Sign in to follow this  
drvoke

Trump official revises Statue of Liberty poem to defend migrant rule change

Image result for statue of liberty poem

The head of Citizenship and Immigration Services tweaked the passage: "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free".

The official added the words "who can stand on their own two feet and who will not become a public charge".

He later said the poem had referred to "people coming from Europe".

The promise and the dream are dying.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-official-statue-of-liberty-poem-refers-to-europeans/ar-AAFLdLX?ocid=spartanntp

(Full article at above link)

WASHINGTON  — A top Trump administration official said Tuesday that the famous inscription on the Statue of Liberty welcoming immigrants into the country is about "people coming from Europe" and that America is looking to receive migrants "who can stand on their own two feet."

The comments from Ken Cuccinelli, the acting director of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, came a day after the Trump administration announced it would seek to deny green cards to migrants who seek Medicaid, food stamps, housing vouchers or other forms of public assistance. The move — and Cuccinelli's defense — prompted an outcry from Democrats and immigration advocates who said the policy would favor wealthier immigrants and disadvantage those from poorer countries in Latin America and Africa.

"This administration finally admitted what we've known all along: They think the Statue of Liberty only applies to white people," tweeted former Texas Rep. Beto O'Rourke, a Democratic presidential candidate.

The administration's proposed policy shift comes as President Donald Trump is leaning more heavily into the restrictive immigration policies that have energized his core supporters and were central to his 2016 victory. He has also spoken disparagingly about immigration from majority black and Hispanic countries, including calling Mexican immigrants rapists and criminals when he launched his 2016 campaign. Last year, he privately branded Central American and African nations as "craphole" countries and he suggested the U.S. take in more immigrants from European countries like predominantly white Norway.

Trump, asked Tuesday about Cuccinelli's comments on NPR, appeared to back him up.

"I don't think it's fair to have the American taxpayer paying for people to come into the United States," Trump told reporters before boarding Air Force One for Pennsylvania. "I think we're doing it right."

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, condemned Cuccinelli's comments."Our values are etched in stone on the Statue of Liberty. They will not be replaced," she tweeted. "And I will fight for those values and for our immigrant communities." 

11 minutes ago, drvoke said:

The head of Citizenship and Immigration Services tweaked the passage: "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free".

The official added the words "who can stand on their own two feet and who will not become a public charge".

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-official-statue-of-liberty-poem-refers-to-europeans/ar-AAFLdLX?ocid=spartanntp

WASHINGTON  — A top Trump administration official said Tuesday that the famous inscription on the Statue of Liberty welcoming immigrants into the country is about "people coming from Europe" and that America is looking to receive migrants "who can stand on their own two feet."

The comments from Ken Cuccinelli, the acting director of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, came a day after the Trump administration announced it would seek to deny green cards to migrants who seek Medicaid, food stamps, housing vouchers or other forms of public assistance. The move — and Cuccinelli's defense — prompted an outcry from Democrats and immigration advocates who said the policy would favor wealthier immigrants and disadvantage those from poorer countries in Latin America and Africa.

"This administration finally admitted what we've known all along: They think the Statue of Liberty only applies to white people," tweeted former Texas Rep. Beto O'Rourke, a Democratic presidential candidate.

The administration's proposed policy shift comes as President Donald Trump is leaning more heavily into the restrictive immigration policies that have energized his core supporters and were central to his 2016 victory. He has also spoken disparagingly about immigration from majority black and Hispanic countries, including calling Mexican immigrants rapists and criminals when he launched his 2016 campaign. Last year, he privately branded Central American and African nations as "craphole" countries and he suggested the U.S. take in more immigrants from European countries like predominantly white Norway.

Trump, asked Tuesday about Cuccinelli's comments on NPR, appeared to back him up.

"I don't think it's fair to have the American taxpayer paying for people to come into the United States," Trump told reporters before boarding Air Force One for Pennsylvania. "I think we're doing it right."

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, condemned Cuccinelli's comments."Our values are etched in stone on the Statue of Liberty. They will not be replaced," she tweeted. "And I will fight for those values and for our immigrant communities." 

poems dont set immigration policy dumb ass....

Voke,

This is our ranch.

Not somebody else's ranch.  The cattle that we raise on this ranch belong to our children.

Not to every lazy bastrd from sh/holes nations from around the world.

Now, if you Dem-boys seek to be kind to your fellow man, then I suggest you guys start

a charity and donate just as must as you wish.  But leave the taxpayer money alone.

We are 23 trillion in debt.  We cannot afford to support the "sick, lame, and lazy" from all over the world.       😎

8 hours ago, bigsky said:

poems dont set immigration policy dumb ass....

This is true, and so it does not make any bloody sense for some Trumpuppet to come up with a rewrite of the poem.

8 hours ago, drvoke said:

Trump official revises Statue of Liberty poem to defend migrant rule change

i.e.

"I GOT MINE....AND, I LIKE THINGS

JUST-THE-WAY-THEY-ARE!!

SCREW EVERYONE-ELSE....WITH TAX-CUTS!!!!!"

conservative:

: believing in the value of established and traditional practices in politics and society

: not liking or accepting changes or new ideas

16 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

This is true, and so it does not make any bloody sense for some Trumpuppet to come up with a rewrite of the poem.

It also means nothing when they do.

8 hours ago, drvoke said:

And when those poor tired huddled masses came here they were expected to work and contribute to society Not get on the public assistance tit payed for by Tax Payers.

Funny how the left always throws the wonderful things Other countries have or do but fail to recognize almost All other countries expect people that come there be able to support themselves and learn the language.

11 minutes ago, drvoke said:

That pos Cuccinelli is probably second generation off the boat.

The first generation would have changed that surname. Ten letters is at least three over the limit for the 1890's.

Years ago, a friend in a little theater group I worked with was named Del Rio and said that he was 100% Finnish. I said "That is not a Finnish name" He said, "No, my grandfather's name was too hard to pronounce, and the quota for Finns had run out, so they made him Portuguese." I said, "Del Rio is not Portuguese, that would be Rius in Portuguese". He said, "I didn;t say the immigration agent was smart."

3 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

It also means nothing when they do.

This is a typical non-news announcement.

4 minutes ago, Hankk said:

And when those poor tired huddled masses came here they were expected to work and contribute to society Not get on the public assistance tit payed for by Tax Payers.

Funny how the left always throws the wonderful things Other countries have or do but fail to recognize almost All other countries expect people that come there be able to support themselves and learn the language.

I agree with this.

7 hours ago, Taipan said:

g038.jpg

Voke,

This is our ranch.

Not somebody else's ranch.  The cattle that we raise on this ranch belong to our children.

tenor.gif

"Really convincing, there!"

9 minutes ago, Hankk said:

why-do-republicans-believe-everything-th

9 hours ago, drvoke said:

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free"

Blither-blather written by a nobody bleeding heart libtard, means nothing, isn't in the Constitution, isn't in the founding documents, isn't in the Bill or Rights, isn't written in ANY law anywhere.

Totally meaningless blither-blather, and another PATHETIC "nothing-burger" threadfail by Dr. Joke!

NEXT! :lol:

9 hours ago, drvoke said:

America's Full.

We only  want people who can add to  our society.    No more leaches.

1 hour ago, EltonJohnson said:

America's Full.

We only  want people who can add to  our society.    No more leaches.

What are we going to do with all the white trash rednecks on welfare?

48 minutes ago, JeanMoulin said:

They are citizens.

55 minutes ago, JeanMoulin said:

They are circling the drain . 

2 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

They are circling the drain . 

How so? Have they somehow become self sufficient? Cooking Meth? Have they stopped having little toe head children?

1 minute ago, JeanMoulin said:

How so? Have they somehow become self sufficient? Cooking Meth? Have they stopped having little toe head children?

Do you not get what circling the drain means?