laripu

The shameful treatment of blacks in America

This should be something that invites all Americans, every one of us, with deep shame.

A black hospital patient went on a walk with an IV drip. A security guard thought he was stealing medical equipment

I just can't help but be saddened but this, and thousands of other such instances. This really defines our country. Our freedoms are made into a pathetic sham.

absolutely. I saw this and I thought, wow. But you see a lot of things when you're as old as I am that make you go wow! 

I wish we could start somewhere with all Americans regarding a National dialogue on race. The end game is a better country. You could have said that a hundred years ago, you could have said it two hundred years ago, you could have said it in the beginning of this Nation. If we had, if they had, this would be a much better world. 

Laripu, you were talking about intelligence, and I was thinking the whole time, that the intelligence of this country as a whole, is not very high. 

We let stuff go on. It's not our fault, but it sometimes sure feels like it is.

Peace!

On 7/3/2019 at 6:22 PM, TheOldBarn said:

Laripu, you were talking about intelligence, and I was thinking the whole time, that the intelligence of this country as a whole, is not very high. 

On average, and in the normal distribution, we're not any stupider than any other country.

But culturally, we make a big deal about the importance of freedom of speech; therefore the stupid don't fear to express themselves on the internet; or on walls with paint. They amplify each other, they make each other feel part of a bigger whole, and are unashamed of their naked stupidity. In fact, they revel in it. Not only that, when they encounter actual smart people, they'll harass then with labels like 'nerd' abd 'geek'. In fact, Best Buy's techs are called the 'geek squad'.  https://www.bestbuy.com/site/services/geek-squad/

https://nypost.com/2019/01/17/stupid-people-are-loud-and-proud-study/

So we may not be any dumber than the rest, but we're louder, for now. Don't worry, the rest of the world is catching up.