We've been having highs of 95°F, but there are compensations. There's a reason it was called Florida.

These were taken with my cell phone in front of our house, earlier today.

48193963947_0d5bf0129d_k.jpg

IMG_20190703_181936725_HDR

IMG_20190703_181918829

Those are good things about Florida.   

It's been so hot and humid and dry all at the same time here in NC that I've not gardened at all this year except for some succulents.   

I'm heartbroken to have not planted tomatoes this year.   Luckily, there's a little produce stand right up the road where I can get heirloom tomatoes.  They're becoming more difficult to find and tomatoes in the grocery store are as hard as rocks and have no flavor.  

I'm  threatening to plant a could of hummingbird vines and moon flowers, as it's still not too late.  Maybe today I'll take the plunge.

3 hours ago, Mindy09 said:

Those are good things about Florida.   

Flowery stuff just grows here. They even have a word for nice things growing that you didn't plant: volunteers.

But the insects, though.  Pest control companies here make a lot of money.

Also mice and rats, if you have fruit trees.  They like to sneak into the attic and eat the wiring up there.

Every now and then I see rabbits, big f***'in' turtles, possums, aardvarks, raccoons, and vultures which thrive on the carcasses of the rest. I haven't seen an alligator, but there are plenty. And I live in town, not out in the countryside.

I don't ever want to move.  :D

So called love bugs engaging in bug love. They were on the wall of my house. The mate and stay connected, even when flying.

Love bugs engaging in bug love.

15 hours ago, laripu said:

So called love bugs engaging in bug love. They were on the wall of my house. The mate and stay connected, even when flying.

Love bugs engaging in bug love.

They're lovely.     

If I could live in the Keys, I'd be happy in Florida.   

I don't get sunburned.

The area is perfect as far as I'm concerned.

It's the midland of Florida that I despise.