Jump to content
drvoke

El Paso Shooting Victims Declined to Meet Donald Trump During His Hospital Visit

Recommended Posts

 

Image result for El Paso Shooting Victims Declined to Meet Donald Trump During His Hospital Visit

 

 

That had to sting. It is difficult to tell who is really to blame, but the media sure does ramp up the emotion.

 

 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/el-paso-shooting-victims-declined-to-meet-donald-trump-during-his-hospital-visit-reports/ar-AAFx93e?ocid=spartanntp

(Full article at above link)

 

 

President Donald Trump was not exactly welcomed with open arms this week in El Paso, Texas, where his attempts to meet with injured victims of the mass shooting that killed 22 people were turned down, according to multiple news reports.

The exact number of recovering victims who declined to meet with the president is unclear. Many did not meet with Trump.

  “I wish Trump wouldn’t have needed to come. I think he just came to do a circus,” Saul Chavez told KDBC. “He was the one who brewed up all of this hatred against Mexicans. I guess he forgot what he said.”

Relatives of a father and daughter who were injured, with the father still in the hospital,  didn’t want him there either.

“The whole family said if he wants to go into the room, no. We don’t want him in the patient’s room. And we respect all of our families opinion,” relative Leticia Mariscal said. “Because of the way he talked against Mexicans, against Hispanics so we don’t want to a person that are against our Mexicans.”

 The backlash to Trump’s visit followed earlier criticism that his history of inflammatory and sometimes racist rhetoric — including warning of an “invasion” of immigrants — at the least echoes if not emboldens violent white supremacists.

The suspected gunman in the El Paso shooting, a 21-year-old man, is believed to have written a hate-filled manifesto with white nationalist themes.

His decision to schedule a visit to El Paso as it continued to reel from the tragic events of the weekend was met with opposition from Texas Democrats.

Beto O’Rourke, an El Paso native and 2020 Democratic presidential candidate, tweeted that he did not want the president to come to the city.

“This president, who helped create the hatred that made Saturday’s tragedy possible, should not come to El Paso. We do not need more division,” O’Rourke wrote. “We need to heal. He has no place here.”

In response, Trump said the former congressman “should respect the victims & law enforcement — & be quiet!”

 One victim said “My message would’ve been that he needs to understand that his words are powerful and have consequences. Using racist language to describe Mexicans, immigrants and other minorities dehumanize us,” she wrote on Twitter. “Those words inflame others.”

She wrote that she “refused to join without a dialogue about the pain his racist and hateful words & actions have caused our community and country.”

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, drvoke said:

 One victim said “My message would’ve been that he needs to understand that his words are powerful and have consequences. Using racist language to describe Mexicans, immigrants and other minorities dehumanize us,” she wrote on Twitter. “Those words inflame others.” 

In spades

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

 

 

Look at all the happy people...

 

pleased that Pres Trump and FL Melania came to visit Dayton and El Paso

 

Even the black folks were excited.   Trump beginning the healing....

 

Image result for trump dayton hospital

 

 

Image result for trump dayton hospital

 

 

Image result for trump dayton hospital

 

Image result for trump dayton hospital

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

400 showed to protest Trump in Dayton

 

Pop is 150,000

 

That's less than 1% of the population

 

Sad bitter lost little group

 

 

LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, drvoke said:

 

Image result for El Paso Shooting Victims Declined to Meet Donald Trump During His Hospital Visit

 

 

That had to sting. It is difficult to tell who is really to blame, but the media sure does ramp up the emotion.

 

 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/el-paso-shooting-victims-declined-to-meet-donald-trump-during-his-hospital-visit-reports/ar-AAFx93e?ocid=spartanntp

(Full article at above link)

 

 

President Donald Trump was not exactly welcomed with open arms this week in El Paso, Texas, where his attempts to meet with injured victims of the mass shooting that killed 22 people were turned down, according to multiple news reports.

The exact number of recovering victims who declined to meet with the president is unclear. Many did not meet with Trump.

  “I wish Trump wouldn’t have needed to come. I think he just came to do a circus,” Saul Chavez told KDBC. “He was the one who brewed up all of this hatred against Mexicans. I guess he forgot what he said.”

Relatives of a father and daughter who were injured, with the father still in the hospital,  didn’t want him there either.

“The whole family said if he wants to go into the room, no. We don’t want him in the patient’s room. And we respect all of our families opinion,” relative Leticia Mariscal said. “Because of the way he talked against Mexicans, against Hispanics so we don’t want to a person that are against our Mexicans.”

 The backlash to Trump’s visit followed earlier criticism that his history of inflammatory and sometimes racist rhetoric — including warning of an “invasion” of immigrants — at the least echoes if not emboldens violent white supremacists.

The suspected gunman in the El Paso shooting, a 21-year-old man, is believed to have written a hate-filled manifesto with white nationalist themes.

His decision to schedule a visit to El Paso as it continued to reel from the tragic events of the weekend was met with opposition from Texas Democrats.

Beto O’Rourke, an El Paso native and 2020 Democratic presidential candidate, tweeted that he did not want the president to come to the city.

“This president, who helped create the hatred that made Saturday’s tragedy possible, should not come to El Paso. We do not need more division,” O’Rourke wrote. “We need to heal. He has no place here.”

In response, Trump said the former congressman “should respect the victims & law enforcement — & be quiet!”

 One victim said “My message would’ve been that he needs to understand that his words are powerful and have consequences. Using racist language to describe Mexicans, immigrants and other minorities dehumanize us,” she wrote on Twitter. “Those words inflame others.”

She wrote that she “refused to join without a dialogue about the pain his racist and hateful words & actions have caused our community and country.”

 

 

You don't suppose it was political do you?

 

Why would someone decline to see a president?  

 

Careful with yer answer.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, personreal said:

You don't suppose it was political do you?

In this case, it's more about morality and respect for fellow human beings (of which Trump has none).  

 

Quote

Why would someone decline to see a president?  

When they're a lying, racist, narcissistic, corrupt, hateful pile of crap.  

 

Quote

Careful with yer answer.  ;)

I always pick my words carefully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RollingRock said:

In this case, it's more about morality and respect for your human beings (of which Trump has none).  

 

When they're a lying, racist, narcissistic, corrupt, hateful pile of crap.  

 

I always pick my words carefully.

Maybe you should pick yer tampons caefully.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RollingRock said:

In this case, it's more about morality and respect for your human beings (of which Trump has none).  

 

When they're a lying, racist, narcissistic, corrupt, hateful pile of crap.  

 

I always pick my words carefully.

 

You are leftwingers BITCH.....an obedient BITCH

Image result for crawling porn gif

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, personreal said:

Maybe you should pick yer tampons caefully.  ;)

HeShe cant find any big enough for that furious flow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CrimeaRiver said:

HeShe cant find any big enough for that furious flow

LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, RollingRock said:

 

 

I always pick my words carefully.

In other words he loves Lies.

 

LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CrimeaRiver said:

 

 

 

 

 

Look at all the happy people...

 

pleased that Pres Trump and FL Melania came to visit Dayton and El Paso

 

Even the black folks were excited.   Trump beginning the healing....

 

Image result for trump dayton hospital

 

 

Image result for trump dayton hospital

 

 

Image result for trump dayton hospital

 

Image result for trump dayton hospital

This is NOT what the leftist media wanted to portray. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DeepBreath said:

This is NOT what the leftist media wanted to portray. 

because that was not what happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, personreal said:

Why would someone decline to see a president?  

 

I would decline to see him because I think he is a fraud and a fake and the antithesis of everything I was raised to think about the president of the united states.  I've met several presidents - even a republican - and I have had a degree of admiration, albeit minimum in one case, for all of them.... I literally would not piss on the clown if he were on fire.  I truthfully pray to Jesus Christ ever single night for the clown to spontaneously self combust.  He is nothing less than an agent of Satan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, maineman said:

I would decline to see him because I think he is a fraud and a fake and the antithesis of everything I was raised to think about the president of the united states.  I've met several presidents - even a republican - and I have had a degree of admiration, albeit minimum in one case, for all of them.... I literally would not piss on the clown if he were on fire.  I truthfully pray to Jesus Christ ever single night for the clown to spontaneously self combust.  He is nothing less than an agent of Satan.

 "I think"

 

I think yer a big baby!

 

"I truthfully pray to Jesus Christ ever single night for the clown to spontaneously self combust.  He is nothing less than an agent of Satan."

 

Let everyone see what an emotional, big baby, maineman is!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maineman said:

because that was not what happened.

Sure it did. You're just used to getting only ONE side of the story because your activist media manipulates simple minds like yours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reality is that the shooter is crazy. Anyone that shoots people they do not even know is crazy. But the shooter decided to do his shooting in El Paso precisely because Trump badmouthed El Paso. El Paso/ Cd. Juárez is one city divided into two countries. I spent a summer there as a taxi dispatcher in El Paso, and living in an apartment in Juárez. It is a city made up mostly of Mexicans,  Mexican Americans, New Mexico Chicanos and Native Americans, and some Anglos, a few of which own most everything. Trump knows nothing about Hispanics, or Mexico or El Paso. Probably Obama and Juniorbush were also rather ignorant as well, but they had the good sense not to demonstrate their lack of knowledge. No president can know the entire country, but any good president respects the people of the entire country, and do not run around badmouthing cities and communities as Trump has done with Baltimore and El Paso.

 

If you were in that mall and were shot, you have good reason to assume that had Trump not badmouthed El Paso over and over in his stupid tweets, the murderous A hole would have shot up people somewhere closer to home. It is not difficult to locate large numbers of Latinos in Texas. They settled there first, they have been there since the 1500's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, DeepBreath said:

Sure it did. You're just used to getting only ONE side of the story because your activist media manipulates simple minds like yours. 

prove it, moron.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DeepBreath said:

I can prove it with every post you make. READ both sides. 

^^nonsensical bullshit.

 

from the king of nonsensical bullcrap.

 

Listen, shit for brains, I am the KING of reading both sides... I have literally read every single page of both the democratic and republican national platform every four years for the last twelve presidential elections.  Don't you even DARE talk to ME about reading both sides,  you pathetic partisan shit filled hack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MSNBC reporter stunned by Latino response to Trump visit to El Paso

Carlos Garcia
 
?url=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.rbl.ms%2F20550624%2F1200x600.jpg%3F1565311159&fo=webp&w=640

An MSNBC correspondent expressed his bewilderment at the response from an El Paso, Texas, resident to a visit from President Donald Trump in the wake of a horrible racially motivated attack.

Jacob Soboroff said that many residents were "surprisingly positive" on Wednesday during the visit from the president.

"Jacob, you've been in El Paso, talking to the community," said MSNBC anchor Ali Velshi. "What's the feeling there about the president's visit?"

 

"Well, Ali, given the way that the president has talked about Latinos, and Latinos make up the vast majority of the population of the city of El Paso, surprisingly positive is the way that people are responding here, in the wake of the shooting," Soboroff responded.

"I see calls for unity and a great spirit of togetherness," he added.

The account for the Trump 2020 campaign posted the video of the comments, but Soboroff objected to the editing of the video that cut out the last part of his report where he said El Paso residents were optimistic despite the president's statements.

"How about you guys show the rest of the clip instead of this out-of-context distortion?" responded Soboroff.

How about you guys show the rest of the clip instead of this out-of-context distortion? El Pasoans are positive *… https://t.co/zDQVMzoOvj

— Jacob Soboroff (@jacobsoboroff) 1565204805.0

"El Pasoans are positive *in spite of* Trump's visit, not because of it," he claimed.

Trump also visited the survivors of another lethal attack in Dayton, Ohio, earlier on Wednesday. He lashed out at Democratic politicians when they claimed that they pushed him to back new legislation to restrict gun rights.

Here's the full MSNBC segment:

.@jacobsoboroff reports from El Paso, TX, where he says the general sentiment is that "not only is it time to stand… https://t.co/9LpjBkGd2v

— MSNBC (@MSNBC) 15652190310

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Giujo said:

MSNBC reporter stunned by Latino response to Trump visit to El Paso

Carlos Garcia
 
?url=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.rbl.ms%2F20550624%2F1200x600.jpg%3F1565311159&fo=webp&w=640

An MSNBC correspondent expressed his bewilderment at the response from an El Paso, Texas, resident to a visit from President Donald Trump in the wake of a horrible racially motivated attack.

Jacob Soboroff said that many residents were "surprisingly positive" on Wednesday during the visit from the president.

"Jacob, you've been in El Paso, talking to the community," said MSNBC anchor Ali Velshi. "What's the feeling there about the president's visit?"

 

"Well, Ali, given the way that the president has talked about Latinos, and Latinos make up the vast majority of the population of the city of El Paso, surprisingly positive is the way that people are responding here, in the wake of the shooting," Soboroff responded.

"I see calls for unity and a great spirit of togetherness," he added.

The account for the Trump 2020 campaign posted the video of the comments, but Soboroff objected to the editing of the video that cut out the last part of his report where he said El Paso residents were optimistic despite the president's statements.

"How about you guys show the rest of the clip instead of this out-of-context distortion?" responded Soboroff.

How about you guys show the rest of the clip instead of this out-of-context distortion? El Pasoans are positive *… https://t.co/zDQVMzoOvj

— Jacob Soboroff (@jacobsoboroff) 1565204805.0

"El Pasoans are positive *in spite of* Trump's visit, not because of it," he claimed.

Trump also visited the survivors of another lethal attack in Dayton, Ohio, earlier on Wednesday. He lashed out at Democratic politicians when they claimed that they pushed him to back new legislation to restrict gun rights.

Here's the full MSNBC segment:

.@jacobsoboroff reports from El Paso, TX, where he says the general sentiment is that "not only is it time to stand… https://t.co/9LpjBkGd2v

— MSNBC (@MSNBC) 15652190310

Jacob Soboroff...  yeah... he sounds like a real bellwether for the latino community.... Angus McTavish.... Sven Svenson..... any other spokesmen from the latino community speaking up?. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...