Sign in to follow this  
Phoenix68

Electric Vehicles Will Lack Torque??

5 hours ago, Debs said:

Skans you MORON.  When you see those Raliroad locomotives? They have diesel engines too ALL those diesel engines do is make ELECTRICITY to run the motors that pull the trains

This is true. they are Diesel-electric. He's got you there.

6 hours ago, Skans said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whhhhooooooa - who said anything about a diesel electric locomotive engine?  The ship in the photo, which we were discussing.......

punishment-slap-smiley-emoticon.gif

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whhhhooooooa.....you dodged to discussing the ship.....rather than the actual subject-matter; the torque delivered by a rail-gun, with only electricity as the "charge".

You've pretty-OBVIOUSLY have no experience with linear-motors, either.

Why'd you (even) bother to "open your mouth".....only to display your stupidity on either subject???  searching-smiley-emoticon.gif

13 hours ago, DeepBreath said:

Jesus, libtards would fuck up a wet dream

Conservatives could fukk up an empty room.

7 hours ago, Phoenix68 said:

You've pretty-OBVIOUSLY have no experience with linear-motors, either

Or science in general.

It's a conservative thing.

18 minutes ago, Squatchman said:

Or science in general.

I have never seen anybody claim electric vehicles lacked torque so pretty sure this is a strawman. Friend owns a little Nissan leaf and its 0 to 60 speed is on par with a Corvette or Porsche. Torque is not the issue, it's range and the environmental impact of strip mining for the rare earth elements needed for the batteries. Those are the criticisms I have seen. Electric cars are fun but the tech needs some refinement. 

51 minutes ago, guilluamezenz said:

isnt it the other way round?

A few yrs. back, gas went to $4/gal., under Obama.  I said, "f/this".  I went out and bought an electric-bike kit.  

It worked.  20mph--20mi. range.  A lot like a golf-cart.

Every day I would ride it down to the con.-store and buy a 6-pack of beer and a bag of Doritos.  

Zero gas bill.  Electric can be very viable in a multitude of situations.      🙂

2 minutes ago, Taipan said:

A few yrs. back, gas went to $4/gal., under Obama.  I said, "f/this".  I went out and bought an electric-bike kit.  

It worked.  20mph--20mi. range.  A lot like a golf-cart.

Every day I would ride it down to the con.-store and buy a 6-pack of beer and a bag of Doritos.  

Zero gas bill.  Electric can be very viable in a multitude of situations.      🙂

4$ back ghome it more like 12$ and should be here, americans are destroying the planet

3 minutes ago, guilluamezenz said:

4$ back ghome it more like 12$ and should be here, americans are destroying the planet

The poor Mexican landscaper can barely afford $2.50/gal. for his 40yr.-old pick-up.  If gas goes to $12 will he be out of business? 

Yes, but he won't starve.  He, and his family, will go get food-stamps and welfare debit cards. 

Then they will go back to their air-conditioned home and watch 200 channels of Satellite TV. 

Isn't America...….just wonderful???      😊

22 minutes ago, Taipan said:

The poor Mexican landscaper can barely afford $2.50/gal. for his 40yr.-old pick-up.  If gas goes to $12 will he be out of business? 

Yes, but he won't starve.  He, and his family, will go get food-stamps and welfare debit cards

Then they will go back to their air-conditioned home and watch 200 channels of Satellite TV. 

Isn't America...….just wonderful???      😊

public transport is what we used and bicycles i do beleive they have landscapers in europehttps://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=landscaping&find_loc=Amsterdam%2C+Noord-Holland

3 hours ago, guilluamezenz said:

Americans contribute less than 15% of humanities greenhouse gasses according to any reports I have seen. America offshores its rape of mother gaia.

11 hours ago, Squatchman said:

Or science in general.

Says the RETARD that fights economic principles DAILY. 😂

On 6/14/2019 at 1:58 PM, Skans said:

tenor.gif

Ummmmmm, call me dumb, but that particular Navy Ship runs on four MTU 20V8000 M71L diesel engines......NOT electricity!  Oh, and before you let your fingertips make even more mistakes, the only thing in the picture that has any "torque" is the JHSV ship.  Rail guns do not have torque.

On 6/14/2019 at 3:01 PM, Phoenix68 said:

relaxing-outside-smiley-emoticon.gif

O.K., Goober Jr.....see if you can digest a more-archaic/earlier concept.

"High-acceleration linear motors have been suggested for a number of uses."

On 6/14/2019 at 3:30 PM, BatteryPowered said:

6311962-baby-with-jumper-cables-held-to-

Why should he bother...you have already proven yourself to be a stupid POS.

electric-dump-truck-main.jpg?w=800

Electric Dump Truck Produces More Energy Than It Uses

August 22, 2019

"Electric vehicles are everywhere now. It’s more than just Leafs, Teslas, and a wide variety of electric bikes. It’s also trains, busses, and in this case, gigantic dump trucks.

The article claims that this is the largest electric vehicle in the world at 110 tons, and although we were not able to find anything larger except the occasional electric train, this is still an impressive feat of engineering that shows that electric vehicles have a lot more utility than novelties or simple passenger vehicles."

moon-from-car.gifmoon-from-car.gifabbie_hoffman.jpg?w=600moon-from-car.gifmoon-from-car.gif

On 6/14/2019 at 4:56 PM, DeepBreath said:

A RAIL GUN isn't an electric vehicle and a ridiculous example of what the actual title of the thread was referring to.

slapping.gif

"China could have the world’s most powerful naval gun by 2025, according to a U.S. intelligence report.

China is testing a ship-mounted railgun “capable of striking a target 124 miles away at speeds of up to 1.6 miles per second,” according to CNBC, citing anonymous sources familiar with the report."

Assume that you are changing the tire on your car with the lug wrench.

You grab the end of the wrench, and push down with a 10 pound force.

The wrench is 2 feet long.

The torque applied to the lug nut is 10 pounds acting at a 2 foot lever length = 20 foot-pounds.

Torque, by definition, is only a rotational measure.