Sign in to follow this  
drvoke

AOC renews public feud with Pelosi

Image result for AOC renews public feud with Pelosi

Pelosi is so out of touch. She disses social media and defends TV ads. Wow. Whoever watched an ad on TV and picked up their phone to make a donation? I've contributed to AOC like half a dozen times via Paypal on the internet. She has MILLIONS of followers. Pelosi doesn't even have 400,000.

As old as Trump is, he is tapped into current trends and is smart enough to know the importance public engagement over the internet. He will be viewed as the first true 'social media' POTUS.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/aoc-renews-public-feud-with-pelosi/ar-AADXeom?ocid=spartanntp

(Full article and tweets at above link)

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez snapped at House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for criticizing her and a few other left-wing Democrats, renewing a war of words between a rising liberal star and a veteran congressional leader.

"That public 'whatever' is called public sentiment. And wielding the power to shift it is how we actually achieve meaningful change in this country," the New York Democrat said Saturday about Pelosi after the New York Democrat said Ocasio-Cortez and her inner circle of liberal freshman Democrats were just "four people."

"I find it strange when members act as though social media isn’t important. They set millions of dollars on fire to run TV ads so people can see their message. I haven’t dialed for dollars *once* this year, & have more time to do my actual job. Yet we’d rather campaign like it’s 2008," Ocasio-Cortez added.

In a New York Times interview published Saturday, Pelosi dismissed the influence of Ocasio'Cortez's "Squad," which includes Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, Rashida Tlaib of Michigan, and Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts “All these people have their public whatever and their Twitter world,” Pelosi said. “But they didn’t have any following. They’re four people and that’s how many votes they got.”

This is the latest flare-up between the two Democrats. In April, Pelosi dismissed Ocasio-Cortez fellow left-wing members of the party as insignificant to the larger Democratic caucus.

“That’s like five people,” the California Democrat told Lesley Stahl. After Stahl pushed back saying the "progressive" movement in the party was larger, Pelosi said she considers herself a progressive.

“Well, the progressive — I'm a progressive. Yeah,” Pelosi said.

Ocasio-Cortez has pushed Pelosi to support liberal policies like her Green New Deal and the push for impeaching President Trump. She has also been quick to criticize if the speaker over gestures of bipartisanship.

In June, Ocasio-Cortez condemned Pelosi for approving a vote on a bipartisan border funding relief bill. "Hell no," she said. "That’s an abdication of power we should refuse to accept. They will keep hurting kids if we do."

59 minutes ago, drvoke said:

Pelosi is so out of touch. She disses social media and defends TV ads. Wow. Whoever watched an ad on TV and picked up their phone to make a donation? I've contributed to AOC like half a dozen times via Paypal on the internet. She has MILLIONS of followers. Pelosi doesn't even have 400,000.

As old as Trump is, he is tapped into current trends and is smart enough to know the importance public engagement over the internet. He will be viewed as the first true 'social media' POTUS.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/aoc-renews-public-feud-with-pelosi/ar-AADXeom?ocid=spartanntp

(Full article and tweets at above link)

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez snapped at House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for criticizing her and a few other left-wing Democrats, renewing a war of words between a rising liberal star and a veteran congressional leader.

"That public 'whatever' is called public sentiment. And wielding the power to shift it is how we actually achieve meaningful change in this country," the New York Democrat said Saturday about Pelosi after the New York Democrat said Ocasio-Cortez and her inner circle of liberal freshman Democrats were just "four people."

"I find it strange when members act as though social media isn’t important. They set millions of dollars on fire to run TV ads so people can see their message. I haven’t dialed for dollars *once* this year, & have more time to do my actual job. Yet we’d rather campaign like it’s 2008," Ocasio-Cortez added.

In a New York Times interview published Saturday, Pelosi dismissed the influence of Ocasio'Cortez's "Squad," which includes Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, Rashida Tlaib of Michigan, and Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts “All these people have their public whatever and their Twitter world,” Pelosi said. “But they didn’t have any following. They’re four people and that’s how many votes they got.”

This is the latest flare-up between the two Democrats. In April, Pelosi dismissed Ocasio-Cortez fellow left-wing members of the party as insignificant to the larger Democratic caucus.

“That’s like five people,” the California Democrat told Lesley Stahl. After Stahl pushed back saying the "progressive" movement in the party was larger, Pelosi said she considers herself a progressive.

“Well, the progressive — I'm a progressive. Yeah,” Pelosi said.

Ocasio-Cortez has pushed Pelosi to support liberal policies like her Green New Deal and the push for impeaching President Trump. She has also been quick to criticize if the speaker over gestures of bipartisanship.

In June, Ocasio-Cortez condemned Pelosi for approving a vote on a bipartisan border funding relief bill. "Hell no," she said. "That’s an abdication of power we should refuse to accept. They will keep hurting kids if we do."

Dumb and Dumber.

It's like watching an abortion. The DEMORATS are eating each other alive!

lol. it's shocking to me that people can't see what AOC truly is. she's an actress. that's all she is. a prop. she's destroying the democratic party. god bless her. lol

1 hour ago, lewstherin said:

lol. it's shocking to me that people can't see what AOC truly is. she's an actress. that's all she is. a prop. she's destroying the democratic party. god bless her. lol

Not much different than trump huh?

Except if she is an actress it's in a full length motion picture at Cannes.

Trump was just a reality TV personality. Like Honey Boo Boo and Mama June.

(Which by the way,it's common knowledge that Trump is Honey Boo Boo,'s father).

2 minutes ago, Squatchman said:

Not much different than trump huh?

Except if she is an actress it's in a full length motion picture at Cannes.

Trump was just a reality TV personality. Like Honey Boo Boo and Mama June.

(Which by the way,it's common knowledge that Trump is Honey Boo Boo,'s father).

When was the last time you did not post about Trump or even think about Trump?

4 minutes ago, Redoctober said:

When was the last time you did not post about Trump or even think about Trump?

When was the last time you didn't?

When was the last time you thought for yourself?

For me it was when I was extolling on how smart Barron is.

8 hours ago, 123urout said:

Dumb and Dumber.

what kind of work do you do down there in alabammy?

6 hours ago, lewstherin said:

actually she is building up a following of people who won't be dead 10 years hence, like the cult of trump.

linsey sue graham said it best: there aren't enough angry old while guys to sustain the gop for much longer.

7 hours ago, Squatchman said:

When was the last time you didn't?

When was the last time you thought for yourself?

For me it was when I was extolling on how smart Barron is.

LOL! I see a rhetorical question set you off.  Excellent....

2 minutes ago, Redoctober said:

LOL! I see a rhetorical question set you off.  Excellent....

What I see from most conservatives is just my presence sets them off.

You included.

Just the thought of me and others like me scares the bejesus out of your kind.

That's why you reply to my posts.

It makes you feel courageous since it isn't in person.

11 hours ago, drvoke said:

Pelosi is the most powerful woman in history. 

4 hours ago, Squatchman said:

What I see from most conservatives is just my presence sets them off.

You included.

Just the thought of me and others like me scares the bejesus out of your kind.

That's why you reply to my posts.

It makes you feel courageous since it isn't in person.

What about you scares me?

4 minutes ago, Redoctober said:

What about you scares me?

Kiss your right to vote,worker rights,local,public schools & pensions goodbye

United States of ALEC

http://www.democracynow.org/2012/9/27/the_united_states_of_alec_bill

Aegis Strategic  http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/01/koch-brothers-candidate-training-recruiting-aegis-strategic

http://www.pfaw.org/rww-in-focus/alec-the-voice-of-corporate-special-interests-state-legislatures#Voter

Defunding/Dismantling Public Education Team

--- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dennis-van-roekel/exposing-alecs-agenda-to-_b_3223651.html

36 minutes ago, merrill said:

Did you just link to leftist website in an attempt to mot answer my question that wasn't directed towards you?

38 minutes ago, merrill said:

Just gotta love that AOC ...... she is outstanding!

What is it about her that you like? What has she accomplished?

26 minutes ago, Redoctober said:

Did you just link to leftist website in an attempt to mot answer my question that wasn't directed towards you?

1 hour ago, merrill said:

I chose factual websites ........

AOC has brains, her feet are on the ground and she has been doing her home work. AOC has a tendency to speak her mind with clarity......this is good.

What has she accomplished? AOC got elected which required a lot of work.

5 minutes ago, merrill said:

I chose factual websites ........

AOC has brains, her feet are on the ground and she has been doing her home work. AOC has a tendency to speak her mind with clarity......this is good.

What has she accomplished? AOC got elected which required a lot of work.

You keep telling yourself that. The reality is they are leftist propaganda sites.

You think AOC is smart? We have a very different understanding of what constitutes "smart".

She got elected in a VERY heavily liberal. District. That is hardly an accomplishment. Other than get elected, what has she accomplished?

No propaganda here  ......... 

No propaganda here  ......... 

What has AOC accomplished?

6 hours ago, Olivaw said:

Pelosi is the most powerful woman in history. 

Not even close. No even in the U.S. today. As a politician, she just climbed aboard the obsolescence train.