Redoctober

Why Does Anyone Need an AR-15?

46 minutes ago, Scout said:

I think there is truth to it.

Men feel a need to compensate for their shortcomings with other objects they can show off to other men.  

Men - are also responsible for protecting the Women and Children.

" All societies are based on rules to protect pregnant women and young children. All else is surplusage, excrescence, adornment, luxury, or folly, which can — and must — be dumped in emergency to preserve this prime function. As racial survival is the only universal morality, no other basic is possible. Attempts to formulate a "perfect society" on any foundation other than "Women and children first!" is not only witless, it is automatically genocidal. Nevertheless, starry-eyed idealists (all of them male) have tried endlessly — and no doubt will keep on trying. "

- Robert A. Heinlein -

Do you know any?

1 hour ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

That never happened. If it did, We'd be celebrating instead letting it happen over and over.

It DID happen, whether you want to admit it or not.  Shove your head in the sand all you want; but ever since the tragedy in Beslan, Russia we were trying to wake up American educators to the need for improved security, and they rejected those assertions outright in favor of demanding nonsensical gun control.

The deaths of those children at Sandy Hook - and at Parkland, and Santa Fe, and all the OTHER school shootings since - are at the feet of you and your gun control buddies.

38 minutes ago, Scout said:

It is highly unlikely they either were NOT in a safe or his mother had give him the combination.

he murdered her to get them

1 hour ago, Scout said:

I think there is truth to it.

Men feel a need to compensate for their shortcomings with other objects they can show off to other men.  

You are a female. You have no idea what it is to be a man. You are just repeating old tropes. 

Here is a bit of reality that you can look up in psychological studies. Typically Women are interested in people and men are interested in things. Guns, cars, tools are all things. It has nothing to do with penis size.  

1 hour ago, Spartan said:

Yeah, you ARE an idiot!  I never said squat about a safe.  I said that Adam Lanza COMMITTED MURDER to gain access to the guns, and that is the truth.  

Sweet, merciful crap but you're stupid.

Now even Elton cannot deny you are lying! 

31 minutes ago, Redoctober said:

You are a female. You have no idea what it is to be a man. You are just repeating old tropes. 

Here is a bit of reality that you can look up in psychological studies. Typically Women are interested in people and men are interested in things. Guns, cars, tools are all things. It has nothing to do with penis size.  

If that makes you feel better about yourself, then you just go ahead and believe that. 

1 hour ago, EltonJohnson said:

he murdered her to get them

You and Spartan are BOTH idiots.

He had access to at least ONE loaded gun because he killed his mother with it.

They were NOT secured. 

I predict the response will claim I am the one who is stupid! 

Now you can see why it doesn't affect me when these two idiots claim I'm stupid and don't understand guns.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

41 minutes ago, Redoctober said:

Because women observe people so much more intensely then men, we have a big advantage on understanding men that

men do not have re understanding women.

You understand a hammer because you observe tools.

6 minutes ago, Scout said:

Because women observe people so much more intensely then men, we have a big advantage on understanding men that

Not quite.  The main difference between men and women, when it comes to observation, is that men tend not to observe just anyone.  Men observe those whom they are interested in for one reason or another; or those who present as potential threats or rivals.  And, in such cases men can be extremely observant.  Men will dismiss those who do not interest them and won't know they even exist. 

Women are not as selective in who they observe and will tend to observe anyone in their immediate vicinity, regardless of any present need or reason.

5 minutes ago, Skans said:

Not quite.  The main difference between men and women, when it comes to observation, is that men tend not to observe just anyone.  Men observe those whom they are interested in for one reason or another; or those who present as potential threats or rivals.  And, in such cases men can be extremely observant.  Men will dismiss those who do not interest them and won't know they even exist. 

Women are not as selective in who they observe and will tend to observe anyone in their immediate vicinity, regardless of any present need or reason.

False.  YOu guys stare at hammers and ponder how it works.

Just now, Scout said:

False.  YOu guys stare at hammers and ponder how it works.

True, we do that too, I won't deny that.   But, that's because we spend less time watching EVERYBODY around us, and only concern ourselves with those that matter.

3 minutes ago, Skans said:

True, we do that too, I won't deny that.   But, that's because we spend less time watching EVERYBODY around us, and only concern ourselves with those that matter.

Woman put emotions into everything. Including observing their surroundings. 

Emotional v/s rational 

women.             Men

end of story 

5 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

Emotional v/s rational 

women.             Men

end of story 

Does the fact that a woman puts emotions into everything preclude that men do the same?  I believe that men and women are actually more similar than they are different. The nuances seem large to us, but overall, I think they amount to minor variations on the same theme.   I wonder whether a Whale can tell the difference between a human male and a human female?

5 minutes ago, Skans said:

Does the fact that a woman puts emotions into everything preclude that men do the same?  I believe that men and women are actually more similar than they are different. The nuances seem large to us, but overall, I think they amount to minor variations on the same theme.   I wonder whether a Whale can tell the difference between a human male and a human female?

I don’t know the answer to the whale  question .

As far as the other comparison.. maybe I should rephrase my point. Men and women react differently. While the same emotions may be felt: hurt fear, sadness, joy ..the reaction and display of these emotions/feelings Differ greatly . 

Agree or disagree?  

3 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

I don’t know the answer to the whale  question .

As far as the other comparison.. maybe I should rephrase my point. Men and women react differently. While the same emotions may be felt: hurt fear, sadness, joy ..the reaction and display of these emotions/feelings Differ greatly . 

Agree or disagree?  

Our emotional responses to things do differ, but not greatly.  Can you name one emotion that either man can feel or that women can feel, that the other sex (normal person, not a psychopath) is absolutely incapable of feeling?

Our emotional responses to things do differ, but not greatly.  Can you name one emotion that either man can feel or that women can feel, that the other sex (normal person, not a psychopath) is absolutely incapable of feeling?

No. Maybe I’m not being clear . 

When a man is upset - he tends to shout. 

A woman may cry. Is that making it more clear ? 

1 hour ago, Scout said:

Now even Elton cannot deny you are lying! 

I've never lied in my life.  You, on the other hand, are not only dishonest to the point of psychosis, but you're a rancid, diseased whore with a sociopathic personality, no integrity, and zero rationality towards this issue.

18 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

No. Maybe I’m not being clear . 

When a man is upset - he tends to shout. 

A woman may cry. Is that making it more clear ? 

It is clear.  Perhaps I'm not being clear.  You are still diving into "nuance" differences between man and women.  Men are capable of crying, they simply learn not to.  My point is that our bodies and our minds are "wired" nearly identically, except for several organs.  We tend to see them as glaring differences.  In reality, however, we are so much more similar than we are different.

It is clear.  Perhaps I'm not being clear.  You are still diving into "nuance" differences between man and women.  Men are capable of crying, they simply learn not to.  My point is that our bodies and our minds are "wired" nearly identically, except for several organs.  We tend to see them as glaring differences.  In reality, however, we are so much more similar than we are different.

Ok . You win. I agree with you there. So maybe learned behavior is what I’m addressing

1 hour ago, Scout said:

If that makes you feel better about yourself, then you just go ahead and believe that. 

It isn't about feeling better. 

1 hour ago, Scout said:

Who said women observe people so much? I said women are typically interested in people. That in no way gives them special insight to behavior. It is more so true in your case here. LOL

1 hour ago, Imgreatagain said:

Emotional v/s rational 

women.             Men

end of story 

We observe the people around us much more intensely than men do.

We sense moods much better in those around us.

We don't ponder how hammers work.

31 minutes ago, Skans said:

I don't agree. 

Perhaps the wish to survive is similar, but not much else. 

Not only do men NOT cry (much), they learn to belittle anyone that does cry.

That is VERY different in women. 

7 minutes ago, Scout said:

We observe the people around us much more intensely than men do.

We sense moods much better in those around us.

We don't ponder how hammers work.

Umm.. how difficult is it to use a hammer. Bad analogy sweetie 

14 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

Umm.. how difficult is it to use a hammer. Bad analogy sweetie 

No, it is a perfect analogy.