Jump to content
Scout

WOW! House panel is probing U.S. military use of Trump-owned property in Scotland

Recommended Posts

Washington Post
September 7 at 11:04 AM
 

The House Oversight Committee is investigating why a financially struggling airport near a Trump-owned golf course

in Scotland has seen an uptick in expenditures by the U.S. military since President Trump took office.

 

Chairman Elijah E. Cummings and Rep. Jamie Raskin, both Maryland Democrats, sent a letter to the

Defense Department’s acting secretary, Patrick M. Shanahan, in June asking for all travel information pertaining

to Pentagon personnel through the Glasgow Prestwick Airport, as well as visits to the Trump Turnberry golf resort.

 

In the letter, Cummings and Raskin say that the airport “reportedly has provided ‘cut-price rooms for select

passengers and crew’ and ‘offered free rounds at Turnberry to visiting U.S. military and civilian air crews.’ ”

 

Trump purchased the cash-strapped golf course on the west coast of Scotland in 2014 and

has never turned a profit on his investment. In the years after his purchase, Trump advocated bringing

more flights through Prestwick Airport, which would benefit his property just 30 miles away.

 

The Oversight Committee members cite a February 2018 story in the Guardian stating that the

Defense Logistics Agency has helped shore up the airport’s income by stopping there for refueling during

missions. Since October 2017, the Pentagon has spent $11 million on fuel at Prestwick.

 

Politico, which first reported the Oversight investigation, described one Air National Guard trip to

Kuwait in which the crew stopped at Trump’s Turnberry property on the way there and back.

Typically, crews refuel in locations where there are U.S. military bases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Scout said:
House panel is probing U.S. military use of Trump-owned property in Scotland

 

We want the PEE Tape !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Scout said:
In the letter, Cummings and Raskin say that the airport reportedly

 

Another Trump bashing story with a anonymous source and unverifiable information.

 

Of course that doesn't matter to ultraliberals...only the agenda and subliminal messages do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Old Mack said:

 

Another Trump bashing story with a anonymous source and unverifiable information.

 

Of course that doesn't matter...only the agenda and subliminal messages do.

While the retardocons respond only to the dog whistle, and the strawman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Old Mack said:

 

Another Trump bashing story with a anonymous source and unverifiable information.

 

Of course that doesn't matter to ultraliberals...only the agenda and subliminal messages do.

 

US Congress is investigating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

 

TDS strikes again! Get Trump™ at any cost!!! Rumor has it he put a booger on the underside of his desk in third grade! STONE HIM!!!!

 

LMFAO, you morons are hilarious!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

US Congress is investigating.

 

Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-OR) said that “something close” to the long-rumored “pee tape” exists, saying he “think it's likely that Putin has something on President Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

US Congress is investigating why my anus hangs to my knees

 

Idiot! Of course those Demoncrap bastards are investigating President Trump. Damn you're stupid!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, leftwinger said:

 

Agree.

 

1 minute ago, SixShooter said:

Damn you're stupid!

 

1 minute ago, leftwinger said:

Agree.

 

LMFAO! Moron!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Old Mack said:

 

Another Trump bashing story with a anonymous source and unverifiable information.

 

Of course that doesn't matter to ultraliberals...only the agenda and subliminal messages do.

 

Republicans HATE whistleblowers who expose their corruption.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scout said:

Republicans HATE whistleblowers who expose their corruption.

 

Whistleblowers come out in the open.

 

It's reported, someone close to the investigation, some with knowledge...are things ultraliberal agenda driven media tools use instead of saying...I made this up BUT it is about Trump so that doesn't matter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scout said:
Washington Post
September 7 at 11:04 AM
 

The House Oversight Committee is investigating why a financially struggling airport near a Trump-owned golf course

in Scotland has seen an uptick in expenditures by the U.S. military since President Trump took office.

 

Chairman Elijah E. Cummings and Rep. Jamie Raskin, both Maryland Democrats, sent a letter to the

Defense Department’s acting secretary, Patrick M. Shanahan, in June asking for all travel information pertaining

to Pentagon personnel through the Glasgow Prestwick Airport, as well as visits to the Trump Turnberry golf resort.

 

In the letter, Cummings and Raskin say that the airport “reportedly has provided ‘cut-price rooms for select

passengers and crew’ and ‘offered free rounds at Turnberry to visiting U.S. military and civilian air crews.’ ”

 

Trump purchased the cash-strapped golf course on the west coast of Scotland in 2014 and

has never turned a profit on his investment. In the years after his purchase, Trump advocated bringing

more flights through Prestwick Airport, which would benefit his property just 30 miles away.

 

The Oversight Committee members cite a February 2018 story in the Guardian stating that the

Defense Logistics Agency has helped shore up the airport’s income by stopping there for refueling during

missions. Since October 2017, the Pentagon has spent $11 million on fuel at Prestwick.

 

Politico, which first reported the Oversight investigation, described one Air National Guard trip to

Kuwait in which the crew stopped at Trump’s Turnberry property on the way there and back.

Typically, crews refuel in locations where there are U.S. military bases.

Typocally, but not always ....

And that says it all....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bribe President Trump by Paying at his Hotel

 

 

“It reflects the normalization of corruption — this is just how business works in Trump’s Washington D.C.,” said Robert Weissman, the president of Public Citizen, a nonprofit ethics group. “We have witnessed a stunning degradation of ethical norms.”

 

Federal Election Commission records, meanwhile, show that since January 2017, at least $5.6 million has been spent at Trump properties by political candidates or party organizations, including by Mr. Trump’s own political operation, according to an analysis by Public Citizen.

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/07/us/politics/trump-hotel.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Whitemajikman said:

Would you like to discuss obama's corruption of our intel agencies ?

 

Obama is out of office.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Scout said:

 

Republicans HATE whistleblowers who expose their corruption.

 

Idiot! Prestwick has been an important strategic facility since WW2 and has been a regular US military refueling stop since, and is currently under contract with the USAF.

 

Damn, your abject ignorance coupled with your alarming eagerness to jump off any cliff the Dummacraps and their media mouthpieces tell you to is as astonishing as it is dangerous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scout said:
Washington Post
September 7 at 11:04 AM
 

The House Oversight Committee is investigating why a financially struggling airport near a Trump-owned golf course

in Scotland has seen an uptick in expenditures by the U.S. military since President Trump took office.

 

Chairman Elijah E. Cummings and Rep. Jamie Raskin, both Maryland Democrats, sent a letter to the

Defense Department’s acting secretary, Patrick M. Shanahan, in June asking for all travel information pertaining

to Pentagon personnel through the Glasgow Prestwick Airport, as well as visits to the Trump Turnberry golf resort.

 

In the letter, Cummings and Raskin say that the airport “reportedly has provided ‘cut-price rooms for select

passengers and crew’ and ‘offered free rounds at Turnberry to visiting U.S. military and civilian air crews.’ ”

 

Trump purchased the cash-strapped golf course on the west coast of Scotland in 2014 and

has never turned a profit on his investment. In the years after his purchase, Trump advocated bringing

more flights through Prestwick Airport, which would benefit his property just 30 miles away.

 

The Oversight Committee members cite a February 2018 story in the Guardian stating that the

Defense Logistics Agency has helped shore up the airport’s income by stopping there for refueling during

missions. Since October 2017, the Pentagon has spent $11 million on fuel at Prestwick.

 

Politico, which first reported the Oversight investigation, described one Air National Guard trip to

Kuwait in which the crew stopped at Trump’s Turnberry property on the way there and back.

Typically, crews refuel in locations where there are U.S. military bases.

Advertisement
The Guardian - Back to home
Support The Guardian
Available for everyone, funded by readers
ContributeSubscribe
current edition:International edition 
ShowMore 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 This article is more than 1 year old

Scottish government criticised over US military use of airport

 This article is more than 1 year old

SNP accused of hypocrisy for funding Glasgow Prestwick airport which has links to Trump

Severin Carrell Scotland editor

Wed 7 Feb 2018 16.14 GMTLast modified on Thu 8 Feb 2018 17.50 GMT

  •  
  •  
  •  
Shares
350
 
 

A US Navy fighter jet arrives at Glasgow Prestwick Airport in Ayrshire.  A US Navy fighter jet arrives at Glasgow Prestwick Airport in Ayrshire. Photograph: Alamy Stock Photo

A publicly owned Scottish airport is being used by the US military to launch frontline operations and is striking deals with Donald Trump’s golf resort in an effort to stem its heavy financial losses.

An investigation by the Guardian has revealed Glasgow Prestwick airport is a base for live missions by the US Air Force, while its executives have highlighted its close relations with President Trump’s nearby resort at Turnberry to promote its bid to become a spaceport backed by the US government.

Scottish opposition politicians accused the ruling Scottish National party of “breathtaking hypocrisy” over its attitude to the Trump administration and asked whether the first minister, Nicola Sturgeon, had misled MSPs on the matter.

Advertisement

The coastal airport, 32 miles south of Glasgow, was bought for £1 by the Scottish government in November 2013, when Alex Salmond was first minister, to save it from closure. Between then and April 2017 the airport lost £26.5m as 500,000 civilian passengers a year went to rival airports.

It is eligible for another £7.7m in government loans this year to cover its continuing losses, which would take its total debts to the taxpayer to nearly £48m, plus interest. That is more than double the £21m ministers originally said would be needed to help return the airport to profit.

In an effort to stem its losses, Prestwick executives have attended military fairs across the US to pursue contracts to service cargo flights, troop transports and air-to-air refueling operations for the US Air Force, Marine Corps, Navy, National Guard and the US Defense Logistics Agency.

Official memos seen by the Guardian show Prestwick has won these contracts with the knowledge of Scottish government ministers, including Keith Brown, the economy secretary, both while Trump was the Republican presidential candidate and since he became president.

Profile

Glasgow Prestwick airport's links to Trump Turnberry resort

Show

Scottish government officials sought to withhold details of many of the deals, heavily censoring documents it released under freedom of information legislation. But the USAF confirmed Prestwick was used to support frontline US military operations.

Maj Richard Komurek, a USAF spokesman for Europe and Africa, said: “Glasgow Prestwick airport is one of a variety of airfields within Europe that can be used to support a full range of USAF operations.

“The forward-basing of US aircraft in Europe enhances our ability to conduct rapid global mobility, global strike operations and training to maintain combat-ready forces that are ready to respond to contingencies and support allies and partners.”

The documents reveal that USAF Stratotanker air-to-air refueling aircraft operated several sorties from Prestwick while based there for three weeks in May 2017. That month, the USAF also approved “active duty missions” from Prestwick for Hercules C130 cargo planes for its air mobility command, which describes the C130 as “the prime transport for airdropping troops and equipment into hostile areas”.

Brown was told a visit by US diplomats to Prestwick to prepare for Trump’s arrival to open the Turnberry resort in June 2016 led to new contacts with the USAF’s European chief of defense and the US air attache to the UK. In October 2016, Prestwick signed a three-year basing and fuel supply deal with the Defense Logistics Agency, helping it almost double its income from fuel sales to £3m last year.

Brown was told those contacts also led to the USAF earmarking Prestwick to take a greater share of its flights after it leaves Mildenhall airbase in Suffolk, its largest base in the UK, in 2024.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SixShooter said:

 

Idiot! Prestwick has been an important strategic facility since WW2 and has been a regular US military refueling stop since, and is currently under contract with the USAF.

 

Damn, your abject ignorance coupled with your alarming eagerness to jump off any cliff the Dummacraps and their media mouthpieces tell you to is as astonishing as it is dangerous.

Yep, but it shows the desperation of the dems......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...