Jump to content
drvoke

Obama calls on Americans to reject leaders who feed 'climate of fear and hatred'

Recommended Posts

 

 

Image result for Obama calls on Americans to reject leaders who feed 'climate of fear and hatred'

 

 

 

I wonder who President Obama is asking us to reject?

 

I am thankful that the former POTUS reminds us that we still have responsible leadership in this country.

 

 

 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/obama-calls-on-americans-to-reject-leaders-who-feed-climate-of-fear-and-hatred/ar-AAFnyfX?ocid=spartanntp

(Full article and the Obama Peace Manifesto at above link)

 

 

Former President Obama on Monday called for action in response to back-to-back mass shootings over the weekend and urged Americans to "soundly reject" leaders who feed "a climate of fear and hatred."

The former president issued a lengthy statement after more than 30 people were killed in mass shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio. He did not name any specific leaders, but his comments amounted to an implicit rebuke of President Trump.

“We should soundly reject language coming out of the mouths of any of our leaders that feeds a climate of fear and hatred and normalizes racist sentiments; leaders who demonize those who don't look like us, or suggest that other people, including immigrants, threaten our way of life, or refer to other people as sub-human, or imply that America belongs to just one certain type of people," Obama said in the statement.

He noted that the rhetoric is not new, but that it "has no place in our politics and our public life.”

“It’s time for the overwhelming majority of Americans of goodwill, of every race and faith and political party, to say as much — clearly and unequivocally," Obama said.

Obama urged law enforcement and internet platforms to limit the influence of hate groups, observing that the El Paso gunman followed a similar pattern to other mass shooters in that he "embraced racist ideologies" and may have been radicalized “by white nationalist websites that proliferate on the internet."

The former president also addressed the sense of apathy toward enacting stricter gun laws, arguing that the U.S. deals with more mass shootings than other developed nations and that some restrictions will at least limit the frequency of the massacres.

"We are not helpless here," Obama said. "And until all of us stand up and insist on holding public officials accountable for changing our gun laws, these tragedies will keep happening."

Obama weighed in as the death toll continued to rise in the El Paso shooting, in which a gunman opened fire Saturday afternoon at a Walmart. The suspected shooter allegedly wrote a racist, anti-immigrant manifesto that was published just before the attack that warned of a Latino “invasion.” Federal authorities are considering charging him with hate crimes.

Hours later, a gunman with a history of making violent threats killed nine people and injured more than 20 others in Dayton.

Trump delivered a prepared speech from the Diplomatic Room of the White House on Monday morning in which he called on the nation to condemn white supremacy and bigotry but did not lay out any proposals for stricter gun laws other than to reiterate support for "red flag" laws that would allow law enforcement to confiscate guns with a court order.

Instead, he focused his remarks on the need to confront mental illness and blamed video games and the darker corners of the internet for fostering violence.

Obama issued his statement hours later. The former president has largely refrained from commenting on Trump or his policies, speaking out occasionally on issues such as the withdrawal from the Iran nuclear deal and the travel ban.

In his final press conference before leaving office, Obama told reporters that he would feel compelled to speak out if he felt the country's "core values" were being threatened. He cited systemic discrimination, voter disenfranchisement and mass deportations of "Dreamers" as occurrences he may speak out about.

While Monday's statement did not mention Trump by name, Obama appeared to indirectly rebuke his successor's rhetoric toward immigrants.

Trump has repeatedly called the influx of migrants from Central America an “invasion.” He has also broadly labeled immigrants who illegally enter the U.S. as "thugs" who bring crime and disease. The Trump administration also enacted a zero-tolerance policy that led to the separation of hundreds of migrant families, a practice officially halted last year in the face of widespread public outcry.

On Monday, the president spoke for 10 minutes and denounced the shootings as “barbaric slaughters” and condemned the El Paso shooter as “consumed with racist hate.”

"The shooter in El Paso posted a manifesto online consumed by racist hate. In one voice, our nation must condemn racism, bigotry, and white supremacy," he said. "These sinister ideologies must be defeated. Hate has no place in America."

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, drvoke said:

I am thankful that the former POTUS reminds us that we still have responsible leadership in this country.

 

 

Obama  was the  worst President  in American  history.   He  is a fascist who used the  power of government to  harm  his  political   opponents

 

He used the  IRS, the  CIA,  The FBI and the  DOJ to  mess with his  opponents and  protect  his allies.

 

The worst ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, drvoke said:

 

 

Image result for Obama calls on Americans to reject leaders who feed 'climate of fear and hatred'

 

 

 

I wonder who President Obama is asking us to reject?

 

I am thankful that the former POTUS reminds us that we still have responsible leadership in this country.

 

 

 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/obama-calls-on-americans-to-reject-leaders-who-feed-climate-of-fear-and-hatred/ar-AAFnyfX?ocid=spartanntp

(Full article and the Obama Peace Manifesto at above link)

 

 

Former President Obama on Monday called for action in response to back-to-back mass shootings over the weekend and urged Americans to "soundly reject" leaders who feed "a climate of fear and hatred."

The former president issued a lengthy statement after more than 30 people were killed in mass shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio. He did not name any specific leaders, but his comments amounted to an implicit rebuke of President Trump.

“We should soundly reject language coming out of the mouths of any of our leaders that feeds a climate of fear and hatred and normalizes racist sentiments; leaders who demonize those who don't look like us, or suggest that other people, including immigrants, threaten our way of life, or refer to other people as sub-human, or imply that America belongs to just one certain type of people," Obama said in the statement.

He noted that the rhetoric is not new, but that it "has no place in our politics and our public life.”

“It’s time for the overwhelming majority of Americans of goodwill, of every race and faith and political party, to say as much — clearly and unequivocally," Obama said.

Obama urged law enforcement and internet platforms to limit the influence of hate groups, observing that the El Paso gunman followed a similar pattern to other mass shooters in that he "embraced racist ideologies" and may have been radicalized “by white nationalist websites that proliferate on the internet."

The former president also addressed the sense of apathy toward enacting stricter gun laws, arguing that the U.S. deals with more mass shootings than other developed nations and that some restrictions will at least limit the frequency of the massacres.

"We are not helpless here," Obama said. "And until all of us stand up and insist on holding public officials accountable for changing our gun laws, these tragedies will keep happening."

Obama weighed in as the death toll continued to rise in the El Paso shooting, in which a gunman opened fire Saturday afternoon at a Walmart. The suspected shooter allegedly wrote a racist, anti-immigrant manifesto that was published just before the attack that warned of a Latino “invasion.” Federal authorities are considering charging him with hate crimes.

Hours later, a gunman with a history of making violent threats killed nine people and injured more than 20 others in Dayton.

Trump delivered a prepared speech from the Diplomatic Room of the White House on Monday morning in which he called on the nation to condemn white supremacy and bigotry but did not lay out any proposals for stricter gun laws other than to reiterate support for "red flag" laws that would allow law enforcement to confiscate guns with a court order.

Instead, he focused his remarks on the need to confront mental illness and blamed video games and the darker corners of the internet for fostering violence.

Obama issued his statement hours later. The former president has largely refrained from commenting on Trump or his policies, speaking out occasionally on issues such as the withdrawal from the Iran nuclear deal and the travel ban.

In his final press conference before leaving office, Obama told reporters that he would feel compelled to speak out if he felt the country's "core values" were being threatened. He cited systemic discrimination, voter disenfranchisement and mass deportations of "Dreamers" as occurrences he may speak out about.

While Monday's statement did not mention Trump by name, Obama appeared to indirectly rebuke his successor's rhetoric toward immigrants.

Trump has repeatedly called the influx of migrants from Central America an “invasion.” He has also broadly labeled immigrants who illegally enter the U.S. as "thugs" who bring crime and disease. The Trump administration also enacted a zero-tolerance policy that led to the separation of hundreds of migrant families, a practice officially halted last year in the face of widespread public outcry.

On Monday, the president spoke for 10 minutes and denounced the shootings as “barbaric slaughters” and condemned the El Paso shooter as “consumed with racist hate.”

"The shooter in El Paso posted a manifesto online consumed by racist hate. In one voice, our nation must condemn racism, bigotry, and white supremacy," he said. "These sinister ideologies must be defeated. Hate has no place in America."

 

 

 

'Obama calls on Americans to reject leaders who feed 'climate of fear and hatred'

 

So Obama wants us to reject the dems?  I'm in.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can hear the trump supporters saying the Jews will not replace us. Matching in a neo Nazi march. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, drvoke said:

 

 

Image result for Obama calls on Americans to reject leaders who feed 'climate of fear and hatred'

 

 

 

I wonder who President Obama is asking us to reject?

 

I am thankful that the former POTUS reminds us that we still have responsible leadership in this country.

 

 

 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/obama-calls-on-americans-to-reject-leaders-who-feed-climate-of-fear-and-hatred/ar-AAFnyfX?ocid=spartanntp

(Full article and the Obama Peace Manifesto at above link)

 

 

Former President Obama on Monday called for action in response to back-to-back mass shootings over the weekend and urged Americans to "soundly reject" leaders who feed "a climate of fear and hatred."

The former president issued a lengthy statement after more than 30 people were killed in mass shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio. He did not name any specific leaders, but his comments amounted to an implicit rebuke of President Trump.

“We should soundly reject language coming out of the mouths of any of our leaders that feeds a climate of fear and hatred and normalizes racist sentiments; leaders who demonize those who don't look like us, or suggest that other people, including immigrants, threaten our way of life, or refer to other people as sub-human, or imply that America belongs to just one certain type of people," Obama said in the statement.

He noted that the rhetoric is not new, but that it "has no place in our politics and our public life.”

“It’s time for the overwhelming majority of Americans of goodwill, of every race and faith and political party, to say as much — clearly and unequivocally," Obama said.

Obama urged law enforcement and internet platforms to limit the influence of hate groups, observing that the El Paso gunman followed a similar pattern to other mass shooters in that he "embraced racist ideologies" and may have been radicalized “by white nationalist websites that proliferate on the internet."

The former president also addressed the sense of apathy toward enacting stricter gun laws, arguing that the U.S. deals with more mass shootings than other developed nations and that some restrictions will at least limit the frequency of the massacres.

"We are not helpless here," Obama said. "And until all of us stand up and insist on holding public officials accountable for changing our gun laws, these tragedies will keep happening."

Obama weighed in as the death toll continued to rise in the El Paso shooting, in which a gunman opened fire Saturday afternoon at a Walmart. The suspected shooter allegedly wrote a racist, anti-immigrant manifesto that was published just before the attack that warned of a Latino “invasion.” Federal authorities are considering charging him with hate crimes.

Hours later, a gunman with a history of making violent threats killed nine people and injured more than 20 others in Dayton.

Trump delivered a prepared speech from the Diplomatic Room of the White House on Monday morning in which he called on the nation to condemn white supremacy and bigotry but did not lay out any proposals for stricter gun laws other than to reiterate support for "red flag" laws that would allow law enforcement to confiscate guns with a court order.

Instead, he focused his remarks on the need to confront mental illness and blamed video games and the darker corners of the internet for fostering violence.

Obama issued his statement hours later. The former president has largely refrained from commenting on Trump or his policies, speaking out occasionally on issues such as the withdrawal from the Iran nuclear deal and the travel ban.

In his final press conference before leaving office, Obama told reporters that he would feel compelled to speak out if he felt the country's "core values" were being threatened. He cited systemic discrimination, voter disenfranchisement and mass deportations of "Dreamers" as occurrences he may speak out about.

While Monday's statement did not mention Trump by name, Obama appeared to indirectly rebuke his successor's rhetoric toward immigrants.

Trump has repeatedly called the influx of migrants from Central America an “invasion.” He has also broadly labeled immigrants who illegally enter the U.S. as "thugs" who bring crime and disease. The Trump administration also enacted a zero-tolerance policy that led to the separation of hundreds of migrant families, a practice officially halted last year in the face of widespread public outcry.

On Monday, the president spoke for 10 minutes and denounced the shootings as “barbaric slaughters” and condemned the El Paso shooter as “consumed with racist hate.”

"The shooter in El Paso posted a manifesto online consumed by racist hate. In one voice, our nation must condemn racism, bigotry, and white supremacy," he said. "These sinister ideologies must be defeated. Hate has no place in America."

 

 

 

HOW MANY COPS SHOT UNDER HIS ADMINISTRATION?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dontlooknow said:

I can hear the trump supporters saying the Jews will not replace us. Matching in a neo Nazi march. 

You really do need some new material.   :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, personreal said:

You really do need some new material.   :)

And trump said most of them are good people. No what trump has always said is fair game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bigsky said:

HOW MANY COPS SHOT UNDER HIS ADMINISTRATION?

 

True. That I will not forget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, drvoke said:

 

True. That I will not forget.

DO YOU THINK THAT WAS THAT FILTHY NI66ERS FAULT?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bigsky said:

DO YOU THINK THAT WAS THAT FILTHY NI66ERS FAULT?

 

Partially, yes. His rhetoric needlessly inflamed passions. Trump is guilty of similar offenses. I don't think either desired the actual consequences, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, drvoke said:

 

Partially, yes. His rhetoric needlessly inflamed passions. Trump is guilty of similar offenses.

FU CK THAT YOU RETARDED FU CKING ASS HOLE...it is the mother fu cking news fault for not simply reporting the nooze and dropping sh it...the president says one statement and the nooze reports it OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER UNTIL AMERICANS ARE HYPNOTIZED INTO ACTING ON IT....you stupid fu ck...the media is the hypnotist...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh I'm so afraid of antics even tho they never killed nobody like the trump deplorables. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dontlooknow said:

Oh I'm so afraid of antics even tho they never killed nobody like the trump deplorables. 

No deplorable has ever killed anyone!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bigsky said:

FU CK THAT YOU RETARDED FU CKING ASS HOLE...it is the mother fu cking news fault for not simply reporting the nooze and dropping sh it...the president says one statement and the nooze reports it OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER UNTIL AMERICANS ARE HYPNOTIZED INTO ACTING ON IT....you stupid fu ck...the media is the hypnotist...

 

So you want to blame Fox News? OK. I'm down with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, dontlooknow said:

And trump said most of them are good people. No what trump has always said is fair game. 

We know yer side wants to divide.  Try to get over that...OK?  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Odumbo is a traitor and will get what is coming to him...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, drvoke said:

Former President Obama on Monday called for action in response to back-to-back mass shootings over the weekend and urged Americans to "soundly reject" leaders who feed "a climate of fear and hatred."

We did.  That's why she's home getting drunk every night in Chappaqua. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dontlooknow said:

Obama is so awesome. What a leader. When trump won't be one. 

Yea, his "leading from behind" was epic. 

What a loser. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is 100% correct. Trump MUST be held accountable for creating an environment that has led to harrassment of people of color, concentration camps, and now the mass executions of people based on race and just for being at walmart. There are no words that can describe the level of harm that Trump's alt-right rhetoric has enabled and that has to stop. After he leaves office I trust that NY State will charge him with aggravated harrasment as a hate crime. Republicans truly are deplorable, their #1 concern is how to hang on to their guns and ability to spew hate after events like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, drvoke said:

 

So you want to blame Fox News? OK. I'm down with that.

god damn skippy...they are globally corporate antagonists just like cnn and msnbc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...