Sign in to follow this  
DeepBreath

This made me spit my breakfast out!https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2018/01/17/medicaid-is-an-effective-efficient-program-highly-valued-by-its-beneficiaries-and-yet-republicans-are-relentlessly-trying-to-cut-it

9 hours ago, maineman said:

I’ll take thar as your surrender. Bye bye.

Just because you’re an idiot and don’t believe something like Medicaid ER abuse being a huge issue, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist or isn’t true. 😂

An intelligent person would have already researched the topic and known better but you’re too stupid with confirmation bias to actually get off your ass and learn something. 

6 minutes ago, DeepBreath said:

Just because you’re an idiot and don’t believe something like Medicaid ER abuse being a huge issue, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist or isn’t true. 😂

An intelligent person would have already researched the topic and known better but you’re too stupid with confirmation bias to actually get off your ass and learn something. 

if you had data that showed that more medicaid services were provided in ER's than in doctor's offices, you would have presented it long ago.  We both know that.

3 hours ago, maineman said:

if you had data that showed that more medicaid services were provided in ER's than in doctor's offices, you would have presented it long ago.  We both know that.

No, we don’t know that. I’m not wasting my time presenting research to someone with a clear confirmation bias, dummy. 

Make sure you don’t drink and drive. 

1 minute ago, DeepBreath said:

No, we don’t know that. I’m not wasting my time presenting research to someone with a clear confirmation bias, dummy. 

Make sure you don’t drink and drive. 

if you had it, you'd show it... you don't have it.  If you had it, I would acknowledge it.... but we both know you don't.  quit tap dancing.  pity hound.

2 minutes ago, maineman said:

if you had it, you'd show it... you don't have it.  If you had it, I would acknowledge it.... but we both know you don't.  quit tap dancing.  pity hound.

There’s tons of research that proves you wrong. Why won’t you research a topic you claim to know about? 😂

6 minutes ago, DeepBreath said:

There’s tons of research that proves you wrong. Why won’t you research a topic you claim to know about? 😂

Post a link that shows that more medicaid services are delivered through ER’s than through doctor’s offices or STFU.

13 minutes ago, maineman said:

Post a link that shows that more medicaid services are delivered through ER’s than through doctor’s offices or STFU.

The majority of ER visits are Medicaid....

You think an ER visit costs the same as a PCP visit? 😂

Look it up yourself or stay ignorant. I’m betting on you staying ignorant either way. 

9 hours ago, DeepBreath said:

The majority of ER visits are Medicaid....

You think an ER visit costs the same as a PCP visit? 😂

Look it up yourself or stay ignorant. I’m betting on you staying ignorant either way. 

Do you NOT understand that saying that the majority of ER visits are Medicaid is NOT synonymous with saying that the majority of Medicaid services are delivered at an ER?

All Irishmen are redheads, but not all redheads are Irishmen.

Didn't they teach you basic logic at Bedpan U.???

11 minutes ago, maineman said:

Do you NOT understand that saying that the majority of ER visits are Medicaid is NOT synonymous with saying that the majority of Medicaid services are delivered at an ER?

MM, I may only be on my 2nd cup of joe this am...but this is nonsense 

35 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

MM, I may only be on my 2nd cup of joe this am...but this is nonsense 

If, in a given town, there are 100 visits to the ER, and 75 of them are from Medicaid patients that would prove deepshit's statement.  However, if, in that same town during the same time period, there were 500 visits to doctor's offices by Medicaid patients, that would tend to disprove his assertion that the majority of Medicaid services are delivered IN the ER.

A majority of services in the ER being delivered to Medicaid patients is NOT synonymous with a majority of overall system-wide Medicaid services being delivered IN the ER.

Surely, you can have another sip of coffee and wrap your brain around that... can't you?

1 minute ago, maineman said:

If, in a given town, there are 100 visits to the ER, and 75 of them are from Medicaid patients that would prove deepshit's statement.  However, if, in that same town during the same time period, there were 500 visits to doctor's offices by Medicaid patients, that would tend to disprove his assertion that the majority of Medicaid services are delivered IN the ER.

A majority of services in the ER being delivered to Medicaid patients is NOT synonymous with a majority of overall system-wide Medicaid services being delivered IN the ER.

Surely, you can have another sip of coffee and wrap your brain around that... can't you?

I will tell you from my experience, Medicaid patients have a difficult time getting appointments. 

Often times these doctors are so overrun with patients the wait for an appt (if they are even taking new pts) can be weeks or months.

So they refer you to the ER.

This is a glimpse into universal healthcare.. yeah you have coverage..but you may die before you are seen

6 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

I will tell you from my experience, Medicaid patients have a difficult time getting appointments. 

Often times these doctors are so overrun with patients the wait for an appt (if they are even taking new pts) can be weeks or months.

So they refer you to the ER.

This is a glimpse into universal healthcare.. yeah you have coverage..but you may die before you are seen

Yet you dodge the math.  Deepshit asserts that the majority of Medicaid services are delivered at the ER.  I asked him to prove that... he - and you - offer nothing but platitudinous anecdotes as your proof.  From MY experience here in Maine, when my wife and I moved back to Freeport, we got set up with a local PCP.  As it turns out, he is a former Navy Medical Officer so we have a nice informal relationship.... I asked him how much of his practice was Medicaid and he said a large chunk... Freeport itself is pretty upscale, but people in the outlying areas in rural central Maine are the working poor.  He is their PCP.

4 minutes ago, maineman said:

Yet you dodge the math.  Deepshit asserts that the majority of Medicaid services are delivered at the ER.  I asked him to prove that... he - and you - offer nothing but platitudinous anecdotes as your proof.  From MY experience here in Maine, when my wife and I moved back to Freeport, we got set up with a local PCP.  As it turns out, he is a former Navy Medical Officer so we have a nice informal relationship.... I asked him how much of his practice was Medicaid and he said a large chunk... Freeport itself is pretty upscale, but people in the outlying areas in rural central Maine are the working poor.  He is their PCP.

I am asking ..have you ever had Medicaid ?

1 minute ago, Imgreatagain said:

I am asking ..have you ever had Medicaid ?

Never.  I've had healthcare provided through the military since I was 18.

My wife is a former healthcare worker (echocardiography) and when I asked her if she thought the majority of Medicaid services were provided in the ER, she laughed and said, "of course not".

12 hours ago, maineman said:

If you go by dollars? It’s a no brainer, dumbass. 😂

1 minute ago, DeepBreath said:

If you go by dollars? It’s a no brainer, dumbass. 😂

you claim that the majority of medicaid services are delivered at the ER and not at doctor's offices.

prove it or shut the fuck up.  

End of story.

13 hours ago, maineman said:

Never.  I've had healthcare provided through the military since I was 18.

My wife is a former healthcare worker (echocardiography) and when I asked her if she thought the majority of Medicaid services were provided in the ER, she laughed and said, "of course not".

I am drunk tonight.

I drank too much, throughout my life.

Now, I need a $800,000 liver transplant.   Who will pay for it?

My neighbor will.  The taxpayer will.   Medicaid.

I am rowing the same skiff that you are in.  I want the taxpayer to give me what I cannot get on my own.  That is why.....I  am a democrat.

Did I just tell you a lie?  Yes.  I am a poker player.   And a good one.  God, gives us......renegades...….permission to lie.

I am not in the same rowboat that you are.

I live in the valley of the...…"sumbitch".   We don't need the gov. taxpayers...….to pay for our way......through life.

We are tough enough.....to that......on our own.  You need the gov. to give you free-money.   And we......don't.

Now, you know the difference between the white boys of Maine...….and the dusty cowboys, of Texas.         😊

😲

4 hours ago, maineman said:

you claim that the majority of medicaid services are delivered at the ER and not at doctor's offices.

prove it or shut the fuck up.  

End of story.

The research is already out there. Why do I have to do the research for you like I care whether you believe it or not? 😂

6 hours ago, DeepBreath said:

The research is already out there. Why do I have to do the research for you like I care whether you believe it or not? 😂

If the research is already out there, you obviously don't have to DO it, do you?  All you need to do point to a link that verifies your, as yet unverified claim that the majority of all medicaid services are delivered at ER's and not at doctor's offices.  You made the claim.... just back it up or shut the fuck up.  Easy choice, I would imagine.

1 minute ago, maineman said:

If the research is already out there, you obviously don't have to DO it, do you?  All you need to do point to a link that verifies your, as yet unverified claim that the majority of all medicaid services are delivered at ER's and not at doctor's offices.  You made the claim.... just back it up or shut the fuck up.  Easy choice, I would imagine.

I probably would if you weren’t such an Bad word about it. 😂

Instead, I’ll just chuckle every time I read your comments. 

27 minutes ago, DeepBreath said:

So.... you show that more emergency room visits are made by medicaid patients than non-medicaid patients.  Big deal.  That was not your assertion.  You CLAIMED that more medicaid services were delivered at ERs than at doctor's offices.

Let me know when you have any proof of that.  You really aren't very bright, are you?

idiot.

6 minutes ago, maineman said:

Let me know when you have any proof of that.  You really aren't very bright, are you?

idiot.

your party is pushing  gun confiscation and  getting rid of   fireplaces and gas stoves... all to cheers

38 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

your party is pushing  gun confiscation and  getting rid of   fireplaces and gas stoves... all to cheers

What does that have to do with medicaid and ER's, you stupid moron?