Sign in to follow this  
drvoke

Trump official revises Statue of Liberty poem to defend migrant rule change

1 minute ago, Imgreatagain said:

Do you not get what circling the drain means? 

I know what it means, I just don't know what you mean by saying it. They're not going away anytime soon.

Just now, JeanMoulin said:

I know what it means, I just don't know what you mean by saying it. They're not going away anytime soon.

Well , I’d prefer to help them out since they are citizens. 

6 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

Do you not get what circling the drain means? 

What would you do if I grabbed your pussy. A republican congressman seems to think its ok to rape you.  Can we just call it gods plan

1 minute ago, dontlooknow said:

What would you do if I grabbed your pussy. A republican congressman seems to think its ok to rape you.  Can we just call it gods plan

And then force you to have the baby. How about that. 

1 minute ago, Imgreatagain said:

Well , I’d prefer to help them out since they are citizens. 

Odd coming from someone who believes that with this great economy THE PIG has so generously given us, no citizen should require welfare. This country is great again. Or is it?

11 minutes ago, dontlooknow said:

I’m pretty sure that’s a figure of speech. I don’t think any man actually grabs a pusssy. There’s nothing to grab. 

12 minutes ago, JeanMoulin said:

Odd coming from someone who believes that with this great economy THE PIG has so generously given us, no citizen should require welfare. 

It's possible to simultaneously:

1. Want to help people in need
  2. Want people who are able to be self-sufficient, and
  3. Want our scarce social resources to be reserved for citizens first

You can grasp that, can't you, PIG?

4 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

I’m pretty sure that’s a figure of speech. I don’t think any man actually grabs a pusssy. There’s nothing to grab. 

HA! I've thought that often...

Besides, that was all locker room garbage that Trump was goaded into saying by a slimy punk who was paid to entrap him. He never assaulted anyone. It's meaningless blither-blather like everything else the left tries to throw at him.

3 minutes ago, RollingRock said:

This is a revolting chapter in our nation's history.  Absolutely disgusting.

For sure. The republicans are crazy. 

1 minute ago, RollingRock said:

This is a revolting chapter in our nation's history. 

What, requiring that people bring something to the table besides a hungry mouth and no resources? You're right.

We're stocked full to the brim with poor people, we don't need any more.

Doctors, scientists, engineers who want to assimilate into American culture? WELCOME ABOARD!

12 hours ago, drvoke said:

Image result for statue of liberty poem

The head of Citizenship and Immigration Services tweaked the passage: "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free".

The official added the words "who can stand on their own two feet and who will not become a public charge".

He later said the poem had referred to "people coming from Europe".

The promise and the dream are dying.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-official-statue-of-liberty-poem-refers-to-europeans/ar-AAFLdLX?ocid=spartanntp

(Full article at above link)

WASHINGTON  — A top Trump administration official said Tuesday that the famous inscription on the Statue of Liberty welcoming immigrants into the country is about "people coming from Europe" and that America is looking to receive migrants "who can stand on their own two feet."

The comments from Ken Cuccinelli, the acting director of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, came a day after the Trump administration announced it would seek to deny green cards to migrants who seek Medicaid, food stamps, housing vouchers or other forms of public assistance. The move — and Cuccinelli's defense — prompted an outcry from Democrats and immigration advocates who said the policy would favor wealthier immigrants and disadvantage those from poorer countries in Latin America and Africa.

"This administration finally admitted what we've known all along: They think the Statue of Liberty only applies to white people," tweeted former Texas Rep. Beto O'Rourke, a Democratic presidential candidate.

The administration's proposed policy shift comes as President Donald Trump is leaning more heavily into the restrictive immigration policies that have energized his core supporters and were central to his 2016 victory. He has also spoken disparagingly about immigration from majority black and Hispanic countries, including calling Mexican immigrants rapists and criminals when he launched his 2016 campaign. Last year, he privately branded Central American and African nations as "craphole" countries and he suggested the U.S. take in more immigrants from European countries like predominantly white Norway.

Trump, asked Tuesday about Cuccinelli's comments on NPR, appeared to back him up.

"I don't think it's fair to have the American taxpayer paying for people to come into the United States," Trump told reporters before boarding Air Force One for Pennsylvania. "I think we're doing it right."

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, condemned Cuccinelli's comments."Our values are etched in stone on the Statue of Liberty. They will not be replaced," she tweeted. "And I will fight for those values and for our immigrant communities." 

This is what we need. 

Automation and and technology have made unskilled, uneducated labor worthless. 

We haven't needed an influx of unskilled labor in decades.

Sadly, we need more highly educated and skilled immigrants because Americans are too lazy to get the job skills and education necessary to become successful and self supporting. 

Personally, I think we should create a swap system. We’ll take your educated and skilled, hard working immigrant and give you 4 of our unskilled, uneducated lazies in return. They can keep the furniture in your basement warm. 

3 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

The first generation would have changed that surname. Ten letters is at least three over the limit for the 1890's.

Years ago, a friend in a little theater group I worked with was named Del Rio and said that he was 100% Finnish. I said "That is not a Finnish name" He said, "No, my grandfather's name was too hard to pronounce, and the quota for Finns had run out, so they made him Portuguese." I said, "Del Rio is not Portuguese, that would be Rius in Portuguese". He said, "I didn;t say the immigration agent was smart."

Sometimes immigration officers assigned names. I once saw an old b&w photo of a Japanese immigrant. His name was Sneeze Achoo. I kid you not. (I looked for it on Google images. I can't believe it hasn't been uploaded yet. I want to say I saw it at the Pro Football Hall of Fame, but my memory is for sh*t.)

4 hours ago, RollingRock said:

This is a revolting chapter in our nation's history.  Absolutely disgusting.

Yes it is.   They tried to oust a duly elected president because they lost an election they thought was a sure thing.   Idiots screaming racist 24/7, idiots thinking Russia stole their election. 

We are living in a revolting chapter for sure.  

12 hours ago, RollingRock said:

Disgusting, un-American move.  

Nope. Needed, PRO-American move.

10 hours ago, JeanMoulin said:

Change it to send us your white people with money. 

Might as well. It would be equally unbinding, unConstitutional, and meaningless.

On 8/14/2019 at 5:51 AM, drvoke said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-official-statue-of-liberty-poem-refers-to-europeans/ar-AAFLdLX?ocid=spartanntp

WASHINGTON  — "The administration's proposed policy shift comes as Donald Trump is leaning more heavily into the restrictive immigration policies that have energized his core supporters and were central to his 2016 victory. He has also spoken disparagingly about immigration from majority black and Hispanic countries, including calling Mexican immigrants rapists and criminals when he launched his 2016 campaign. Last year, he privately branded Central American and African nations as "craphole" countries and he suggested the U.S. take in more immigrants from European countries like predominantly white Norway."

5d514c53498e1dc3eb82a67f-1565609283841?w

Suspect In Norway Mosque Attack Smirks In Court Appearance

August 12, 2019

"A Norwegian man suspected of killing his stepsister and then storming an Oslo mosque with a gun appeared in court with a smirk on his bruised face as evidence grew that he sought to emulate attacks by white supremacists in the U.S. and New Zealand."

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free"....I've got a farm they will work on to help pay the rent I'm going to charge them for staying on my farm. 

Joe Biden.