Jump to content
personreal

Which Party Dropped the A-Bomb...Twice on Innocent Citizens

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, JeanMoulin said:

 In Truman's time republicans were the party of Lincoln. Now they are the cult of THE PIG. I don't think at that time it would have mattered what party the CIC was. The bombs would have been used.

JEAN THE PIG! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good things the Republicans were not in charge during WWII or we'd probably have surrendered.

 

Try to imagine President Bone-spurs as Commander in Chief. 

 

Scary.

 

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

Actually, It was Harry S Truman, A Republican who dropped the bombs. He become Democratic after becoming the VP elect.  

 

You're either a LIAR or and IDIOT, TBGS.  

 

Truman was a DemocRAT long before he became the VP elect.

 

https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/minute/Harry_S_Truman.htm  "In January 1935, in the company of an all-Democratic class of freshmen, he took his oath for the first time as a United States senator from Missouri."    

 

http://bioguide.congress.gov/scripts/biodisplay.pl?index=T000387 "elected as a Democrat to the United States Senate in 1934"

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_S._Truman#U.S._Senator_from_Missouri "Pendergast reluctantly backed him as the machine's fifth choice in the 1934 Democratic primary for the U.S. Senate.[76] In the primary, Truman defeated Congressmen John J. Cochran and Jacob L. Milligan with the solid support of Jackson County, which was crucial to his candidacy. Also critical were the contacts he had made statewide in his capacity as a county official, member of the Masons, military reservist, and member of the American Legion.[77] In the general election, Truman defeated incumbent Republican Roscoe C. Patterson by nearly 20 percentage points in a continuing wave of pro-New Deal Democrats elected following the Great Depression."

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All of Europe would be NAZI and all of Asia under the fascist Japanese if the feckless Republican isolationist cowards had been in the White House. 

 

Thank goodness for FDR and Truman and our brave men and women in uniform. American heroes!

 

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, personreal said:

The same party that founded the KKK.

 

DEMOCRATS!

 

6 hours ago, bigsky said:

actually it was really bright bombs they dropped....and that is why the japs have squinty eyes.

 

3 hours ago, personreal said:

BINGO!

^^^ full retard^^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, personreal said:

The same party that founded the KKK.

 

DEMOCRATS!

HUGE mistake, and shameful...we should have nuked the Republican Party, instead, and just cut a deal with the Japanese

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

He started out as a Republican but switched parties.  So there you go.  :D

Dang. This reminds me of a President who was a lifetime Dem, and then switched to fool the rubes.....the name escapes me at the moment......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SpyCar said:

All of Europe would be NAZI and all of Asia under the fascist Japanese if the feckless Republican isolationist cowards had been in the White House. 

 

Thank goodness for FDR

 

First of all, many Republicans did join FDR in fighting isolationism in the US when the Nazis became a threat.   Just as many DemocRATS supported isolationism at the time.   Remember, in 1940 a Gallop poll of important US writers found that over 90% supported isolationism.   The sentiment was widespread, even amongst DemocRATS.   It was Pearl Harbor that changed things, and then most Republicans supported the effort to oppose Hitler and Japan.   The Republican Party abandoned its isolationist agenda. The Republican candidate for president in 1940, Wendell Willkie, was an internationalist, as was Thomas Dewey, who ran unsuccessfully against the DemocRATS in 1944 and 1948. Both were opposed to isolationism and believed in defending freedom alongside our allies.  So even if FDR hadn't been President, the US would still have entered WW2 when it did.   Also, keep in minds FDRs other agenda.   Fabian socialists like him didn't want to see competition from other totalitarian regimes arise.   They had plans of their own ... B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, personreal said:

The same party that founded the KKK.

 

DEMOCRATS!

Damn....They fought to keep slavery.

 

They fought the cvil rights movement.

 

No wonder democrats are so self loathing and calling EVERYONE ELSE a racist. 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DeepBreath said:

Damn....They fought to keep slavery.

 

They fought the cvil rights movement.

 

No wonder democrats are so self loathing and calling EVERYONE ELSE a racist. 🤣

They are projecting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DeepBreath said:

Damn....They fought to keep slavery.

 

They fought the cvil rights movement.

 

No wonder democrats are so self loathing and calling EVERYONE ELSE a racist. 🤣

 

 

How any black or  Jew could ever be  Democrat is one the  world's great mysteries

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

 

 

Projection,  lying,  lack of shame , denial...     it's all part of a mental  disorder

Yep...sad kind of people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, personreal said:

Which Party Dropped the A-Bomb...Twice on Innocent Citizens

It was the last great decision made by a Democrat President. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Skans said:

It was the last great decision made by a Democrat President. 

If memory serves...the Japanese were ready to surrender before the bombs were dropped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, personreal said:

If memory serves...the Japanese were ready to surrender before the bombs were dropped.

 

You are profoundly ignorant. That's not the case. Estimates of a US invasion of Japan were that one million people would die.

 

Get an education, Trumpist.

 

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, personreal said:

If memory serves...the Japanese were ready to surrender before the bombs were dropped.

They were still fighting the US hard as ever.  Let's not forget, they attacked us first.  The wrath we unleashed on Japan was completely justified.  When a country goes to war with us, I am not one to believe that their citizens are "off limits" from retaliation.  War needs to be ugly, and those two nukes produced some very ugly results. 

 

If Russia was behind a significant attack on American soil, I would want our military to annihilate Moscow and St. Petersburg - every last man, woman, child and Russian dog. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BeAChooser said:

 

First of all, many Republicans did join FDR in fighting isolationism in the US when the Nazis became a threat.   Just as many DemocRATS supported isolationism at the time.   Remember, in 1940 a Gallop poll of important US writers found that over 90% supported isolationism.   The sentiment was widespread, even amongst DemocRATS.   It was Pearl Harbor that changed things, and then most Republicans supported the effort to oppose Hitler and Japan.   The Republican Party abandoned its isolationist agenda. The Republican candidate for president in 1940, Wendell Willkie, was an internationalist, as was Thomas Dewey, who ran unsuccessfully against the DemocRATS in 1944 and 1948. Both were opposed to isolationism and believed in defending freedom alongside our allies.  So even if FDR hadn't been President, the US would still have entered WW2 when it did.   Also, keep in minds FDRs other agenda.   Fabian socialists like him didn't want to see competition from other totalitarian regimes arise.   They had plans of their own ... B)

 

Most of the Republican party consisted of Hitler-appeasing isolationists.

 

Why do you lie?

 

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

He started out as a Republican but switched parties.  So there you go.  :D

 

Really, then why did the KC Democratic machine led by Tom Pendergast help him get elected County Court judge in 1922 (his first elected office) which he lost in 1924 due to a Republican wave led by Calvin Coolidge.  Pendergast helped him get elected to a judgeship in 1926 and re-elected in 1930.  In 1934 Pendergast and the Democrat machine put him up for U.S. Senate (which is how be became know as "the Senator from Pendergast").  He was re-elected in 1940 as a Democrat (with the help of St. Louis party leader Robert Hannegan).  Next step was VP (selected in 1944).

 

Exactly where in that political resume does it say he was a Republican?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

 

You are profoundly ignorant. That's not the case. Estimates of a US invasion of Japan were that one million people would die.

 

Get an education, Trumpist.

 

Bill

Dear Mr. Tunnel Vision...I didn't base my comment on my own opinion or knowledge.

 

There are multiple schools of thought...neither you nor I know for certain.  We were not the fly on the wall.

 

"Debate over the Japanese Surrender"

 

"With the shakiness of the evidence available, it is impossible to say for certain what caused the Japanese surrender. It is also impossible to prove counterfactuals about what would have happened if events had transpired otherwise. The schools of thought outlined here have coalesced around certain, oppositional interpretations of events. But the truth may lie somewhere in the middle. A new school, sometimes referred to as the “consensus school,” has sought to reconcile parts of the traditionalist and revisionist perspectives, both about the motivation behind the bombing and the reasons for surrender. Even Hasegawa, a fervent opponent of the traditional narrative, has admitted that the Soviet invasion did not deliver a “knockout punch” that lead to immediate surrender. It seems like there is no easy answer to the questions surrounding surrender, and historians will continue to debate the issue."

 

https://www.atomicheritage.org/history/debate-over-japanese-surrender

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, personreal said:

If memory serves...the Japanese were ready to surrender before the bombs were dropped.

Your memory does not serve. Japan rejected the Potsdam ultimatum, and was fully prepared to fight to the end, even to the point of planning to kidnap their Emperor to prevent surrender. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...