Sign in to follow this  
king of the county

Well that didn’t take long, Cortez takes heat from heartland after calling Electoral College a racist ‘scam’

AOC takes heat from heartland after calling Electoral College a racist ‘scam’

Political figures from the American heartland are torching Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., after the coastal congresswoman posted an Instagram video where she claimed the Electoral College was a racist “scam” that needs to go.

The post featured her driving on an empty highway in a desert landscape and joking about how "many votes" there are out there.

AOC CALLS THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE A ‘SCAM,’ SAYS IT HAS A ‘RACIAL INJUSTUCE BREAKDOWN’

Eliminating the current system in favor of electing the president via the national popular vote would shift power to more heavily populated states, such as Ocasio-Cortez’s home of New York. Midwestern states like Michigan and Wisconsin, now heavily sought-after swing states, and smaller ones like Iowa would have less of an impact should this happen, as Iowa Sen. Joni Ernst pointed out.

“Actually @AOC, eliminating the Electoral College would silence our voices here in Iowa and in many other states across the country,” the Republican senator tweeted, adding, “This is just more evidence of how out of touch the Democrats have become.”

The cause of eliminating the Electoral College has picked up support among some 2020 Democratic presidential candidates, in the wake of President Trump beating Hillary Clinton in 2016 despite losing the popular vote.

Ocasio-Cortez claimed in her Instagram post that, “Due to severe racial disparities in certain states, the Electoral College effectively weighs white voters over voters of color, as opposed to a 'one person, one vote' system where all our votes are counted equally.”

Fox News’ Dana Perino fired back Wednesday night on “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” calling Ocasio-Cortez’s remarks “bad for civics education,” because of the impact she has on social media.

“Think of how many people follow her on Instagram and are going to think, 'OK, the Electoral College is racist' -- because she's... driving through flyover country, then she thinks that it's OK to say that these people don't matter -- the people that live here don't matter,” Perino said, reminding viewers that the Electoral College was not considered racist when it yielded two victories for President Barack Obama.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Proponents of the Electoral College, like Ernst, fear that if the status quo is changed, presidential candidates would overlook smaller states in favor of larger or more densely populated ones.

These Democrats see racism everywhere...

It's non-stop

6 hours ago, king of the county said:

The cause of eliminating the Electoral College has picked up support among some 2020 Democratic presidential candidates, in the wake of President Trump beating Hillary Clinton in 2016 despite losing the popular vote.

The Founding Fathers created the EC for a reason and once again the ultraliberals want to go against thier wisdom and change the Constitution so they can have thier own way.

ultraliberals think it is not a Constitutional right to own a firearm BUT killing a baby is and we all know which was specifically written about.

spic%20ice_zpsrpe2ontg.png

11 minutes ago, Old Mack said:

The Founding Fathers created the EC for a reason and once again the ultraliberals want to go against thier wisdom and change the Constitution so they can have thier own way.

ultraliberals think it is not a Constitutional right to own a firearm BUT killing a baby is and we all know which was specifically written about.

AOC couldn't be a good pimple on Dana Perino's butt !!

Perino is an old-fashioned 'real' woman from Wyoming.    

The E/College protects Wyoming.   And so does the big state of Texas.   The E/college will never die.    🙂

6 hours ago, king of the county said:

AOC takes heat from heartland after calling Electoral College a racist ‘scam’

Political figures from the American heartland are torching Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., after the coastal congresswoman posted an Instagram video where she claimed the Electoral College was a racist “scam” that needs to go.

The post featured her driving on an empty highway in a desert landscape and joking about how "many votes" there are out there.

AOC CALLS THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE A ‘SCAM,’ SAYS IT HAS A ‘RACIAL INJUSTUCE BREAKDOWN’

Eliminating the current system in favor of electing the president via the national popular vote would shift power to more heavily populated states, such as Ocasio-Cortez’s home of New York. Midwestern states like Michigan and Wisconsin, now heavily sought-after swing states, and smaller ones like Iowa would have less of an impact should this happen, as Iowa Sen. Joni Ernst pointed out.

“Actually @AOC, eliminating the Electoral College would silence our voices here in Iowa and in many other states across the country,” the Republican senator tweeted, adding, “This is just more evidence of how out of touch the Democrats have become.”

Ocasio-Cortez claimed in her Instagram post that, “Due to severe racial disparities in certain states, the Electoral College effectively weighs white voters over voters of color, as opposed to a 'one person, one vote' system where all our votes are counted equally.”

Fox News’ Dana Perino fired back Wednesday night on “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” calling Ocasio-Cortez’s remarks “bad for civics education,” because of the impact she has on social media.

“Think of how many people follow her on Instagram and are going to think, 'OK, the Electoral College is racist' -- because she's... driving through flyover country, then she thinks that it's OK to say that these people don't matter -- the people that live here don't matter,” Perino said, reminding viewers that the Electoral College was not considered racist when it yielded two victories for President Barack Obama.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Proponents of the Electoral College, like Ernst, fear that if the status quo is changed, presidential candidates would overlook smaller states in favor of larger or more densely populated ones.

The Electoral College is a scam; it is an Affirmative Action program for Republicans.

If getting rid of it gives weight to more populated states (Really?  You think Missouri is 'more populated'?)  it is because the Electoral College unfairly distributes it.  So your claims of caring about less populated states having more power means you actually endorse unfairness in our elections.   

There are no chatters in NHB that understand the purpose of the Electoral College so good luck trying to discuss it.

Ernst logic makes no sense; I'm embarrassed for Iowa. 

I almost forgot....I don't see how the EC is racist. 

sad liberal asswipes hate something that has been around for a long time... they only hate when it doesn't work in their favor!!!

2 hours ago, Scout said:

The Electoral College is a scam; it is an Affirmative Action program for Republicans.

If getting rid of it gives weight to more populated states (Really?  You think Missouri is 'more populated'?)  it is because the Electoral College unfairly distributes it.  So your claims of caring about less populated states having more power means you actually endorse unfairness in our elections.   

There are no chatters in NHB that understand the purpose of the Electoral College so good luck trying to discuss it.

Lady,

The E/College has stopped civil war.     It isn't it true, that 50, rough and rowdy, well-armed, ranch hands, from a mean, nearby ranch ,

could go into town, and outfight, 500 soft, welfare, townfolk?  Yes, I think maybe it is true.  Just  ask Jesse James and Cole Younger.  

Killers and bank robbers.  Country boys to the bone.

But if the country boys can have an equal slice of pie (in gov. decisions)...….then there won't be no trouble.

W/o the E/C, all four of our largest cities...….will decide every election.  That is completely unacceptable.   

Isn't it true.....that you are an ex-cheerleader?   And, isn't it true that you would rather be wrapped up in....

the good, strong, white, arms of the rich, handsome, football quarterback?  

Isn't it true that you are really on our team?      🙂

11 hours ago, Scout said:

Cortez says it’s racist 

11 hours ago, Scout said:

How does one get accepted into the electoral college?  A high sat score?

12 hours ago, Taipan said:

Lady,

The E/College has stopped civil war.     It isn't it true, that 50, rough and rowdy, well-armed, ranch hands, from a mean, nearby ranch ,

could go into town, and outfight, 500 soft, welfare, townfolk?  Yes, I think maybe it is true.  Just  ask Jesse James and Cole Younger.  

Killers and bank robbers.  Country boys to the bone.

But if the country boys can have an equal slice of pie (in gov. decisions)...….then there won't be no trouble.

W/o the E/C, all four of our largest cities...….will decide every election.  That is completely unacceptable.   

Isn't it true.....that you are an ex-cheerleader?   And, isn't it true that you would rather be wrapped up in....

the good, strong, white, arms of the rich, handsome, football quarterback?  

Isn't it true that you are really on our team?      🙂

So you will kill liberals if they don't give you something you neither deserve nor have earned

and don't have the intellect to use?  

When you don't even have the math skills to add up the population of the

four largest cities and realize it is a wee fraction of the total population of

the nation,  you definitely should NOT have extra power.

You don't have the intellect.

We need intelligence running this nation, not guns.

Move to Somalia  or Brazil if you want a society run by guns.

I want a society run by the people, not gun nutter thugs.

No cheerleading in my past.  I don't know where that came from.

3 hours ago, king of the county said:

Cortez says it’s racist 

And I don't see how it is.  Perhaps I haven't

thought about it deeply enuf, but I don't follow her logic without explanation.

19 minutes ago, Scout said:

So you will kill liberals if they don't give you something you neither deserve nor have earned

and don't have the intellect to use?  

When you don't even have the math skills to add up the population of the

four largest cities and realize it is a wee fraction of the total population of

the nation,  you definitely should NOT have extra power.

You don't have the intellect.

We need intelligence running this nation, not guns.

Move to Somalia  or Brazil if you want a society run by guns.

I want a society run by the people, not gun nutter thugs.

No cheerleading in my past.  I don't know where that came from.

If 50 tribes are invited to a big "pow-wow", then some tribes will naturally be bigger than others. 

But all 50 tribes will have an "equal say", and an "equal vote".  This is why the E/College stops civil war.

If you think New York and California are going to decide what is best for Texas children,

then you have another thing coming.  

If necessary, we can get this "secession thing", going,...….starting next Monday morning.   

And Scout,

why do you wish to fight, for the people, who seek the demise of your own tribe?          😠

51 minutes ago, Scout said:

And I don't see how it is.  Perhaps I haven't

thought about it deeply enuf, but I don't follow her logic without explanation.

When you get her logic please share it with us 

2 hours ago, Taipan said:

If 50 tribes are invited to a big "pow-wow", then some tribes will naturally be bigger than others. 

But all 50 tribes will have an "equal say", and an "equal vote".  This is why the E/College stops civil war.

If you think New York and California are going to decide what is best for Texas children,

then you have another thing coming.  

If necessary, we can get this "secession thing", going,...….starting next Monday morning.   

And Scout,

why do you wish to fight, for the people, who seek the demise of your own tribe?          😠

I'm calling your bluff.  START the secession.  I will keep my eyes peeled for a news story of your progress!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

4 minutes ago, Scout said:

I'm calling your bluff.  START the secession.  I will keep my eyes peeled for a news story of your progress!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

But, as a white, Midwest, farmer's daughter, w/ that "girl next door" look......wouldn't you be secretly proud.....

of your white brothers who had the courage.....to make a bold move like that?  Yes, I think you would. 

No response necessary.  I am a psychologist.  I understand the complexity of the human mind.  

That is why I win all the money on the poker tables.     😊

3 minutes ago, Taipan said:

But, as a white, Midwest, farmer's daughter, w/ that "girl next door" look......wouldn't you be secretly proud.....

of your white brothers who had the courage.....to make a bold move like that?  Yes, I think you would. 

No response necessary.  I am a psychologist.  I understand the complexity of the human mind.  

That is why I win all the money on the poker tables.     😊

I have never really respected psychologists. 

I am a statistician.  That is why I win all the money on the 21 tables. 

I admire people who 'do the right thing' and your fantasy fells doesn't seem to grasp that. 

18 hours ago, Old Mack said:

The Founding Fathers created the EC for a reason  .  .  .

And that's to allow thugs to MANIPULATE elections !

ONE MAN  .  .  .  ONE VOTE !

5 minutes ago, JinnMartini said:

And that's to allow thugs to MANIPULATE elections !

ONE MAN  .  .  .  ONE VOTE !

ONE WHITE LAND OWNING MAN.

27 minutes ago, Scout said:

I have never really respected psychologists. 

I am a statistician.  That is why I win all the money on the 21 tables. 

I admire people who 'do the right thing' and your fantasy fells doesn't seem to grasp that. 

Touche, cowgirl.      

I have a statistician in my family.  He works in high-dollar finance. 

Investments and such.  Money is his God,...…..but not mine.

I think they call him a 'quantitative researcher".                            🙂

38 minutes ago, Old Mack said:

ONE WHITE LAND OWNING MAN.

We need a WHITES-ONLY homeland with one man-one vote system !

17 minutes ago, king of the county said:

What kind of car was Cortez driving?   Was it electric?

No, probably a gas-guzzling SUV.