Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
leftwinger

Why Pelosi is Wrong on Impeachment

Recommended Posts

Most recently, the speaker has said she wants to see Trump in prison, not impeached — meaning beat him next year and then indict. But this is a silly attempt to show toughness.

 

Whether Trump ever goes to prison is beside the constitutional and political point. He is unfit for office. He has abused his power. He has violated his oath. The Constitution affords the remedy. Talk about prison is a distraction.

 

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/pelosi-is-wrong-democrats-must-open-an-impeachment-inquiry-without-delay/2019/06/13/0ca2160c-8e10-11e9-adf3-f70f78c156e8_story.html?utm_term=.47a482a4b28c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Eight weeks after the release of the redacted Mueller report, the central question of whether to open a formal impeachment inquiry remains unanswered, with the vitality of our democracy at a crossroads.

 

The pillars of that democracy are a strong Congress, a vibrantly free press, an independent judiciary, law enforcement without political manipulation and a foundational commitment to the truth. President Trump is attacking every one of these pillars repeatedly, forcefully and with malice aforethought."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

"Eight weeks after the release of the redacted Mueller report, the central question of whether to open a formal impeachment inquiry remains unanswered, with the vitality of our democracy at a crossroads.

 

The pillars of that democracy are a strong Congress, a vibrantly free press, an independent judiciary, law enforcement without political manipulation and a foundational commitment to the truth. President Trump is attacking every one of these pillars repeatedly, forcefully and with malice aforethought."

Can't even get small committees in the house to advance articles of impeachment. Looks like this will be yet another let down. My condolences. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NeoConvict said:

Can't even get small committees in the house to advance articles of impeachment. Looks like this will be yet another let down. My condolences. 

 

You are a traitor to the US.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

 

And a moron.

Hey Butt Hammer.....so you change the "text" to get your way...topically SF......now BMB!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

Most recently, the speaker has said she wants to see Trump in prison, not impeached — meaning beat him next year and then indict. But this is a silly attempt to show toughness.

 

Whether Trump ever goes to prison is beside the constitutional and political point. He is unfit for office. He has abused his power. He has violated his oath. The Constitution affords the remedy. Talk about prison is a distraction.

 

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/pelosi-is-wrong-democrats-must-open-an-impeachment-inquiry-without-delay/2019/06/13/0ca2160c-8e10-11e9-adf3-f70f78c156e8_story.html?utm_term=.47a482a4b28c

 

Because Impeachment is different from being indicted on criminal charges, you know this as youve mentioned this a few times in previous posts

 

Impeachment is the option available to remove a sitting president

being indicted is another.

 

If her goal is to  have him indicted and imprisoned than Impeachment is the option, but getting a 3/4 senate to convict and remove Trump is goilng to be extremely difficult without a smoking gun

Knowing he committed a crime without proof is next to impossible, just asked the FBI on how many times they tried to get Chicago Outfit boss Tony Accardo , they tried when he was Underboss, then Boss, then retired and Accardo died in his own bed without spending one day in prison.

 

If Trump is as dumb and moronic as you leftist believes then convicting him should be a piece of cake right? 

so either people underestimated Trump or he is master criminal genius and the chances of convicting him is zero, nada and zip.

 

So which is it, is Trump the Teflon Don the Big tuna as they used call Accardo or is Trump the biggest stooge and is about to be taken down? or maybe he just didnt conspire with Russia( as Mueller has said in his report)  you would think two years investigation and they have enough evidence to force him resign

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, leftwinger said:

 

Whatever that is, I like Hammering Butt, it's Okay.

WOW!!....thanks for that tip. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chairmanOFTB said:

you would think two years investigation and they have enough evidence to force him resign

 

There is enough evidence to impeach President Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, leftwinger said:

 

You're a faggot looking for gay sex. Wrong forum. Back to ignore with you troll.

'Run Lefty Run'

 

forrest gump running GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

 

There is enough evidence to impeach President Trump.

 

so you say, but the House Judiciary committee isn't acting on it

 

why is that?

 

what is the problem if you have enough why don't they impeach and take their chances with the senate.

 

they did with Clinton, they did with Nixon except he saw the writing on the wall and resigned like the rat bastard that he was

 

And in Andrew Johnson case , well that was political and skullduggery was the norm back then  so that doesn't count 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In short, the time of reckoning is upon us. Of course, there are risks in moving forward, but the risks of not doing so are greater. Taking into account principle, precedent and politics, the House should open an impeachment inquiry, upholding its separate but equal power to do its sworn duty. Now is a moment for clarity, toughness and spine. History is watching.

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/pelosi-is-wrong-democrats-must-open-an-impeachment-inquiry-without-delay/2019/06/13/0ca2160c-8e10-11e9-adf3-f70f78c156e8_story.html?utm_term=.47a482a4b28c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chairmanOFTB said:

so you say, but the House Judiciary committee isn't acting on it

 

why is that?

 

They are deferring to Speaker Pelosi. This is what the thread is about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leftwinger is quickly turning into Debs. Pretty soon he will be gibbering about treason MONKEYS in all caps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NeoConvict said:

Leftwinger is quickly turning into Debs. Pretty soon he will be gibbering about treason MONKEYS in all caps.

 

I post news articles and discuss them. What are you doing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Leftwinger is quickly turning into Debs. Pretty soon he will be gibbering ...

 

He already is, NC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, leftwinger said:

 

I post news articles and discuss them. What are you doing?

I post responses only to have them edited with homophobic insults and the reply unaddressed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

 

They are deferring to Speaker Pelosi. This is what the thread is about.

 

yes Im aware of that, but like I said Nancy Pelosi is smart enough to know Impeachment is a waste of time, she sees the bigger picture.

 

what is the point of impeaching someone if you cant convict someone.

 

Lets say she caves in and said go for it, no doubt the house can impeach, they have the votes,  then the fun part starts in the Senate

 

Good luck getting a republican congress to vote to convict a republican president  especially when re election is looming.

 

Don't know why you cant see it, convicting Trump is political and Pelosi knows there isn't enough senators to flip on Trump you need 3/4 of the house to do so

Amash , Romney and other anti trumpsters can rail out they want they are a minority and cant get things done.

 

She believes that Trump has committed crimes and believes the voters will vote him out in 2020 then the SDNY can nail Trump because its within the 5 year statue, if he gets re elected in 2020 they cant touch  him after he leaves office.

 

She knows by impeaching him will hand Trump a victory in 2020

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chairmanOFTB said:

what is the point of impeaching someone if you cant convict someone.

 

I've explained that many times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...