personreal

Google Whistleblower Sends Documents to DOJ Anti-Trust Division Under AG Barr

10 minutes ago, splunch said:

Another hero of Liberal democracy comes forward against monopolies, cartels, corruption.

You do know there's a difference between "liberal" and "leftist"...right?

Did you watch the video?

1 hour ago, personreal said:

Remember how concerned the left was with Russian interference? 

Not word one from them about what Google has been doing.

Left = Fake

Every decent freedom-loving American or citizen of the world should be absolutely and completely terrified of the power that has been seized by corporations like Google Twitter and Facebook. And while I am for small government government does have a role to play in situations like this. They need to go in and clean house to protect the American public and our constitutional republic.

1 hour ago, Giujo said:

Every decent freedom-loving American or citizen of the world should be absolutely and completely terrified of the power that has been seized by corporations like Google Twitter and Facebook. And while I am for small government government does have a role to play in situations like this. They need to go in and clean house to protect the American public and our constitutional republic.

What if Joe Conservative develops a search engine - FUSE -  that is so good and so sophisticated that it destroys google in the matter of months.  Joe launches FUSE, owns it individually with no other investors, and FUSE quickly becomes the only search engine worth using - yes, it's that good.  Because of secret proprietary technology, even the Chinese can't make a useful copy of FUSE.  

Then, 10 years from now, Joe decides to modify FUSE to favor Conservative information and disregard anything Democrat or Liberal.  Do you think the government should have the right to force Joe to change his search engine the way the government wants it?

1 minute ago, Skans said:

What if Joe Conservative develops a search engine - FUSE -  that is so good and so sophisticated that it destroys google in the matter of months.  Joe launches FUSE, owns it individually with no other investors, and FUSE quickly becomes the only search engine worth using - it's that good.  Because of secret proprietary technology, even the Chinese can't make a useful copy of FUSE.  

Then, 10 years from now, Joe decides to modify FUSE to favor Conservative information and disregard anything Democrat or Liberal.  Do you think the government should have the right to force Joe to change his search engine the way the government wants it?

Alphabet controls a hell of a lot more than just a search engine.  Joe's standalone search engine would simply become quickly obsolete under the weight of its own stupidity if Joe made that decision.  The problem is, if Joe's search engine is actually also maps, traffic, news, advertising, social media, big data, lobbying, more social media, half the world's smartphones....  Now it's getting more difficult to get away from that search engine.

2 minutes ago, splunch said:

Alphabet controls a hell of a lot more than just a search engine.  Joe's standalone search engine would simply become quickly obsolete under the weight of its own stupidity if Joe made that decision.  The problem is, if Joe's search engine is actually also maps, traffic, news, advertising, social media, big data, lobbying, more social media, half the world's smartphones....  Now it's getting more difficult to get away from that search engine.

Let's say Joe's search engine is tied to everything Google is tied to, but it does things even better.  Still, it's owned by one guy.  Could be Joe Zuckerberg who decided to self fund this and keep it in his name.   Should he be subject to a government mandate or even a break-up of this privately held company?

2 hours ago, Skans said:

What if Joe Conservative develops a search engine - FUSE -  that is so good and so sophisticated that it destroys google in the matter of months.  Joe launches FUSE, owns it individually with no other investors, and FUSE quickly becomes the only search engine worth using - yes, it's that good.  Because of secret proprietary technology, even the Chinese can't make a useful copy of FUSE.  

This is not a matter of left or right this is a matter of right and wrong. Anyone... I mean anyone who threatens the sanctity of the American vote needs to be dealt with swiftly and severely.

4 hours ago, Giujo said:

The left doesn't care about this cause left wing tech benefits their party.  Funny how election interference goes away when it's left wing tech doing it.  🥺

7 minutes ago, Giujo said:

This is not a matter of left or right this is a matter of right and wrong. Anyone... I mean anyone who threatens the sanctity of the American vote needs to be dealt with swiftly and severely.

So, if I spend my talent and resources developing a tool which everybody loves to use, you are saying that GOVERNMENT has the right to squash me if I choose to have my tool favor one political party over another.  Man, I am not on board with that at all.