Sign in to follow this  
leftwinger

Evangelicals aren’t turned off by Trump’s first term — they’re delighted by it

In the years since, he’s watched as the president restricted abortion access, rolled back gay rights and tried to reduce both legal and illegal immigration. He’s listened as Trump has made racist statements and been accused of rape.

He has reached the same conclusion as so many evangelicals across the country: In 2020, he’ll support the president. This time, it won’t be a hard choice.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/evangelicals-arent-turned-off-by-trumps-first-term--theyre-delighted-by-it/2019/08/11/3911bc88-a990-11e9-a3a6-ab670962db05_story.html

Liberals simply cannot wrap their minds around the notion that the overwhelming majority of Evangelicals and most Christian conservatives (there is a difference) don't look to the President to be their spiritual compass.  For them, politics and the person are separate issues.  Personally, I don't need ANY elected official to lead an exemplary life according to my religious beliefs.  That is not their job.  Their job is to do everything possible to enact the things they promoted during their campaign, because that is why I vote for them.  I understand they won't get everything accomplished.  Hell, they may only get a small percentage accomplished.  But it's like the answer to the question; How do you eat a hippopotamus?  One bite at a time.

Just now, BatteryPowered said:

Liberals seemingly cannot wrap their minds around the notion that the overwhelming majority of Evangelicals and most Christian conservatives (there is a difference) don't look to the President to be their spiritual compass.  For them, politics and the person are separate issues.  Personally, I don't need ANY elected official to lead an exemplary life according to my religious beliefs.  That is not their job.  Their job is to do everything possible to enact the things they promoted during their campaign, because that is why I vote for them.  I understand they won't get everything accomplished.  Hell, they may only get a small percentage accomplished.  But it's like the answer to the question; How do you eat a hippopotamus?  One bite at a time.

Why proclaim to be a Christian if it never affects your actions?

Just now, leftwinger said:

Liberals are "perfect".  And their sense of their own perfection is why they are Atheists.

Just now, Skans said:

Liberals are "perfect".  And their sense of their own perfection is why they are Atheists.

that made no sense

6 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

Who said it didn't affect MY actions?  I don't expect a politician to conduct themselves according to my religious beliefs....just like I don't expect it from my doctor, yard service, plumber, the young lady that cuts my hair, etc.  That is unreasonable.

Just now, leftwinger said:

that made no sense

I'm sure it made no sense to you.  In fact, I'm positive of that.

Just now, Skans said:

I'm sure it made no sense to you.  In fact, I'm positive of that.

You're inarticulate. That much we agree on.

1 minute ago, leftwinger said:

You're inarticulate. That much we agree on.

We do not agree on anything.  You are blinded by your own arrogance.

1 minute ago, Skans said:

We do not agree on anything.  You are blinded by your own arrogance.

You're just inarticulate.

Evangelicals are defined as people who seek to convert others to the version of the  Christian faith that they adhere to. And there are LOTS of different versions of Christianity. So it is illogical to say that ALL Evangelicals like Trump. There are sure to be some that find his infidelity, his past affirmations that he is an atheist, his belief that celebrities can and should grab any pussy that they wish, and to bilk future houseflippers with a phony "university" distasteful enough to not vote for him.

In America today, the most evangelical of evangelicals- those that seek to win clients  with the greatest desire are probably not considered evangelicals: the Mormons and the Jehovah's Witlesses. The latter do not vote as a rule: it is against their religion.

1 minute ago, leftwinger said:

You're just inarticulate.

No, I just don't believe in "spoon-feeding" adults.   If you do not understand what I wrote, then there is a good reason for that. 

3 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Evangelicals are defined as people who seek to convert others to the version of the  Christian faith that they adhere to. And there are LOTS of different versions of Christianity. So it is illogical to say that ALL Evangelicals like Trump. There are sure to be some that find his infidelity, his past affirmations that he is an atheist, his belief that celebrities can and should grab any pussy that they wish, and to bilk future houseflippers with a phony "university" distasteful enough to not vote for him.

In America today, the most evangelical of evangelicals- those that seek to win clients  with the greatest desire are probably not considered evangelicals: the Mormons and the Jehovah's Witlesses. The latter do not vote as a rule: it is against their religion.

AH^^^^^^^

1 minute ago, Skans said:

No, I just don't believe in "spoon-feeding" adults.   If you do not understand what I wrote, then there is a good reason for that. 

Because you're a dope. And you have nothing to say. 

4 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

So it is illogical to say that ALL Evangelicals like Trump.

Which is why it was not said.

Most definitely do. Most are aware of Trump's past. Most have a past of their own.

Thing is, policy-wise, Trump has been the best POTUS we Christians have seen in their lifetimes, bar none.

1 minute ago, superds77 said:

Most definitely do. Most are aware of Trump's past. Most have a past of their own.

Thing is, policy-wise, Trump has been the best POTUS we Christians have seen in their lifetimes, bar none.

What part of Jesus' teaching is Trump fulfilling?

16 minutes ago, Skans said:

I get exactly what you are saying skans.

Liberal atheists love to play the "hypocrite card" against professing Christians, as if that means we are perfect people. I love it when atheists try to decide who is and who is not a Christian.

1 minute ago, superds77 said:

donald_trump-1-860x280.jpg

istock_000005880712_small.jpg

51+eZxVQLiL._SX425_.jpg

Immoral Majority

August 8, 2019

"Sixty-eight percent of white evangelical Protestants said the country has no responsibility for refugees. No other demographic group came within 10 points of that result."

November 3, 2016

6 minutes ago, superds77 said:

I get exactly what you are saying skans.

Liberal atheists love to play the "hypocrite card" against professing Christians, as if that means we are perfect people. I love it when atheists try to decide who is and who is not a Christian.

Nothing you said is about the topic. You should try reading the original post before opining.

9 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

What part of Jesus' teaching is Trump fulfilling?

That's not his job.  Why is that so hard for liberals to understand?

12 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Good! We found another group of religious wackos we can crap on!

I used to see a cute JW girl when I was younger! She went all wacko and even thought her parents were evil!

She ran off with some JW scrounge to Wyoming! CULT INDOCTRINATION!

Just now, BatteryPowered said:

That's not his job.  Why is that so hard for liberals to understand?

Huh? You do realize the topic is evangelicals.

2 minutes ago, Phoenix68 said:
On 8/21/2018 at 10:43 AM, Scout said:

TMW2018-08-22color.png?1534022741

Peenix, no one is asking the government to make PP illegal, just that taxpayers should not have to pay for it.

Secondly, women can get cheap contraceptives many places other than PP. There is almost nobody who wants to limit ACCESS to contraceptives, we just dont want to pay for it.