Sign in to follow this  
drvoke

New York ends religious exemption to vaccine mandate for schoolchildren

Related image

So you would like to claim a religious exemption for your child to not get vaccinated? DENIED! No one gives a sh*t what fairy tales you believe in. If you want your kid to go to school in this school system YOU WILL GET YOUR SHOTS. PERIOD. Tell you what, go home and say a prayer to see if that will change my mind. See how that works out for you. We are not going to endanger the health of children with sane parents because of your mangy brat. F*ck off.

State lawmakers vote to repeal exemption amid country’s worst measles outbreak in decades

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jun/13/new-york-vaccines-measles-religion

(Full article at above link)

New York eliminated the religious exemption to vaccine requirements for schoolchildren Thursday, as the country’s worst measles outbreak in decades prompts states to reconsider giving parents ways to opt out of immunization rules.

The Democratic-led state senate and assembly voted Thursday to repeal the exemption, which allows parents to cite religious beliefs to forego getting their child the vaccines required for school enrollment.

Governor Andrew Cuomo, a Democrat, signed the measure minutes after the final vote. The law takes effect immediately but will give unvaccinated students up to 30 days after they enter a school to show they’ve had the first dose of each required immunization.

The issue is hotly contested and debate around it has often been emotional, pitting cries that religious freedom is being curtailed against warnings that public health is being endangered. After the vote in the assembly, many of those watching from the gallery erupted in cries of “shame!” One woman yelled obscenities down to the lawmakers below.

“If you choose to not vaccinate your child, therefore potentially endangering other children ... then you’re the one choosing not to send your children to school.”

Hundreds of parents of unvaccinated children gathered at New York’s Capitol to protest against the vote.

Stan Yung, a Long Island attorney and father, said his Russian Orthodox religious views and health concerns about vaccines would prevent him from vaccinating his three young children. His family, he said, might consider leaving the state. (Get the f*ck out.-drvoke)

“People came to this country to get away from exactly this kind of stuff,” Yung said ahead of Thursday’s votes.

Supporters of the bill say religious beliefs about vaccines shouldn’t eclipse scientific evidence that they work.

“I’m old enough to have been around when polio was a real threat,” said the Assemblywoman Deborah Glick of Manhattan. “I believe in science ... Your personal opinions, which may be based on junk science, do not trump the greater good.”

Cuomo told reporters on Wednesday that he believed public health – and the need to protect those who cannot get vaccinated for medical reasons – outweighed the concerns about religious freedom.

“I understand freedom of religion,” he said. “I have heard the anti-vaxxers’ theory, but I believe both are overwhelmed by the public health risk.”

The majority of cases are from outbreaks in New York in Orthodox Jewish communities. (Religion yet again. sigh.-drvoke)

California removed personal belief vaccine exemptions for children in both public and private schools in 2015

Even though I think not vaccinating your child is stupid...I predict this will get overturned in court.  States cannot simply ignore the US constitution.

3 minutes ago, drvoke said:

Related image

So you would like to claim a religious exemption for your child to not get vaccinated? DENIED! No one gives a sh*t what fairy tales you believe in. If you want your kid to go to school in this school system YOU WILL GET YOUR SHOTS. PERIOD. Tell you what, go home and say a prayer to see if that will change my mind. See how that works out for you. We are not going to endanger the health of children with sane parents because of your mangy brat. F*ck off.

State lawmakers vote to repeal exemption amid country’s worst measles outbreak in decades

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jun/13/new-york-vaccines-measles-religion

New York eliminated the religious exemption to vaccine requirements for schoolchildren Thursday, as the country’s worst measles outbreak in decades prompts states to reconsider giving parents ways to opt out of immunization rules.

The Democratic-led state senate and assembly voted Thursday to repeal the exemption, which allows parents to cite religious beliefs to forego getting their child the vaccines required for school enrollment.

Governor Andrew Cuomo, a Democrat, signed the measure minutes after the final vote. The law takes effect immediately but will give unvaccinated students up to 30 days after they enter a school to show they’ve had the first dose of each required immunization.

The issue is hotly contested and debate around it has often been emotional, pitting cries that religious freedom is being curtailed against warnings that public health is being endangered. After the vote in the assembly, many of those watching from the gallery erupted in cries of “shame!” One woman yelled obscenities down to the lawmakers below.

“If you choose to not vaccinate your child, therefore potentially endangering other children ... then you’re the one choosing not to send your children to school.”

Hundreds of parents of unvaccinated children gathered at New York’s Capitol to protest against the vote.

Stan Yung, a Long Island attorney and father, said his Russian Orthodox religious views and health concerns about vaccines would prevent him from vaccinating his three young children. His family, he said, might consider leaving the state. (Get the f*ck out.-drvoke)

“People came to this country to get away from exactly this kind of stuff,” Yung said ahead of Thursday’s votes.

Supporters of the bill say religious beliefs about vaccines shouldn’t eclipse scientific evidence that they work.

“I’m old enough to have been around when polio was a real threat,” said the Assemblywoman Deborah Glick of Manhattan. “I believe in science ... Your personal opinions, which may be based on junk science, do not trump the greater good.”

Cuomo told reporters on Wednesday that he believed public health – and the need to protect those who cannot get vaccinated for medical reasons – outweighed the concerns about religious freedom.

“I understand freedom of religion,” he said. “I have heard the anti-vaxxers’ theory, but I believe both are overwhelmed by the public health risk.”

The majority of cases are from outbreaks in New York in Orthodox Jewish communities. (Religion yet again. sigh.-drvoke)

California removed personal belief vaccine exemptions for children in both public and private schools in 2015

It'll be struck down by the Supreme Court as well it should be. 

3 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

Even though I think not vaccinating your child is stupid...I predict this will get overturned in court.  States cannot simply ignore the US constitution.

If you can't FORCE someone to get a life saving blood transfusion you sure as hell can't force them to get a vaccine. 

This will be short lived. 

they will always have the option of placing their kids in non-public religious schools. government can't do $hit about it, then.

43 minutes ago, lewstherin said:

they will always have the option of placing their kids in non-public religious schools. government can't do $hit about it, then.

That won't be necessary.  As long as the law states the kid must attend school, they cannot deny them access to public schools based on their religious beliefs.

15 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

That won't be necessary.  As long as the law states the kid must attend school, they cannot deny them access to public schools based on their religious beliefs.

yeah. plus i forgot most states aren't like indiana. we have the voucher system here. that's how my kid goes to private school. 

i guess parents in most states don't have that option.

19 hours ago, DeepBreath said:

If you can't FORCE someone to get a life saving blood transfusion you sure as hell can't force them to get a vaccine. 

This will be short lived. 

You should be able to. If not, the parents should be charged with negligent homicide.

1 minute ago, drvoke said:

You should be able to. If not, the parents should be charged with negligent homicide.

No, you shouldn’t. Do you think it’s a mistake the 1st amendment is 1st. Y accident? 

Don’t like the constitution, get out. 

16 minutes ago, DeepBreath said:

No, you shouldn’t. Do you think it’s a mistake the 1st amendment is 1st. Y accident? 

Don’t like the constitution, get out. 

The Constitution shouldn't be an excuse for a dumbass to kill their kids. The child should not be at the mercy of religious retards. If medical treatment is denied on religious grounds and the child dies, the parents should be beaten to death with an aluminum baseball bat.

19 hours ago, drvoke said:

How is my unvaccinated child endangering your vaccinated one?

Summer camps aren't letting unvaccinated kids go to camp anymore.

Pretty soon theme parks and other family venues won't be letting these disease ridden kids in either.

anyone who advocates in any way for these border jumping disease infested migrants to enter the country?

should have zero input on vaccinations or anything else, really. because that's where all the disease is coming from in 

the first place.

DeVry you are an IDIOT. You are not forcing THEM to do anything. They dont have to GET the vaccination their kid just doesnt get to go to the public school and ENDANGER all the OTHER childrens lives if they DONT

1 hour ago, Debs said:

DeVry you are an IDIOT. You are not forcing THEM to do anything. They dont have to GET the vaccination their kid just doesnt get to go to the public school and ENDANGER all the OTHER childrens lives if they DONT

Hey retard!
How long you going to run from my question?

8 hours ago, Chuck! said:

How is my unvaccinated child endangering your vaccinated one?

good its nonsesne the non vacinated have caused deadly problems and there are no provable harms of vaccines they save millions of lives

1 hour ago, Chuck! said:

Hey retard!
How long you going to run from my question?

Some people ask the question, “If vaccines work, why do unvaccinated people present a risk to those who have been vaccinated?” Two simple facts contribute to this answer. First: Vaccines aren’t 100 percent effective. So even some people who are vaccinated will still be at risk. Second: The greater the number of unvaccinated people in a community, the more opportunity germs have to spread. This means outbreaks are more difficult to stem and everyone is at greater risk of exposure — including vaccinated people.Some people ask the question, “If vaccines work, why do unvaccinated people present a risk to those who have been vaccinated?” Two simple facts contribute to this answer. First: Vaccines aren’t 100 percent effective. So even some people who are vaccinated will still be at risk. Second: The greater the number of unvaccinated people in a community, the more opportunity germs have to spread. This means outbreaks are more difficult to stem and everyone is at greater risk of exposure — including vaccinated people.https://www.chop.edu/news/feature-article-if-vaccines-work-why-do-unvaccinated-people-pose-risk

1 hour ago, guilluamezenz said:

Some people ask the question, “If vaccines work, why do unvaccinated people present a risk to those who have been vaccinated?” Two simple facts contribute to this answer. First: Vaccines aren’t 100 percent effective. So even some people who are vaccinated will still be at risk. Second: The greater the number of unvaccinated people in a community, the more opportunity germs have to spread. This means outbreaks are more difficult to stem and everyone is at greater risk of exposure — including vaccinated people.Some people ask the question, “If vaccines work, why do unvaccinated people present a risk to those who have been vaccinated?” Two simple facts contribute to this answer. First: Vaccines aren’t 100 percent effective. So even some people who are vaccinated will still be at risk. Second: The greater the number of unvaccinated people in a community, the more opportunity germs have to spread. This means outbreaks are more difficult to stem and everyone is at greater risk of exposure — including vaccinated people.https://www.chop.edu/news/feature-article-if-vaccines-work-why-do-unvaccinated-people-pose-risk

this means you have no faith in your vaccines, plain and simple. and the fact remains...the only reason these diseases are

making a comeback is because the influx of migrant populations. so anyone who supports illegal immigration in any way? your

children DESERVE to die.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 7:02 AM, drvoke said:

Related image

wow...yer seriously down with corporate fascism....wonder what the supreme court thinks..

3 hours ago, Debs said:

Show me where a state can discriminate against someone because of their religious beliefs.

24 minutes ago, lewstherin said:

this means you have no faith in your vaccines, plain and simple. and the fact remains...the only reason these diseases are

making a comeback is because the influx of migrant populations. so anyone who supports illegal immigration in any way? your

children DESERVE to die.

preach it my rabi….I meant that in a "my ni66a" kinda way...

Just now, BatteryPowered said:

Show me where a state can discriminate against someone because of their religious beliefs.

apparently the bill of rights dont extend to new york

1 hour ago, lewstherin said:

children DESERVE to die.

vaccines eliminated these diseases ask any doctor, obviously no one in your family is from a medical backround the whole immigrants bring disease is absolutely an ugly myth uneducated people lke you spread disease

Migrants don't bring disease. In fact, they help fight it, report says

Migration also boosts economies, the new report notes.

Dec. 5, 2018, 6:40 PM EST
By Maggie Fox

People who oppose immigration often argue that migrants bring disease with them, and that they then become a burden to health systems in their new countries because they’re so sick.

But that's not true, a team of experts argued in a new report released Wednesday.

In fact, they point out that immigrants make up a significant portion of the healthcare work forces in their new homelands.

"There is no evidence to show that migrants are spreading disease," said Dr. Paul Spiegel, who directs the Center for Humanitarian Health at Johns Hopkins School of Public Health. "That is a false argument that is used to keep migrants out," Spiegel told NBC News.

"Contrary to the current political narrative portraying migrants as disease carriers who are a blight on society, migrants are an essential part of economic stability in the U.S.," added Terry McGovern, who heads Columbia University’s Department of Population and Family Health.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/immigration-border-crisis/migrants-don-t-bring-disease-fact-they-help-fight-it-n944146

1 hour ago, bigsky said:

apparently the bill of rights dont extend to new york

you dont have a right to spread a deadly disease and endager your whole community

2 minutes ago, guilluamezenz said:

you dont have a right to spread a deadly disease and endager your whole community

yall are doing it by not closing the border....yall are doing it with the promotion of promiscuity.....yall are doing it with the normalization of faggotism....and now yer gonna deny someone their religious rights? shut the fu ck up retard...you are not intellectual enough to understand the situation.