Sign in to follow this  
DennisTheMenace

Sadly, only three people were gored on the first day of Pamplona's annual running of the bulls spectacle

920x920.jpg

Mess with the bull you¬†get the horn. I'm always on¬†the¬†bulls side. ūüĎ欆 A few¬†of my favorite gorings from the past:

RTX11KO7600.jpg spain-san-fermin.jpg man-gored-in-ass-during-running-of-the-barticle-1198792-05AC88CA000005DC-400_634

Five people were hospitalized after the opening bull run of this year's San Fermin festival in Pamplona, including two Americans and a Spaniard who were gored by bulls, officials in the northern Spanish city said Sunday.

A 46-year old man from San Francisco, California, was gored in the neck in the city's bullring, at the end of the 850-meter (930-yard) course. He was undergoing surgery, the regional government reported.

A 23-year old man from Florence, Kentucky and a 40-year-old Spanish man. 

were both gored in their thighs. Two young Spanish men sustained head injuries.

The nine-day San Fermin fiesta, where six bulls are run every morning in the city's narrow streets before being killed in afternoon bullfights, draws around one million visitors annually, including many citizens from the United States. Every year hundreds of "runners" race ahead of or next to the bulls, while the more risk-averse watch from balconies.

Some arrive following in the steps of American novelist and Nobel literature laureate Ernest Hemingway, who became fascinated by bullfighting and immortalized the festival in his 1926 book "The Sun Also Rises."

Sunday morning's inaugural run featured bulls from the Puerto de San Lorenzo cattle breeder, which also caused one goring last year.

The pack dashed together along the cobble-stoned, barricaded street course. Toward the end, one of the bulls stumbled briefly, causing panic and at least one goring when it resumed the race and charged at some of the racers.

The local Red Cross said its emergency personnel had attended to an additional 48 people for minor injuries, including two who had been trampled by the racing bulls.

The run, which lasted 2 minutes and 41 seconds, came after the festival's official opening ‚ÄĒ or "Chupinazo" ‚ÄĒ on Friday, when tens of thousands of party-goers shower each other with wine and champagne in a packed square.

The annual festival also includes music performances, traditional sports and dance displays, a religious procession on Sunday to honor the local patron, a firework competition and endless partying.

HA hell, you weren't one of them!!!

It is just something some guys like to do to say they have done it. Like Demolition Derbies, Rodeo clowns, and to a lesser extent American football and NASCAR.

I am sorry if anyone gets hurt, and most who participate are not. It is something young men to generally when drunk.

I think the La Tomatina would be more fun. That will be next month.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Tomatina

5 minutes ago, Squatchman said:

Drove in a couple.

It's a blast!

I am sure. But I would not like to see anyone getting hurt. Dennis thinks is is "sad" that only three people were gored, suggesting that he would like to see more victims.

4 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

I am sure. But I would not like to see anyone getting hurt. Dennis thinks is is "sad" that only three people were gored, suggesting that he would like to see more victims.

If they want to screw around with these animals they get their just desserts.

It kind of is justice on the bulls part.

They also think bullfighting is a sport in Spain.

So it is sad that only 3 animal abusers got gored.

57 minutes ago, Squatchman said:

If they want to screw around with these animals they get their just desserts.

It kind of is justice on the bulls part.

They also think bullfighting is a sport in Spain.

So it is sad that only 3 animal abusers got gored.

football is a sport, so is baseball, bullfighting is animal abuse, with everything rigged against the bull.

1 minute ago, jerra- said:

football is a sport, so is baseball, bullfighting is animal abuse, with everything rigged against the bull.

Correct.

So it's a great day when a Matador or runner gets gored. Hopefully killed.

7 minutes ago, Squatchman said:

Correct.

I shed no tears when that happens.

Hopefully some terrorists will blow themselves up amidst these pervert motherfukkers.

And with some luck few will die with the vast majority being maimed  FUBAR  for the rest of their reprehensible lives !

If that happens I'll celebrate by going to the bar downtown and give free rounds till everyone is too drunk to go home on their own ... and I'll pay for their taxi too !

I shed no tears when that happens.

Me neither.

I also feel that the people running dog fights ought to kicked into the pit with a couple fighting dogs.

9 minutes ago, Squatchman said:

Correct.

NO !!!

Not killed !

Forever paralised from head down would suffice.

1 minute ago, Squatchman said:

Me neither.

I also feel that the people running dog fights ought to kicked into the pit with a couple fighting dogs.

A whole pack would be better.

Just now, JinnMartini said:

NO !!!

Not killed !

Forever paralised from head down would suffice.

That is better.

That way all they can think about is what put them there for the rest of their lives.

5 minutes ago, Squatchman said:

Me neither.

that would be total justice.

15 minutes ago, Squatchman said:

Animal abuse sends me off the deep end. 

me too.

also in bullfights horses get killed too. they are sent into the ring to tire the bulls out so the bull is easy for the chickendor to kill.

me too.

also in bullfights horses get killed too. they are sent into the ring to tire the bulls out so the bull is easy for the chickendor to kill.

Dammit!

Don't make me go to Spain.

12 minutes ago, Squatchman said:

Dammit!

Don't make me go to Spain.

it happens in mexico and all around south america.

15 hours ago, jerra- said:

me too.

Bull fighting is barbaric...there is nothing less meaningful than horrifically taking a life ... any life. ¬† If an animal is to be utilized for food ‚ÄĒ humane death should be enacted. ¬†Bull fighting is for sick and twisted people who really need to get a clue...if you support this sport‚ÄĒdress in a bull costume and allow someone to stick knives into you and bleed out. ¬†The world would be a better place without you.

travel mate typed the above comments 

16 hours ago, Squatchman said:

That is better.

That way all they can think about is what put them there for the rest of their lives.

They'd never "get it" and would probably wish they were able to get out there and do it again.  

People who do that deserve all the hurt they get and then some.

Dying is much too good for them.  Being gored in the gut so that their intestines spill out all over the ground would be better.  I'd settle for them being gored right in the genitals, though.

People who fight dogs deserve something so terrible that it's unthinkable.