Sign in to follow this  
LoreD

Emerson Poll: Which groups support Biden?

Sanders re-established his lead among 18-29 year olds receiving 36% support among that age group, in the earlier July poll Sanders was at 24% of the vote among 18-29 year olds. Warren follows him now with 17% of the youth vote, followed by Biden with 12% and Buttigieg with 10%. Among 30-49 year olds, Biden leads with 24%, followed by Sanders with 21%, Warren with 14% and Harris with 10%. Biden has a greater lead with those age 50-64 with 46% support, followed by Sanders with 15%, Warren with 14% and Harris with 13%. And then among those over the age of 65, Biden also leads with 51% support, followed by Harris with 11%, Warren with 10% and Sanders with 8%.

Among Democratic Primary voters that describe themselves as “Very Liberal”, Sanders leads with 30%, followed by Warren at 25%, Biden at 16% and Harris at 13%. Among those that describe themselves as “Somewhat Liberal”, Biden leads with 31%, followed by Sanders at 22%, Warren at 15% and Harris at 9%. And among voters who describe themselves as “Moderate” or “Conservative”, Biden leads with 45% support, followed by Sanders at 12%, Harris at 11% and Warren at 7%. 

On 7/31/2019 at 7:46 AM, LoreD said:

Sanders re-established his lead among 18-29 year olds receiving 36% support among that age group, in the earlier July poll Sanders was at 24% of the vote among 18-29 year olds. Warren follows him now with 17% of the youth vote, followed by Biden with 12% and Buttigieg with 10%. Among 30-49 year olds, Biden leads with 24%, followed by Sanders with 21%, Warren with 14% and Harris with 10%. Biden has a greater lead with those age 50-64 with 46% support, followed by Sanders with 15%, Warren with 14% and Harris with 13%. And then among those over the age of 65, Biden also leads with 51% support, followed by Harris with 11%, Warren with 10% and Sanders with 8%.

Among Democratic Primary voters that describe themselves as “Very Liberal”, Sanders leads with 30%, followed by Warren at 25%, Biden at 16% and Harris at 13%. Among those that describe themselves as “Somewhat Liberal”, Biden leads with 31%, followed by Sanders at 22%, Warren at 15% and Harris at 9%. And among voters who describe themselves as “Moderate” or “Conservative”, Biden leads with 45% support, followed by Sanders at 12%, Harris at 11% and Warren at 7%. 

I think I square with this poll, I mean, it makes sense.

1. Healthcare as the number one issue - older people are the ones who are worried about single-payer the most. That is the people who are older who always vote.

2. Climate change - actually that is really the most important issue now that affects the future for all, but still, if you know someone who doesn't have healthcare, and a lot of folks do -

well, it makes you angry as hell, like you just want to shout out that you're not going to take it anymore !!!

3. displacement of fossil fuel jobs, and displacement of private healthcare insurance jobs, and displacement of advertisement revenues for each:

1: issue one, someone maybe won't have to pay, but they might need to find a different revenue source.

No, mom can't go back to work. She's intelligent, still healthy, but she's into her seventies. She knows too much.

(I throw that last bit in there like an opt ed writer would, say like just for fun, like Thomas L. Friedman might; and yes just to cause distention ( and I do mean distention, look it up) among the readership of the NY Times, so that way, no matter what happens, I can say I was right all the time no matter what transpires, because I would never say that I myself has not a foggy clue. They don't pay me for being an idiot/ or do they?)

Peace!