Sign in to follow this  
TheOldBarn

send in the Z team

nobody knew where the Z team members came from. just from everywhere, all over, it was said.

lot of people think they came from a different planet, some planet that started with the letter Z, or planet's name that started with a letter that made the Z sound.

they were mythic problem solvers. they were part of the grand fabric, always were here, some old timers would say. my mom was Z, and so too was my uncle bill, 

they came from India proper, the cradle. oh no, it was not India, and it was not Europe, they were here in the beginning. they are from here, have been here all this time.

they black guy who ran this barber shop that was quite profitable was old, he'd been around a long long time. he ran that barbershop of his back in the 1940's, and

he stood there in his way, now being over an hundred years of age, and said, nope. they were here before anyone.

they were here from Africa, they were here from America, they were here, originals, original thinkers, like the Egyptians, they were here, they were here like, the Chinese, 

they were here, like the Alaskan, the Navajo, they were the neolithic, the Pre-columbian, the Inca.

but what does any of that matter, now they are here.

yes they are. 

and it's time for the Z team to roll!

Peace!

nobody knew where the Z team members came from. just from everywhere, all over, it was said.

lot of people think they came from a different planet, some planet that started with the letter Z, or some planet's name that started with a letter that made the Z sound. at least until they come up with another, sound.

they were mythic problem solvers. they were part of the grand fabric, always were here, some old timers would say. my mom was Z, and so too was my uncle bill, 

they came from India proper, the cradle. oh no, it was not India, and it was not Europe, they were here in the beginning. they are from here, have been here all this time.

they black guy who ran this barber shop that was quite profitable was old, he'd been around a long long time. he ran that barbershop of his back in the 1940's, and

he stood there in his way, now being over an hundred years of age, and said, nope. they were here before anyone.

they were here from Africa, they were here from America, they were here, originals, original thinkers, like the Egyptians, they were here, they were here like, the Chinese, 

they were here, like the Alaskan, the Navajo, they were the neolithic, the Pre-columbian, the Inca.

but what does any of that matter, now they are here.

I just remember when I was a kid in the early 1960's at a family picnic, the old Victorian Style House in Detroit, I was maybe 5. They guy who owned the house, his family came from Poland. 

He grew up not too far from Pittsburgh, PA. He found his dad on the couch dead when he was a young boy, dead from black lung. 

Anyway, he grew up and transplanted himself and his brothers and his mom to Detroit. He should have been a major league baseball player because he had an unbelievable throwing arm. 

Instead, at the last minute, due to his mom, he went into the priesthood. But he got really sick one day in the seminary, and ended up in the hospital. When he woke up he met his wife, a nurse.

as luck would have it, he was brilliant at math. He decided to start his own pluming business which was successful. at the time of that picnic, when I was just a kid, I remember feeling sad when my hotdog fell onto the ground. He picked it up, put it back onto the grill, and then wrapped another one all special, in a couple of strips of bacon. it was the best hotdog I have ever had.

Later in the 1970's his business went broke. So he went and lived in Saudi Arabia for 5 long years making a lot of money. He came back and restarted his business. He was, as I said, brilliant. 

He raised 9 kids, they all worked the family business that gave a damn about people. They would fix your water heater even if you could not pay. he was part of the Z team.

the people who get things done. he died of pancreatic cancer. he, his name was Larry, had big mitts, or hands if you will. he was not thought to be a conservative nor a liberal. he was there during the race riots in 1967. they stuck it out in that old Victorian house where at one time the city streets were wide. they never gave up. 

yes they are, of good stock. I remember people who actually came from India, they were, they thought, American's first. they were people. if you knew what people wanted, people whose families came from Africa, and eventually all they wanted was half a chance, and they made it, somehow they did, you would understand only a part of their sacrifice.

and it's time for the Z team to roll!

It is long past time for the Z time. 

the Z party.  a casual onlooker would possibly say.

Peace!