Sign in to follow this  
Phoenix68

Electric Vehicles Will Lack Torque??

Ummmmmm, call me dumb, but that particular Navy Ship runs on four MTU 20V8000 M71L diesel engines......NOT electricity!  Oh, and before you let your fingertips make even more mistakes, the only thing in the picture that has any "torque" is the JHSV ship.  Rail guns do not have torque. 

53 minutes ago, Skans said:

tenor.gif

Ummmmmm, call me dumb, but that particular Navy Ship runs on four MTU 20V8000 M71L diesel engines......NOT electricity!  Oh, and before you let your fingertips make even more mistakes, the only thing in the picture that has any "torque" is the JHSV ship.  Rail guns do not have torque.

relaxing-outside-smiley-emoticon.gif

O.K., Goober Jr.....see if you can digest a more-archaic/earlier concept.

"High-acceleration linear motors have been suggested for a number of uses."

29 minutes ago, Phoenix68 said:

relaxing-outside-smiley-emoticon.gif

O.K., Goober Jr.....see if you can digest a more-archaic/earlier concept.

Why should he bother...you have already proven yourself to be a stupid POS.

Skans you MORON.  When you see those Raliroad locomotives? They have diesel engines too ALL those diesel engines do is make ELECTRICITY to run the motors that pull the trains

1 hour ago, Skans said:

OK, Skank........you're dumb.....really, really dumb.....if you can't understand the obvious fact that the rail gun pictured in the OP is powered by "electricity" from the generators connected to the diesel engines. No one was talking about how the ship is powered through the water, moron.

That said, the use of the word "torque" in this context is perhaps not quite accurate. A rail gun uses magnetic linear acceleration to speed a projectile down the barrel of the gun. 'Torque' specifically refers to the creation of rotationsl movment, as in a motor, either electric or fuel powered. However, the point was that if the magnets in the rail gun can accelerate a shell to mach 7, then the magnets in the motors of electric cars can easily produce the torque to cause a high rate of acceleration. Which is an observed fact familiar to all electric car owners. Electric cars can beat pretty much any other car in quickly accelerating from a stoplight. The torque is immediate and very powerful.

Read this, if you're still unclear on that concept.

Torque on a Current Loop: Motors and Meters

37 minutes ago, Debs said:

Skans you MORON.  When you see those Raliroad locomotives? They have diesel engines too ALL those diesel engines do is make ELECTRICITY to run the motors that pull the trains

Meaning what you MORON? You still got to run a fossil fuel engine to run the electric motors.

That you are too STUPID to understand the OBVIOUS point that a diesel engine making only ELECTRICITY to use for great torque like a Locomotive engine means that ELECTRICITY can create great torque means you are too STUPID to even be in this conversation what else do I need to tell you? that fossil fuel diesel engine could easily be replaced by a fuel cell

It is just SAD that adults have to dumb down every point to the level that a not very bright five year old can understand it so Treason Monkeys can even BE in the conversation. GOD you Treason Monkeys are STUPID

Uh....Who ever said that to begin with? Anyone familiar with electric cars knows you have access to basically instant torque, unlike conventional drive trains.....

Although I still prefer my 470 lbs torque generated by a 3.5L twin turbo. Sounds better. 😂 

And it makes you libtards cry being fossil fuel powered. Anytime I see one of you morons, I floor it just to "*trigger* you. 

53 minutes ago, Debs said:

Skans you MORON.  When you see those Raliroad locomotives?

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whhhhooooooa - who said anything about a diesel electric locomotive engine?  The ship in the photo, which we were discussing, runs on four MTU 20V8000 M71L diesel engines - NOT diesel electric locomotive engines.  Please!  Try to keep up, if you are going to participate.

3 minutes ago, Debs said:

That you are too STUPID to understand the OBVIOUS point that a diesel engine making only ELECTRICITY to use for great torque like a Locomotive engine means that ELECTRICITY can create great torque means you are too STUPID to even be in this conversation what else do I need to tell you? that fossil fuel diesel engine could easily be replaced by a fuel cell

It is just SAD that adults have to dumb down every point to the level that a not very bright five year old can understand it so Treason Monkeys can even BE in the conversation. GOD you Treason Monkeys are STUPID

I think we ALL with a brain can agree that the idiotic, uneducated typical leftist OP did a piss poor job of giving an example of an electric vehicle with great torque.....

So SHUT YOUR FUCKING mouth before I slap the taste out of it. 

26 minutes ago, ConConfounder said:

That said, the use of the word "torque" in this context is perhaps not quite accurate. A rail gun uses magnetic linear acceleration to speed a projectile down the barrel of the gun. 'Torque' specifically refers to the creation of rotationsl movment, as in a motor, either electric or fuel powered. However, the point was that if the magnets in the rail gun can accelerate a shell to mach 7, then the magnets in the motors of electric cars can easily produce the torque to cause a high rate of acceleration. Which is an observed fact familiar to all electric car owners. Electric cars can beat pretty much any other car in quickly accelerating from a stoplight. The torque is immediate and very powerful.

I did not feel the need to go into that amount of detail as it is obviously way over the head of Phoenix.  In any event, you said the same thing I said, just using more words.

1 minute ago, Skans said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whhhhooooooa - who said anything about a diesel electric locomotive engine?  The ship in the photo, which we were discussing, runs on four MTU 20V8000 M71L diesel engines - NOT diesel electric locomotive engines.  Please!  Try to keep up, if you are going to participate.

Not to mention the IDIOT in the OP was referring to electric vehicles in his thread title......🤣

Jesus, libtards would fuck up a wet dream......

1 minute ago, DeepBreath said:

Jesus, libtards would fuck up a wet dream......

LOL!:D

GOD you are stupid. Diesel engines making electricity for the rail gun is the same thing as them making electricity for pulling the train the POINT is they are powered by ELECTRICITY.  The diesel engines COULD easily be traded off for Fuel cells either way since what is doing the WORK in both the rail gun and the railROAD is in the end ELECTRICITY

6 minutes ago, Debs said:

GOD you are stupid. Diesel engines making electricity for the rail gun is the same thing as them making electricity for pulling the train the POINT is they are powered by ELECTRICITY.  The diesel engines COULD easily be traded off for Fuel cells either way since what is doing the WORK in both the rail gun and the railROAD is in the end ELECTRICITY

Ummmmmmm, call me dumb, but the principles behind how a diesel electric locomotive engine produces power and how electric power is used to propel an object in a rail gun are completely different with the exception that electricity is used in both systems.

It's like saying that a jet engine is the same thing as an internal combustion diesel engine because they both use diesel-like petroleum and O2 for power.

OK yes you ARE stupid.  Apparently too STUPID to know what the TOPIC is what the issue OF the topic is and so STUPID you BORE me. Adults find it BORING to dumb down every lilttle thing and explain EVERY DETAIL taking you moronic Treason Monkeys by the hand and leading you through a point any reasonably bright five year old would understand immediatly so either are mentally retarded or something or you are sealinoning me like the petty troll PUNK you are. Either way you BORE me so enough and GFY

A RAIL GUN isn't an electric vehicle and a ridiculous example of what the actual title of the thread was referring to. 

Why are you trying to defend the retarded stupidity of your fellow lefties?????🤣

DeVRY GFY your STUPIDITY and psychotic hostility are just BORING. He admitted it wasnt a good example of torque which is why I suggested the Railroad locomotive which is a better example of torgue OBVIOUSLY if electricity could not develop lots of torque locomotoives would not use them so GFY PUNK

10 minutes ago, Debs said:

OK yes you ARE stupid.  Apparently too STUPID to know what the TOPIC is what the issue OF the topic is and so STUPID you BORE me. Adults find it BORING to dumb down every lilttle thing and explain EVERY DETAIL taking you moronic Treason Monkeys by the hand and leading you through a point any reasonably bright five year old would understand immediatly so either are mentally retarded or something or you are sealinoning me like the petty troll PUNK you are. Either way you BORE me so enough and GFY

th?id=OIP.u9sg13-Z6Y1brVWLLiyvwwAAAA%26p

GFY sealion.  You pathetic trolls think acting like petty childish PUNKS is clever because you are too STUPID to actually be in an adult discussion So you are a PUNK good for you

GFY sealion.  You pathetic trolls think acting like petty childish PUNKS is clever because you are too STUPID to actually be in an adult discussion So you are a PUNK good for you

il_340x270.1296264053_6fj1.jpg

You BORE me. You are done sealioning me. I am done READING your stupidity you admitted you are just a PUNK being a PUNK so GFY

Electric motors make max torque at 0 rpm

Peenics is @ moron because h3 constructed a straw man argument assum8ng  people smarter than him didn’t know that about electric cars. 

Electric motors RUN Locomotives and pull trains you pathetic brainwashed MORONS. GOD Treason Monkeys are STUPID