Sign in to follow this  
leftwinger

Pelosi defends handling of 4 House women as Democrats fume about Ocasio-Cortez’s top aide

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Thursday defended her treatment of four liberal freshman lawmakers, including Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who has accused her of targeting “newly elected women of color” through a series of public remarks dismissing their political influence inside the House.

Pelosi refused to respond directly to Ocasio-Cortez’s accusation at a Thursday news conference but said she had to speak out to defend her moderate members after Ocasio-Cortez’s top aide accused them of racist actions.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/pelosi-defends-handling-of-squad-as-democrats-fume-about-ocasio-cortezs-top-aide/2019/07/11/985c52a6-a3e7-11e9-bd56-eac6bb02d01d_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.9402efa75792

dem are just like crayfish, once they eat everything else they start eating their own.

1 minute ago, Hankk said:

dem are just like crayfish, once they eat everything else they start eating their own.

Debate is good. Pelosi is a Clinton leftover; a centrist.

1 minute ago, Hankk said:

Crabs in a bucket. That is the problem with having a loose coalition of the perpetually aggrieved. They all will drag any crab that climbs too high back to the bottom. Democrats have few unifying principles. 

23 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Thursday defended her treatment of four liberal freshman lawmakers, including Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who has accused her of targeting “newly elected women of color” through a series of public remarks dismissing their political influence inside the House.

Pelosi refused to respond directly to Ocasio-Cortez’s accusation at a Thursday news conference but said she had to speak out to defend her moderate members after Ocasio-Cortez’s top aide accused them of racist actions.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/pelosi-defends-handling-of-squad-as-democrats-fume-about-ocasio-cortezs-top-aide/2019/07/11/985c52a6-a3e7-11e9-bd56-eac6bb02d01d_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.9402efa75792

Nancy is...... a racist.

Anyone who disagrees with me, Omar, or AOC.....is a racist.

Those are the new rules on this ballfield. 

Now, if you don't like those rules, then you take your bat and glove.....and go home.           😎

Pelosi can do a lot of damage to AOC and her pals. I remember well McCormack and Tip O'Neill, both from Boston. I was in elementary school and my old man loved McCormack. Tip O'Neill and Kennedy got Boston "The Big Dig" 14 billion. Everyone in the state made a buck off that. The Speaker has immense power and no Dem. would have ever thought of bucking either of them. If Pelosi can rally the moderates she can put a hurt on AOC. Dems are crashing. Nadler is going to turn the Mueller hearings into great entertainment. They are already fighting about time. Pelosi ought to drop the hammer on Nadler too.   hahahahaaaa

2 minutes ago, johndnorth said:

Pelosi can do a lot of damage to AOC and her pals. I remember well McCormack and Tip O'Neill, both from Boston. I was in elementary school and my old man loved McCormack. Tip O'Neill and Kennedy got Boston "The Big Dig" 14 billion. Everyone in the state made a buck off that. The Speaker has immense power and no Dem. would have ever thought of bucking either of them. If Pelosi can rally the moderates she can put a hurt on AOC. Dems are crashing. Nadler is going to turn the Mueller hearings into great entertainment. They are already fighting about time. Pelosi ought to drop the hammer on Nadler too.   hahahahaaaa

I will need some popcorn for the Mueller hearing. Will be great entertainment. Hopefully interspersed with weeping Democrats. 

10 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Democrats have few unifying principles. 

Principle One: Justice

Principle Two: Democracy. Government by and for the People.

Just now, leftwinger said:

Principle One: Justice

Principle Two: Democracy. Government by and for the People.

Democrats have twisted justice to mean vengeance and reparations. Sanctuary cities, daca, anti law enforcement movements show little regard for law and order. 

Democracy corrupted by liberal propaganda and the sometimes violent censorship of conservative voices. 

2 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Democrats have twisted justice to mean vengeance and reparations. Sanctuary cities, daca, anti law enforcement movements

that ain't me

Black Caucus Member Charges AOC With Using the Race Card

Rep. William Lacy Clay (D-MO) accused Rep. Alexandria Ocasio Cortez (D-N.Y.) of using the race card after the freshman lawmaker complained that Speaker Nancy Pelosi had again singled out young, progressive lawmakers of color for strong, public criticism.

Saying he was personally offended at the suggestion, the long-tenured member of the Congressional Black Caucus said Thursday that Ocasio-Cortez and three fellow progressive freshmen women who call themselves “The Squad” were lashing out because “they didn’t get their way” as the tensions between the old guard of Democratic leadership and the young, assertive lawmakers with outsized social network presences exploded into public view.