Sign in to follow this  
NeoConvict

Why should the mentally ill lose their constitutional rights to self defense?

Only a small fraction of the mentally ill are a danger to themselves or others. Unless they are individually adjudicated as being a threat they should have access to firearms. 

19 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Only a small fraction of the mentally ill are a danger to themselves or others. Unless they are individually adjudicated as being a threat they should have access to firearms. 

disciple of doubt ^^^^^^^or devil's advocate  Is there any difference?

So your think that someone who thinks the Martians are stealing their underwear oughta own ab UZI?

"Disciples of doubt" are  those who question sole's sanity. They only exist in his mudled brain. sole does not know what a Devil'e Advocate is, He COULD look it up, but he won't.

2 hours ago, NeoConvict said:

love it. self parody

1 minute ago, XavierOnassis said:

So your think that someone who thinks the Martians are stealing their underwear oughta own ab UZI?

"Disciples of doubt" are  those who question sole's sanity. They only exist in his mudled brain. sole does not know what a Devil'e Advocate is, He COULD look it up, but he won't.

This kind of legislation and baseless animousty towards the mentally ill is misguided. Replace the mentally ill with any other minority class in the hypocrisy would be more evident.

Just now, NeoConvict said:

This kind of legislation and baseless animousty towards the mentally ill is misguided. Replace the mentally ill with any other minority class in the hypocrisy would be more evident.

Hilarious. I now see you were hired to troll this forum in order to add humor.

So  can we conclude from this that NeoCon has been judged to be crazy?

If someone has lost touch with reality, they  should not be made to be armed and dangerous.

Most sane people have no need to be armed.

`

2 hours ago, NeoConvict said:

except the ones who are a danger to oneself is generally locked up, homeless on the street going between psyche wards , jail and shelters, those folks Im not worried about as they will never get access to guns

Im more concerned with the ones who are on medication and knows they have a problem and can slip through the cracks

We have seen the last few shootings that the shooters were mentally unbalanced, enough to get back , enough to fool the authorities and purchase weapons, but failure on Society as they posted things that triggered red flags.

Some activists believes their writing/posting is protected by the first amendment , so we are stuck between a rock and a hard place

how do we prevent these nutjobs from obtaining weapons?

Im fresh out of ideas and I assume most of congress is too

8 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

This has to be a joke. 

With you on that. Nice to have someone doing satire.

15 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

This has to be a joke. 

No, it's not. #2 advocates truly feel that every man, woman, and child have the right to own a firearm.

46 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Earthlings casting themselves as a social identity defying the only reason they exist as reproduced so far directly proportioned to the population in this atmosphere spouting and touting the idea intellect developed after birth came before humans existed same as the languages used since the dawn of societal evolution directing social behavior when occupying space cradle to grave as alive currently kinetically displaced.

29 minutes ago, JeanMoulin said:

No, it's not. #2 advocates truly feel that every man, woman, and child have the right to own a firearm.

except that mental illness was treated differently in the 18th century than its treated today
read Patrick Henry history or his wife Sarah history of mental illness and how they dealt with her

Just now, chairmanOFTB said:

except that mental illness was treated differently in the 18th century than its treated today
read Patrick Henry history or his wife Sarah history of mental illness and how they dealt with her

Bat crap crazies get zero gun privileges 

1 minute ago, Imgreatagain said:

Bat crap crazies get zero gun privileges 

they didnt back then either, they were either  locked up, or cared for by rich relatives.

which is why I gave the example of one of the founding fathers Patrick Henry , his wife Sarah was mentally ill.

they didnt back then either, they were either  locked up, or cared for by rich relatives.

which is why I gave the example of one of the founding fathers Patrick Henry , his wife Sarah was mentally ill.

EST underrated 

3 hours ago, NeoConvict said:

There are many different kinds of mental illness.  Homosexuality was for decades categorized as a mental illness - it still is a mental/developmental defect, just not categorized as such for political correctness.  OCD is a mental illness, but many may argue that may be a good thing when it comes to the handling and care of weapons. 

Then you get into areas of clinical depression, schizophrenia, acute paranoia, psychosis - should they have access to guns?  I don't want to deny them their basic civil liberties, but there is a very sound argument as to not permitting these types of people from having guns. Forever?  No.  But, how do you go about saying who can and who cannot have guns? 

Also, I guaranty you there will be a severe chilling effect on people seeking needed help for psychological problems if they happen to have guns.   Is the government now going to have access to our medical records to determine who should not be allowed to have guns?  Does anyone really think that is a good idea?  I have a real problem with that. 

4 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

Electric shock therapy 

okay, do they still use  that today?

okay, do they still use  that today?

I don’t know. But it was effective. But it was 86’d due to people saying it was inhuman. My thought is this- if you can zap back into life- so Be it . 

I was re-wiring my house last year, got shocked big time . After I came to. .. felt amazing.  This is a joke .. kinda 

2 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

I don’t know. But it was effective. But it was 86’d due to people saying it was inhuman. My thought is this- if you can zap back into life- so Be it . 

I was re-wiring my house last year, got shocked big time . After I came to. .. felt amazing.  This is a joke .. kinda 

ha, got it, good one ...

Yeah , the marxists in the 1960's sure made a mess of things , forcing the government to close down Psyche wards because they felt the treatment of the mentally ill was cruel and unusual punishment 

and where did these mentally ill people go? 

today we are so concerned with their feelings that we ignore the reality , they are causing the problem, and now instead of addressing their mistake, they want to punish us law abiding gun owners are rights because their feelings and rights trumps ours ( pardon the pun)

I dont know if NeoConvict was joking around posting this thread or just posting it to see the reaction, either way Mental people dont have the right to bear arms in my opinion, as its a danger to the public or themselves.

The last thing I want to see is some whacked out incel who spends hours and hours playing call of duty, who cant laid and gets turned down by a girl and he decides to go all Rambo on us  because his widdle feelings were hurt 

23 minutes ago, chairmanOFTB said:

Sarah and Mary Todd didn't have access to a high capacity firearm either.