slideman

the Republican healthcare plan

2 hours ago, DeepBreath said:

It’s a bad idea if it confiscates wages away from citizens own flesh and blood. 

How do you get around paying taxes?  If you do indeed pay taxes, is anything worth paying taxes for?

2 hours ago, DeepBreath said:

My responsibility to society does not magically go beyond the constitution itself. 

Why does your responsibility extend to what the constitution says?  The leaders selected in part by you in accordance with constitutional law have seen fit to confiscate your wages away from you.  Are you okay with that?  Do you enjoy any of the products or services that are the fruits of those confiscated wages?  Are you certain will will never need any sort of subsidized health care at anytime during your life?

One of the reasons I'm able to enjoy life as much as I do is because of the services the government is able to provide.  That the US government can provide so many services (like a strong military) is due to the very strong industrial base and GNP that enables a large amount of tax to be collected to finance those services.  What do you think?  Thank you.

35 minutes ago, Ranb said:

How do you get around paying taxes?  If you do indeed pay taxes, is anything worth paying taxes for?

Why does your responsibility extend to what the constitution says?  The leaders selected in part by you in accordance with constitutional law have seen fit to confiscate your wages away from you.  Are you okay with that?  Do you enjoy any of the products or services that are the fruits of those confiscated wages?  Are you certain will will never need any sort of subsidized health care at anytime during your life?

One of the reasons I'm able to enjoy life as much as I do is because of the services the government is able to provide.  That the US government can provide so many services (like a strong military) is due to the very strong industrial base and GNP that enables a large amount of tax to be collected to finance those services.  What do you think?  Thank you.

1. Taxes are paid to carry out the constitution. Our founders never intended our earnings be confiscated and handed to another. That’s not paying taxes. That’s wealth redistribution.....

2. False. Profit motive from capitalism is what brought you your way of life. Government takes away from the economy, not adds to it. 

7 minutes ago, DeepBreath said:

1. Taxes are paid to carry out the constitution. Our founders never intended our earnings be confiscated and handed to another. That’s not paying taxes. That’s wealth redistribution.....

2. False. Profit motive from capitalism is what brought you your way of life. Government takes away from the economy, not adds to it. 

why the u.s pays more for a lot less than every major developed country..

Image result for cartoons charity trump children

On 6/15/2019 at 2:57 PM, slideman said:

.The liberal immigration plan.

Just now, dontlooknow said:

I noticed how you had to change the subject. 

Did you also notice I was making a joke? Did you notice that part azzhat?

Just now, kfools said:

Did you also notice I was making a joke? Did you notice that part azzhat?

No I didn't. I thought you were being serious. Lol ok. I see now. 

42 minutes ago, DeepBreath said:

Our founders never intended our earnings be confiscated and handed to another.

This means you don't know a thing about the constitution.

Article 1 section 8

To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States; of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

45 minutes ago, DeepBreath said:

Think about that the next time you drive on a road you do not own, fly through a sky you do not control, buy a safe medecine you did not develop or whenever the military defends you.

While our government is far from perfect, how will you exist in a reasonable society without it?

1 minute ago, Ranb said:

Article 1 section 8

Yes but it says the taxes must be uniform. The income tax is graduated. 

1 minute ago, Ranb said:

Think about that the next time you drive on a road you do not own, fly through a sky you do not control, buy a safe medecine you did not develop or whenever the military defends you.

While our government is far from perfect, how will you exist in a reasonable society without it?

You can't. Limited government was always the goal. That said the military hasn't defended the United States since the civil war and the framers didn't want a standing army at all. So there is that.

6 minutes ago, kfools said:

Yes but it says the taxes must be uniform. The income tax is graduated. 

Non sequitur.  Deepbreath was referring to the founding fathers, as was I.  The income tax did not come about until 1909.

6 minutes ago, kfools said:

That said the military hasn't defended the United States since the civil war

Wrong.  The United States consists of far more than the 50 states.  Think about the battles in the US possessions and the people there we were defending. 

6 minutes ago, Ranb said:

Non sequitur.  Deepbreath was referring to the founding fathers, as was I.  The income tax did not come about until 1909.

Which is by far the highest tax on the public. Without it nobody would bitch about taxation. Everybody brings up roads. Who gives a phuck about the gas tax for roads it's nothing. 25% of my income is taxed and most people pay nothing. That's a problem. A big one. 

Wrong.  The United States consists of far more than the 50 states.  Think about the battles in the US possessions and the people there we were defending. 

Which ones? No territories come to mind. 

1 hour ago, IvanSirko said:

why the u.s pays more for a lot less than every major developed country..

Image result for cartoons charity trump children

False.

Whwn you compare healthcare by age, Americans pay about the same any other country does. It only skyrockets when they reach Medicare age. 

27 minutes ago, Ranb said:

Article 1 section 8

1. Yes? None of that refers to unearned or earned welfare entitlements, dummy. 

The general welfare referred to infrastructure not food stamps....

2. Defense is an actual constitutional obligation for the federal government.

3. The argument isn’t taxes or government, idiot.

The argument is the federal government was never intended to take earnings from one citizen and hand to another. That’s not taxes. That’s wealth redistribution. 

16 minutes ago, kfools said:

Which ones? No territories come to mind. 

I said possessions, not territories.  Ever heard of Wake Island or Midway Island?

6 minutes ago, DeepBreath said:

False.

Whwn you compare healthcare by age, Americans pay about the same any other country does. It only skyrockets when they reach Medicare age. 

Image result for cartoon u.s healthcare

False.

8 minutes ago, DeepBreath said:

False.

10 minutes ago, DeepBreath said:

hwn you compare healthcare by age, Americans pay about the same any other country does. It only skyrockets when they reach Medicare age. 

hwn you compare healthcare by age, Americans pay about the same any other country does. It only skyrockets when they reach Medicare age. 

The argument is the federal government was never intended to take earnings from one citizen and hand to another. That’s not taxes. That’s wealth redistribution. 

How is wealth redistribution accomplished without taxes?  I think you're confused. 

Just now, Ranb said:

How is wealth redistribution accomplished without taxes?  I think you're confused. 

We didn’t institute our government to redistribute wealth, dummy. 

1 minute ago, IvanSirko said:

6 minutes ago, Ranb said:

I said possessions, not territories.  Ever heard of Wake Island or Midway Island?

Well then that's meaningless. You might make the case these places were in our interest to defend but they were not the 50 states nor our territories. I would argue that I don't give a phuck about them, and wish the Germans had won world war two. 

Just now, DeepBreath said:

Ya, we kinda did. 

Land is actual wealth. Jefferson himself broke land baronies. Not redistribution of wealth the way libs want it [take from anybody who has money] but it was still wealth redistribution. 

3 minutes ago, DeepBreath said:

I'm asking you for an explanation about how wealth is redistributed.  You are only replying with more evasion.  Insults do not support your position either.  Have you already given up?

Just now, Ranb said:

I'm asking you for an explanation about how wealth is redistributed.  You are only replying with more evasion.  Insults do not support your position either.  Have you already given up?