merrill

According to a Kaiser poll 81% of Democrats favor "Medicare for all," single-payer healthcare, along with 60% of Independents and almost a third of Republicans. And for good reason: virtually every country in the developed world provides better access.

2 minutes ago, maineman said:

You just spew unsupportable bullshit opinions and NEVER back them up with anything other than more of your pompous tired bullshit...that's the game that YOU play, elton johnson.

Run along now.

listen pal,  you  make  ridiculous qualified demands  when you debate, its  absurd 

You want  statistical    polling of  of Obama care?   Look at  who is  sitting the  White House  and likely will be until 2024.   Is that polling enough for you?

4 hours ago, maineman said:
6 hours ago, Z09 said:

Do you favor illegals getting free healthcare?

do you favor illegals contributing funds to the social security system that they can never recover?

No and no.

How about you?

4 hours ago, maineman said:

do you favor illegals contributing funds to the social security system that they can never recover?

They should not be here.

28 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

listen pal,  you  make  ridiculous qualified demands  when you debate, its  absurd 

You want  statistical    polling of  of Obama care?   Look at  who is  sitting the  White House  and likely will be until 2024.   Is that polling enough for you?

Do you think that the 2016 election was a referendum on Obamacare?

What a moron!

If it WAS a referendum on Obamacare, then three MILLION more people said they LIKED Obamacare than said they didn't.

The fact of the matter is:  people like Obamacare a lot more than they like the clown.

5 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

They should not be here.

If you have no intention of answering my question, why reply in the first place, you stupid twit?

7 minutes ago, superds77 said:

No and no.

How about you?

I think we should provide them a pathway to citizenship... instead of simply exploit them for cheap labor.

I think that we should throw the CEO's of companies that hire illegal immigrants into prison for ten years.

How about you?

2 minutes ago, maineman said:

I think we should provide them a pathway to citizenship... instead of simply exploit them for cheap labor.

I think that we should throw the CEO's of companies that hire illegal immigrants into prison for ten years.

How about you?

So if you give a job to an illegal you get thrown in prison for 10 years?

And what happens to the illegal?  Does he lose his job and go on welfare?

5 minutes ago, maineman said:

Do you think that the 2016 election was a referendum on Obamacare?

It was a referendum on all of  Obama,   including Obama.

6 minutes ago, maineman said:

What a moron!

yawn

7 minutes ago, maineman said:

If it WAS a referendum on Obamacare, then three MILLION more people said they LIKED Obamacare than said they didn't.

Illegal votes don't count.   Idiots don't count.

6 minutes ago, maineman said:

I think we should provide them a pathway to citizenship.

Why should  illegal aliens be rewarded?

No  other country  on Earth allows or tolerates illegal immigration.

16 minutes ago, maineman said:
25 minutes ago, superds77 said:

No and no.

How about you?

How about you?

First of all, you did not answer the question regarding illegals and healthcare. Care to opine on that?

Secondly, I am not against a "pathway to citizenship" as long as they have to go back to their home country and apply legally and go to the back of the line.

I have no problem prosecuting employers who knowingly hire illegals. We need to do this a great deal more. Existing law provides for this. Perhaps it could be modified, but the main thing would be to enforce CURRENT law.

51 minutes ago, maineman said:

If you have no intention of answering my question, why reply in the first place, you stupid twit?

That is the  answer to   your question

Most of these polls are very selective the way they ask questions....

Example....

81% of Dems favor Medicare for all...

However if they ask the same question...."Do you favor Medicare for all that means your taxes would increase" the response is quite different....

Just now, Z09 said:

Example....

However if they ask the same question...."Do you favor Medicare for all that means your taxes would increase" the response is quite different....

Pretty  much.

Libs are sheeple.    They use polls to  steer  opinion.   Libs are willing to go along as long others are doing it.

1 hour ago, EltonJohnson said:

It was a referendum on all of  Obama,   including Obama.

yawn

Illegal votes don't count.   Idiots don't count.

no evidence of voter fraud.  fool.

51 minutes ago, superds77 said:

First of all, you did not answer the question regarding illegals and healthcare. Care to opine on that?

Secondly, I am not against a "pathway to citizenship" as long as they have to go back to their home country and apply legally and go to the back of the line.

I have no problem prosecuting employers who knowingly hire illegals. We need to do this a great deal more. Existing law provides for this. Perhaps it could be modified, but the main thing would be to enforce CURRENT law.

I would not deny any sick person care at an emergency room.

and you say you have no problem with jailing employers.... and none of you righties ever do.... it just seems that nobody ever gets thrown in jail.... that ICE raid in Mississippi at the chicken plant.... nobody in management is behind bars for that.  why? 

12 minutes ago, Z09 said:

Example....

or..."Do you favor Medicare for all that means your taxes would increase BUT your health insurance premiums would go away, and you couldn't be denied coverage for pre-existing conditions ever?"

the response is quite different depending on how much you want to spin.

27 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

That is the  answer to   your question

no.  it wasn't.

you always dodge.

5 minutes ago, maineman said:
59 minutes ago, superds77 said:

I would not deny any sick person care at an emergency room.

and you say you have no problem with jailing employers.... and none of you righties ever do.... it just seems that nobody ever gets thrown in jail.... that ICE raid in Mississippi at the chicken plant.... nobody in management is behind bars for that.  why? 

A bit of a dodge there MM. Denying emergency services and providing "medicare for all" for illegals are two different things. Would you like to clarify?

Again, yes, I think employers who KNOWINGLY hire illegals should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Why this is not happening as much as it seems it should, I don't know. It is likely that it is hard to prove that many of these employers KNOWINGLY hired illegal labor. That does not make it right. What to do about it? Perhaps the laws need to be changed so the employers would be more culpable.

Just now, superds77 said:

A bit of a dodge there MM. Denying emergency services and providing "medicare for all" for illegals are two different things. Would you like to clarify?

Again, yes, I think employers who KNOWINGLY hire illegals should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Why this is not happening as much as it seems it should, I don't know. It is likely that it is hard to prove that many of these employers KNOWINGLY hired illegal labor. That does not make it right. What to do about it? Perhaps the laws need to be changed so the employers would be more culpable.

I would not provide medicare for illegals.

And we both know the reason that the owners of the chicken plant aren't going to jail.... because the powers that be don't REALLY want the cheap labor to go away... they just want to make Americans THINK that they do.

2 hours ago, maineman said:

That's your theory, is it?

It's no more a theory than the theory you presented that illegals are contributing funds to social security that they will never recover.

2 hours ago, maineman said:

I'm gonna say you PROBABLY can't prove that.

So then why will they never be able to recover the funds they contributed?

7 minutes ago, maineman said:

I would not provide medicare for illegals.

And we both know the reason that the owners of the chicken plant aren't going to jail.... because the powers that be don't REALLY want the cheap labor to go away... they just want to make Americans THINK that they do.

Your response is typical

Go after the employers.....

And if you do then the illegals go on public assistance..

We need to stop them at the border.

And let in them legally and in order

9 minutes ago, JaySolo said:

It's no more a theory than the theory you presented that illegals are contributing funds to social security that they will never recover.

So then why will they never be able to recover the funds they contributed?

The Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA) is the federal law requiring you to withhold three separate taxes from the wages you pay your employees.

FICA is comprised of the following taxes:

6.2 percent Social Security tax;

1.45 percent Medicare tax (the “regular” Medicare tax); and

Since 2013, a 0.9 percent Medicare surtax when the employee earns over $200,000.

The Federal government does not pay Social Security to non-citizens.

14 minutes ago, Z09 said:

Go after the employers.....

And if you do then the illegals go on public assistance..

Bullshit.  If the job market dries up, the Mexicans return to home and go back to work.

They don't leave their homes and their families to come to America just to go on the dole.... that's what dumb southie micks like you would do.

Just now, maineman said:

Bullshit.  If the job market dries up, the Mexicans return to home and go back to work.

They don't leave their homes and their families to come to America just to go on the dole.... that's what dumb southie micks like you would do.

A new study shows half of illegals are on some form of public assistance

3 minutes ago, Z09 said:

A new study shows half of illegals are on some form of public assistance

odd that you wouldn't simply provide a link to that study....