drvoke

Man shot dead after attacking immigration prison

Image result for Man dies after attacking immigration prison

Although the motivations of the assailant are unknown at this point, I am going to guess it was a con trying to murder the immigrants. Cons go off the rails all the time.  Some are speculating that it may be a person attacking the officers of the facility for their inhumane treatment of detainees. Nah, I don't buy it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/police-man-dies-after-attacking-immigration-prison/ar-AAEhz8J?ocid=spartanntp

(Full article at above link)

TACOMA, Wash. (AP) — A man armed with a rifle threw incendiary devices at an immigration jail in Washington state early Saturday morning, then was found dead after four police officers arrived and opened fire, authorities said.

The Tacoma Police Department said the officers responded at about 4 a.m. to the privately run Tacoma Northwest Detention Center, a U.S. Department of Homeland Security detention facility that holds migrants pending deportation proceedings. The detention center has also held immigration-seeking parents separated from their children under President Donald Trump's "zero tolerance" policy, an effort meant to deter illegal immigration.

The shooting took place about six hours after a peaceful rally in front of the detention center, police spokesman Loretta Cool said. She said another rally was planned for later Saturday, but it would have to be held in a different area because of the investigation into the police shooting.

Police said the man caused a vehicle to catch fire and that he attempted to ignite a large propane tank and set buildings on fire. Police said that besides the rifle, he had a satchel and flares.

Police said officers called out to the man, and shots were fired.

Cool said all four officers fired their weapons, but she didn't have specific details of what took place. She said the officers weren't wearing body cameras, but the area is covered by surveillance cameras from the detention center. She said she didn't know if the man fired at the officers.

After the gunfire, officers took cover, contained the area and set up medical aid a short distance away, police said.

Officers then located the man and determined he had been shot and was dead at the scene. His name hasn't been released.

Authorities say investigators are processing the scene and police are continuing to investigate. No law enforcement officers were injured. The four Tacoma police officers who fired their weapons have been placed on paid administrative leave as is standard in officer-involved shootings.

A motive for the man's actions hasn't been determined, Cool said.

GEO Group, which runs the 1,575-bed Northwest Detention Center, in an email to The Associated Press said baseless accusations about how detainees are treated at its facilities "have led to misplaced aggression and a dangerous environment for our employees, whose safety is our top priority. Violence of any kind against our employees and property will not be tolerated. We are thankful for the quick and brave action by the Tacoma Police Department, which prevented innocent lives from being endangered."

GEO Group said the detention center in Tacoma has modern amenities with air conditioning, recreational activities, a bed for every individual and medical care available at all hours.

Last year, a federal judge ruled that Washington state could pursue its lawsuit seeking to force GEO Group to pay minimum wage for work done by detainees at the detention center.

In November, a Russian asylum-seeker who conducted a hunger strike to protest the conditions at the detention center died by suicide, the Pierce County Medical Examiner's Office ruled.

Mergensana Amar, 40, was taken off life support after attempting to kill himself while in voluntary protective custody at the detention center on Nov. 15, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement said.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. My guess would be a deluded lefty trying to free modern day holocaust victims from American concentration camps. 

6 minutes ago, guilluamezenz said:

we are already at war

Nah. There have always been nutjobs.

40 minutes ago, guilluamezenz said:

we are already at war

This is true. 

You make a good point. We are indeed.

The massive invasion of the United States is literally happening right in front of us. Liberals are thrilled! THRILLED! Can't seem to give the invaders enough. We need more invaders. Millions of invaders. The more invaders the happier you seem to be. 

You don't even want to keep track of the invaders. Or care how many there are. Thrilled to death that Trump couldn't get a question on the census document to at least try to figure out how many invaders there are. 

GOD the STUPIDITY it hurts it HURTS my eyes.

7 minutes ago, Debs said:

So does your use of all capital words. 

33 minutes ago, kfools said:

This is true. 

The massive invasion of the United States is literally happening right in front of us. Liberals are thrilled! THRILLED! Can't seem to give the invaders enough. We need more invaders. Millions of invaders. The more invaders the happier you seem to be. 

You don't even want to keep track of the invaders. Or care how many there are. Thrilled to death that Trump couldn't get a question on the census document to at least try to figure out how many invaders there are. 

they are no more invaders than my immigrant grandparents were and no one gave us anything we worked very hard, immigrants made this nation, your ancestors were immigrants

1 minute ago, guilluamezenz said:

they are no more invaders than my immigrant grandparents were and no one gave us anything we worked very hard, immigrants made this nation, your ancestors were immigrants

they are coming in illegally... Why can't you democrats understand that?

1 hour ago, NeoConvict said:

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. My guess would be a deluded lefty trying to free modern day holocaust victims from American concentration camps. 

I thought you said lefties don't have guns. We're scared of them because they're black and oily.

1 hour ago, drvoke said:

Although the motivations of the assailant are unknown at this point, I am going to guess it was a con trying to murder the immigrants. Cons go off the rails all the time.  Some are speculating that it may be a person attacking the officers of the facility for their inhumane treatment of detainees. Nah, I don't buy it.

drvoke ... the man has been identified as Willem Van Spronsen, 69, of Vashon Island, Washington.

He was arrested last year at the same facility for assaulting a police officer. In his possession he had a billy club and a knife.

https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/crime/article213948684.html

2 charged with assaulting police near detention center, 8 released, documents say

Two people arrested Tuesday night outside the Northwest Detention Center on Tacoma's Tideflats are being charged with assaulting a police officer.

A 68-year-old Vashon Island man was arraigned Wednesday afternoon in Pierce County Superior Court on charges of third-degree assault, resisting arrest and obstructing police. A not-guilty plea was entered on his behalf and he was set to be released from Pierce County Jail on his own recognizance.

… snip …

The 10 people were arrested after demonstrators took to the street in front of the detention center, 1623 E. J St., about 9 p.m. Tuesday night, Tacoma police said. About 160 people had gathered outside the facility, which houses undocumented migrants facing held by the federal government during deportation proceedings.

Starting on Saturday, activists began camping outside the facility, which is run by the for-profit Geo Group, to protest President Donald Trump's policy of separating children from their parents when the parents are detained for immigration violations.

… snip …

While a Tacoma police officer was attempting to detain the 17-year-old, charging documents say, the Vashon Island man jumped onto that officer's back and wrapped his arms around the officer's shoulders and neck in an attempt to free the teenager. 

Other police officers pulled the man off their colleague and tried to handcuff him, documents say, but the man continued to pull his hands away. The man had a collapsible baton in his pocket when he was arrested, which prosecutors wrote may lead to a deadly weapon sentencing enhancement for his third-degree assault charge.

While the officer who had been jumped on was attempting to detain the Vashon Island man, the unidentified man grabbed at his duty belt and removed the officer's radio, documents say. The officer punched the unidentified man in the face, and the man was then detained by other officers.

The unidentified man refused to get off the ground after being handcuffed, documents say, so officers carried him to a patrol car, which he refused to enter before being put inside. He was similarly insubordinate upon being taken to the jail.

https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/article232647262.html

Van Spronsen pleaded guilty to the charge of obstructing police, and was given a deferred sentence in October.

That meant he didn’t have to serve time if he avoided further trouble with the law.

So we can establish that he was a TDS leftist ... and he was STUCK ON STUPID. 

It cost him his life.

The DemocRATic Party and the MSM are responsible for his death, if you ask me.

1 hour ago, Debs said:

I suggest you Break EVERY MIRROR in YOUR house!!

1 hour ago, kfools said:

So does your use of all capital words. 

I guess besides your OTHER blatant levels of STUPIDITY there is the fact you are too STUPID to understand the definition of the word ALL  My GOD you are stupid

1 hour ago, JeanMoulin said:

I thought you said lefties don't have guns. We're scared of them because they're black and oily.

Lefties have guns, just not in numbers that conservatives do. Lots of mass shooters are lefties. Right wingers usually blow stuff up.

2 hours ago, kfools said:

This is true. 

But I thought trump was rounding them up in a few hours.

1 hour ago, Duck615 said:

they are coming in illegally... Why can't you democrats understand that?

Can you prove your ancestors came here legally?

2 hours ago, Squatchman said:

Can you prove your ancestors came here legally?

BAM!

Men are killed in America everyday...sometimes even women.

7 hours ago, drvoke said:

https://legalinsurrection.com/2019/07/attacker-on-tacoma-ice-detention-center-identified-as-anarchist-and-antifascist/

Attacker on Tacoma ICE Detention Center identified as “anarchist and antifascist”

… snip …

The Seattle Times reports that Van Spronsen was involved in previous protests and violence at the center, and was described by a friend as :

Deb Bartley, a friend of Van Spronsen’s for about 20 years, described him as an anarchist and antifascist, and believes his attack on the detention center intending to provoke a fatal conflict.

“He was ready to end it,” Bartley said. “I think this was a suicide. But then he was able to kind of do it in a way that spoke to his political beliefs … I know he went down there knowing he was going to die.”

She and other friends of Van Spronsen got letters in the mail “just saying goodbye.” He also wrote what she referred to as a manifesto, which she declined to discuss in detail but predicted would be taken by authorities….

Maru Mora-Villalpando, an activist with the group La Resistancia, which has frequently protested the conditions at the detention center and broader immigration policy, said she did not know Van Spronsen himself. Nor was La Resistencia involved with the June 2018 protest at which he was arrested, she said.

The 2018 protest involved about 160 people outside the detention center. About 40 people blocked a police car that had arrived, prompting the officer to call in backup; about 25 officers responded.

In court documents, Van Spronsen was accused of lunging at a police officer’s neck to help free a 17-year-old protester who was being detained. Van Spronsen refused to comply with officers’ orders, and as he was led through a crowd of protesters, police said he tried to pass the baton to another protester. Van Spronsen was punched in the face at least once during the altercation. Nine other people were arrested as well.

He ultimately pleaded guilty in Pierce County Superior Court to one count of obstructing an officer, a gross misdemeanor, and received a one-year deferred sentence in October, according to court documents, which labeled him indigent. He had no previous criminal history, according to court records.

MORE TO FOLLOW

He’s being treated as a hero in Antifa and anti-ICE circles.

Wow ... when you're wrong, you're REALLY wrong, drvoke.  :lol:

1 minute ago, drvoke said:

I does seem there may be some ambiguity as to his motives.

Apparently, you don't know what the word ambiguity means, snowflake.

8 hours ago, NeoConvict said:

its Tacompton....there are no cons there...well...I know one...

1 hour ago, drvoke said:

I does seem there may be some ambiguity as to his motives. I think I'll wait until all the facts are in before I commit to a stance.

he was yer gun confiscating communist buddy......he is dead....lament his passing...yer next

8 hours ago, guilluamezenz said:

we are already at war

you better hope not

9 hours ago, drvoke said:

Although the motivations of the assailant are unknown at this point, I am going to guess it was a con trying to murder the immigrants.

He was a violent leftist Antifa fascist fuck.