Jump to content

do you have a favorite old movie?


Recommended Posts

There are THOUSANDS of Classic Movies that someone would rate as "the #1 best."

 

Classics

Citizen Kane

Wizard of Oz

Casablanca

To Have or Have Not

Dark Passage

Key Largo

Captains Courageous

King Kong (original)

Stagecoach (original)

Fort Apache

Lost Horizons

Battleground

Paths of Glory

Spartacus

The Day the Earth Stood Still

War of the Worlds

Failsafe

....anything released in 1939......

 

Contemporary Classics

Night of the Living Dead

The Thing

Alien

Jaws

......countless other "cult" classics.......

 

  • Thumb up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Taipan said:

DiNero speaks for you.

But he does not speak for me.  

Me, and Travis Bickle, we are not taking orders today.  Not from you.  Not from....wooooo,.....Mr. Popular....!!!!…..either.

Me, and Travis....are Libertarians.  And we.....are independent minded, free-spirited, sumbitches.

WE......don't get bossed.    WE.....make up our own minds.   With, or without, permission.  

 

I am a member of Texas Tea Party Patriots.   We carry guns.  And Crosses.   We...….are the...…"good guys"......w/ muscle.      😇

i love him Related image

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
On 8/16/2019 at 2:45 PM, XavierOnassis said:

McCabe and Mrs Miller,  Groundhog Day,  Sand Pebbles, Forrest Gump, among others.

Forrest Gump was great! It gets better the more I watch it. The Green Mile was great too.

The best western ever was "Once Upon a Time in the West" The Devil's Rejects" best horror film.

Too many to even mention!

@Taipan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A few more:

 

The Watchmen. I liked it at least as well as Alan Moore's graphic novel. Snyder did away with the pirate subplot which wasn't necessary.

 

The Wicker Man. One of the most frightening movies ever, in terms of its implications.

 

The Night of the Demon. Scary black and white movie based on the short story "Casting the Runes" by M.R. James.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, nuckin futz said:

Forrest Gump was great! It gets better the more I watch it. The Green Mile was great too.

The best western ever was "Once Upon a Time in the West" The Devil's Rejects" best horror film.

Too many to even mention!

@Taipan

 

McCabe & Mrs. Miller.

Pure.....Libertarian.............capitalism.

They tried to start a business.

They died trying.

Damn.

How sad.

 

Deal me in.

I wish to die with them.                🍹.

 

@JinnMartini.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/18/2019 at 4:57 AM, Fit2Serve said:

There are THOUSANDS of Classic Movies that someone would rate as "the #1 best."

 

Classics

Citizen Kane

Wizard of Oz

Casablanca

To Have or Have Not

Dark Passage

Key Largo

Captains Courageous

King Kong (original)

Stagecoach (original)

Fort Apache

Lost Horizons

Battleground

Paths of Glory

Spartacus

The Day the Earth Stood Still

War of the Worlds

Failsafe

....anything released in 1939......

 

Contemporary Classics

Night of the Living Dead

The Thing

Alien

Jaws

......countless other "cult" classics.......

 

Have you ever seen 'the great escape'? 

 

'white Christmas'?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/16/2019 at 4:45 PM, XavierOnassis said:

McCabe and Mrs Miller,  Groundhog Day,  Sand Pebbles, Forrest Gump, among others.

 

You could have made a more gay list ... wait, no you couldn't ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Cowboys

Dirt Harry

The Hustler

Bullitt

Taxi Driver

The Departed

Open Range

Unforgiven

Enter the Dragon

Duel

John Wick (1)

Training Day

Platoon

Star Wars (1)

Jaws (1)

Halloween (1)

Carlito's Way

Behind the Green Door

Song of the South

any cartoon with Minions ...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/24/2021 at 9:13 PM, PhilipIV said:

Have you ever seen 'the great escape'? 

 

'white Christmas'?

Yes to both. Crosby and Astaire make "Holiday Inn" a much better movie than White Christmas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/25/2021 at 4:44 AM, whiteboy said:

The Cowboys

Dirt Harry

The Hustler

Bullitt

Taxi Driver

The Departed

Open Range

Unforgiven

Enter the Dragon

Duel

John Wick (1)

Training Day

Platoon

Star Wars (1)

Jaws (1)

Halloween (1)

Carlito's Way

Behind the Green Door

Song of the South

any cartoon with Minions ...

 

Those are all contemporary movies.........seen all of them, but "Bullitt" and "Duel" might be the most groundbreaking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

The Godfather I & II (skip III)

To Kill A Mockingbird

Hitchcock:  Rear Window, To Catch a Thief, North by Northwest, etc.

The Sting

Jaws

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

French Kiss

Chinatown

Young Frankenstein

Mary Poppins (INCREDIBLE!)

Cabaret

Its a Wonderful LIfe and many Frank Capra flicks, e.g., Mr. Smith Goes to Washington 

Wizard of Oz

West Side Story

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

My Fair Lady

Lilies of the Field

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner

Bonnie & Clyde

M*A*S*H

 

All of these are great movies --- at least 30 years old - most 50 or more.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...