Sign in to follow this  
NeoConvict

Burning the American flag is free speech, burning a rainbow pride flag is hate speech?

Progressive logic. Why are police investigating the burning of pride flags set alight on private property? Seems this would be a valid expression of free speech, as long as the flags are owned by those burning them.

5 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Progressive logic. Why are police investigating the burning of pride flags set alight on private property? Seems this would be a valid expression of free speech, as long as the flags are owned by those burning them.

The left can dish it out but can't take it.

If you know anything about the flag code...there is a proper way to burn the US flag.  Would you be bitching about someone burning a confederate flag? 

1 minute ago, DennisTheMenace said:

If you know anything about the flag code...there is a proper way to burn the US flag.  Would you be bitching about someone burning a confederate flag? 

Anyone can burn whatever flag they want so long as: 1) it is done on their private property and 2) it is their flag.  I really could care less about people buying a flag and then burning it.

Just now, DennisTheMenace said:

I believe there is a constitutional right to freedom of expression, particularly political expression. I am aware of the flag codes, was an eagle scout candidate. I don't agree with the notion of hate speech, it's antithetical to the constitution. If you own a flag of any type it's yours to dispose of as you see fit. Flag codes exist for those who want to show proper respect to the American flag. No such guidance is given for gay flags. 

2 hours ago, NeoConvict said:

I too question their logic, I don't understand their logic at times

You can burn the flag but its hate speech to burn a rainbow flag.

You can criticize and belittle Trump but if you said that about Obama you would be called "racist"

you can have B.E.T ( black entertainment television) Latin TV, Aboriginal/native American TV but you better not call your station White Entertainment TV as it is considered racists

You can be proud being black, gay, lesbian, Transgendered, Latino, Asian, but if you're proud of being an American who is white you're a scumbag racist

I really don't understand Progressive leftist logic.

Just now, chairmanOFTB said:

You can criticize and belittle Trump but if you said that about Obama you would be called "racist"

you can have B.E.T ( black entertainment television) Latin TV, Aboriginal/native American TV but you better not call your station White Entertainment TV as it is considered racists

You can be proud being black, gay, lesbian, Transgendered, Latino, Asian, but if you're proud of being an American who is white you're a scumbag racist

+1..

And you can kill a baby in a womb that has a heart beat but fight to the end to keep a serial killer alive...

1 hour ago, NeoConvict said:

I believe there is a constitutional right to freedom of expression, particularly political expression. I am aware of the flag codes, was an eagle scout candidate. I don't agree with the notion of hate speech, it's antithetical to the constitution. If you own a flag of any type it's yours to dispose of as you see fit. Flag codes exist for those who want to show proper respect to the American flag. No such guidance is given for gay flags. 

1 minute ago, chairmanOFTB said:

Two spot on posts...

2 hours ago, DennisTheMenace said:

I'm curious, you are okay with people burning the US Flag?

I'm not, I accept that it's their right, but It's my right to object to it as long as I do it peacefully.

Im for free speech, I may not like or agree with burning the US flag or any flag, ( except ISIS and Russia) 

I don't even encourage burning Rainbow flags, I wish that they didn't use "rainbow" as their symbol, as rainbows has nothing to with their movement, how about create your own flag for your cause and leave the "rainbow" out of it

Does skittles have to change their marketing brand about the rainbow? ( taste the rainbow or chase the rainbow) 

The OP brings up a good point. What is good for one is good for the other. I don't support or condone the burning of either but if that floats your boat then go for it.

58 minutes ago, chairmanOFTB said:

It is not illegal to use the phrase "White entertainment". You could also use "WASP Entertainment" or "Polish entertainment", but this would make it hard to find advertisers.\

No one has ever been arrested for hate speech for burning a rainbow flag.

Just now, XavierOnassis said:

It is not illegal to use the phrase "White entertainment". You could also use "WASP Entertainment" or "Polish entertainment", but this would make it hard to find advertisers.

Yeah....It's not illegal..

But try to start a "white entertainment" network

3 hours ago, NeoConvict said:

Why are police investigating the burning of pride flags set alight on private property? 

To those who do not have me on shun:

I would venture to guess the police are investigating some kind of incident because a complaint was lodged and they have to. The last thing the coppers need is some megasuperultraliberal, communist, obscure, to much time on their hands, legal ORG breathing down their necks...with a irrational legal case of hostility to a designated victim group.

I am for absolute Freedom of Speech / Freedom of Expression (There are exceptions to every rule) so if people want to burn any flag of their choice...if done in a legal manner why should they be stopped or penalized for it. I do not like to see any flag burnt (except terrorist groups) because it is such a representation of hate for all things under it...even those that are undeserving. (eg: A Iranian flag)

Thank you and God bless.

reberl%20flag_zpsclrs1k4b.png

4 hours ago, NeoConvict said:

An American burning an American flag is like burning a part of themselves.

A straight person burning a gay pride flag is like burning a part of someone else.

It's hateful to burn a symbol of something with no connection to yourself.

4 minutes ago, Toldya said:

A straight person burning a gay pride flag is like burning a part of someone else.

If someone allows an inanimate object to be "part" of them...they are in serious need of help.

While YOU may consider the statement I put in bold to be true, you are not the final arbiter on what is hateful for the country.

2 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

If someone allows an inanimate object to be "part" of them...they are in serious need of help.

While YOU may consider the statement I put in bold to be true, you are not the final arbiter on what is hateful for the country.

It's not just an inanimate object, it's a symbol.

Are you seriously this culturally illiterate?

3 minutes ago, Toldya said:

It's not just an inanimate object, it's a symbol.

Are you seriously this culturally illiterate?

What is the "symbol"?  The flag? Or is it the color scheme?  So it is hateful to burn a flag with that color scheme...because it is a symbol...but acceptable to burn a t-shirt with a rainbow flag imprinted on it?  How about a t-shirt with a peace sign that is rainbow colored?  Is that also a symbol.  Is it hateful to take the US flag and replace the red and white stripes with rainbow stripes?  I think that is defacing/degrading a national symbol.

I have an idea.  Why not accept the fact that people disagree with the way you choose to live your life, put you adult pants on and get on with your life.  If you want everyone to stay out of your bedroom...keep it in your bedroom.

27 minutes ago, Toldya said:

Hateful speech is a constitutional right. The concept of hate speech is unamerican. 

1 minute ago, BatteryPowered said:

What is the "symbol"?  The flag? Or is it the color scheme?  So it is hateful to burn a flag with that color scheme...because it is a symbol...but acceptable to burn a t-shirt with a rainbow flag imprinted on it?  How about a t-shirt with a peace sign that is rainbow colored?  Is that also a symbol.  Is it hateful to take the US flag and replace the red and white stripes with rainbow stripes?  I think that is defacing/degrading a national symbol.

I have an idea.  Why not accept the fact that people disagree with the way you choose to live your life, put you adult pants on and get on with your life.  If you want everyone to stay out of your bedroom...keep it in your bedroom.

I can't believe I have to explain this, but okay.

No, burning a rainbow colored t-shirt or a clown wig or something isn't inherently hateful, because neither of those have symbolic meaning.

A pride flag DOES have a symbolic meaning.

If you are burning a pride flag but you are oblivious to its meaning, then it isn't hateful... but then why would you even have one or burn it in the first place if you were oblivious to its meaning?

It isn't defacing the American flag to put rainbow stripes on it because when you do that it isn't the American flag anymore, it is the flag of gay America, which is not America as a whole. Everyone who actually thinks about these things as opposed to just getting offended because you don't get it understands this.

And waving a flag, wearing a button, etc... none of this stuff has anything to do with not keeping it in your bedroom. People who are not gay can still support gay people by wearing buttons or hats or waving flags or whatever. You are not talking about privacy, you are talking about repression. If you have an issue with oversexualized culture, maybe start with TV, movies, advertising... stuff like that. Or hey... maybe next time CrimeaRiver starts posting babes in a vain attempt to convince everyone he isn't gay, you can say 'STOP IT UR OFFENDING ME BY NOT KEEPING THIS IN UR BEDROOM.'

1 minute ago, NeoConvict said:

Hateful speech is a constitutional right. The concept of hate speech is unamerican. 

The concept of 'unAmerican' is like saying 'I have no rational argument here, so I will just bring up America'.

Just now, Toldya said:

I can't believe I have to explain this, but okay.

No, burning a rainbow colored t-shirt or a clown wig or something isn't inherently hateful, because neither of those have symbolic meaning.

A pride flag DOES have a symbolic meaning.

If you are burning a pride flag but you are oblivious to its meaning, then it isn't hateful... but then why would you even have one or burn it in the first place if you were oblivious to its meaning?

It isn't defacing the American flag to put rainbow stripes on it because when you do that it isn't the American flag anymore, it is the flag of gay America, which is not America as a whole. Everyone who actually thinks about these things as opposed to just getting offended because you don't get it understands this.

And waving a flag, wearing a button, etc... none of this stuff has anything to do with not keeping it in your bedroom. People who are not gay can still support gay people by wearing buttons or hats or waving flags or whatever. You are not talking about privacy, you are talking about repression. If you have an issue with oversexualized culture, maybe start with TV, movies, advertising... stuff like that. Or hey... maybe next time CrimeaRiver starts posting babes in a vain attempt to convince everyone he isn't gay, you can say 'STOP IT UR OFFENDING ME BY NOT KEEPING THIS IN UR BEDROOM.'

Sounds like thought crime. People have the freedom to "hate" the gay agenda and its goals, no?

3 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Sounds like thought crime. People have the freedom to "hate" the gay agenda and its goals, no?

Haven't you realized by now that liberals demand people be tolerant and accepting...as long as you agree with them.  If you disagree with them...all bets are off.  You better watch your ass.

4 hours ago, DennisTheMenace said:

Burning a Confederate Flag is sacrilege. 

There are good Rebels in the South who are plotting  how to plant the Confederate Flag on the moon.

I don't think it would that hard.  I mean, we are not  talking about rocket science here.    😉

5 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

Haven't you realized by now that liberals demand people be tolerant and accepting...as long as you agree with them.  If you disagree with them...all bets are off.  You better watch your ass.

It's "watch your cornhole" month. 😎 

I have no respect for the gay pride movement nor any of its symbology. Don't feel the urge to buy and burn one of their flags but don't believe doing so should be investigated as a crime.