How much if any will the death of him defeat the Kochs power in running the Republican Party?

20 minutes ago, Ljay246 said:

How much if any will the death of him defeat the Kochs power in running the Republican Party?

It's like when Scalia died, they just replace Koch with another billionaire instead of Supreme Court Justice.

In NHB they kept going on about liberals rejoicing his death, I don't doubt there was probably something on YouTube or maybe 1 or 2 members here but they seem pretty overjoyed with RBG having cancer treatment. Also how many were outwardly happy about Scalia's death in 2016?

Just want to add if RGB lives 1 day past feburary 13th next year but dies shortly after the schit should hit the fan if these SOB's try and confirm another Trump nomination.

Before changing its name to the Cato Institute in 1977, the libertarian think tank was known as the Charles Koch Foundation.  Both Charles and David Koch, along with the Cato Institute have promoted the the self-only philosophy found in the fiction of Ayn Rand, as a laudable example to be followed.   And Cato has strong ties to the "Atlas Society"  and the "Ayn Rand Institute".

The passing of David Koch represents one less, extremely powerful adherent to Rand's pernicious doctrine.  The Koch brothers are so extreme that there is a reasonable chance, that saner, more moderate heads will take over after Charles follows his brother to that great plutocracy in the sky.

The  surviving older Koch Brother Charles has been running the company since  David went into semi retirement last year, according to an NPR story I heard, so I doubt that any major changes in campaign funding will result.

On 8/24/2019 at 1:51 PM, bludog said:

Before changing its name to the Cato Institute in 1977, the libertarian think tank was known as the Charles Koch Foundation.  Both Charles and David Koch, along with the Cato Institute have promoted the the self-only philosophy found in the fiction of Ayn Rand, as a laudable example to be followed.   And Cato has strong ties to the "Atlas Society"  and the "Ayn Rand Institute".

The passing of David Koch represents one less, extremely powerful adherent to Rand's pernicious doctrine.  The Koch brothers are so extreme that there is a reasonable chance, that saner, more moderate heads will take over after Charles follows his brother to that great plutocracy in the sky.

I  would be surprised if he Koch Foundation or whatever funds elections, will change much, as the Kochs were quite shrewd in being specific about their donations. The Kochs both are engineers and of course know that they are poisoning the planet. They just don't care.

I got an invitation to attend some Cato Institute seminars, I suppose because I subscribe to somw investment publications. They were grotesquely overpriced and did not sound like they would be useful to anyone.

On 8/24/2019 at 1:07 PM, fourputt said:

Just want to add if RGB lives 1 day past feburary 13th next year but dies shortly after the schit should hit the fan if these SOB's try and confirm another Trump nomination.

I agree that schitt SHOULD hit the fan, but McConnell will do whatever he likes, regardless of spattering.