drvoke

AOC And Ayanna Pressley Want Birth Control To Be Over-The-Counter

19 hours ago, splunch said:

The more we cover contraceptives and education, the fewer unwanted pregnancies and abortions and welfare cases we have.  It's an absolute slam dunk no-brainer win-win-win.  Women control their own lives, there are fewer abortions and unwanted pregnancies, and we save a huge pile of money.

I'm pretty sure it's that first point that sticks in the craw of the right-wing religious types.  Forcing other people to live the way they say is at least as high a priority as stopping abortions.

The way to stop the welfare cases is just to not pay them. I don't care if they want the pregnancy or not. It's their body, remember? Let it be their problem and their expense.

8 hours ago, guilluamezenz said:

well smoking products are over the counter dummy, let people decide what to do with their bodies, or do you support tha nany state mentality?

Here is the problem, letting people do the things society ends up paying for their mistakes. Before calling others a dummy, make absolutely sure your lifestyle isn't doing dumb things like pretending real isn't real and your fantasy of ever expanding universe is a complete fraud and always was a myth by science equivilant to life after death from religion..

1 hour ago, Squatchman said:

You're worried about that but trump cutting regulations on coal companies so they can spew pollutants into our waterways is all right.

I thought you were a fisherman.

Apparently I was wrong about you.

pretty sure you cant name one pollution regulation that is being cut.....and states have environment standards individually as well.....so that is a strawman.....

2 hours ago, bigsky said:

pretty sure you cant name one pollution regulation that is being cut.....and states have environment standards individually as well.....so that is a strawman.....

How about the clean water act?

Because you didn't like Obama doesnt mean he loved the enviornment.

Trump thinks he can rape the land and get away with it because people like you don't care either.

You aren't a sportsman,you're a waste of air.

2 hours ago, Squatchman said:

How about the clean water act?

Because you didn't like Obama doesnt mean he loved the enviornment.

Trump thinks he can rape the land and get away with it because people like you don't care either.

You aren't a sportsman,you're a waste of air.

lol...dude..you need to take yer midol….the "clean water rule" was regulations put in place by the fu cking epa….I dont think you have any idea what that regulation......NOT LAW....did to farmers and ranchers out here....I live in montana…..and our waters are just fine without some dip sh it in Washington telling us weather or not we can hay a field that had an inch of water on it for more than 30 days in the spring 20 years ago.....which is what that regulation...NOT LAW...…..did. 

montana needs to protect their water sheds not Washington....there is no constitutional authority for the federal government to get involved in this....

I am a sportsman and I love my state...I am also into liberty and freedom...you should try  it.

On 6/15/2019 at 12:22 PM, bigsky said:

lol...dude..you need to take yer midol….the "clean water rule" was regulations put in place by the fu cking epa….I dont think you have any idea what that regulation......NOT LAW....did to farmers and ranchers out here....I live in montana…..and our waters are just fine without some dip sh it in Washington telling us weather or not we can hay a field that had an inch of water on it for more than 30 days in the spring 20 years ago.....which is what that regulation...NOT LAW...…..did. 

montana needs to protect their water sheds not Washington....there is no constitutional authority for the federal government to get involved in this....

I am a sportsman and I love my state...I am also into liberty and freedom...you should try  it.

Vaguaries, fuzzy anecdotal sounding noises, bickering over the difference between laws and regulations ("...depends what the meaning of the word 'is' is...").  Fact is Trump has deliberately, openly, proudly rolled back a ton of protections that used to-- with the force of LAW --compel people to observe certain limitations in terms of how much they could pollute the environment.

Pressley is just following along she has no original input into the legislation process Cortez is just including her to have blacks supposedly represented in their group 

On 6/14/2019 at 1:12 AM, drvoke said:

Image result for Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez And Ayanna Pressley Want Birth Control To Be Over-The-Counter

This would mean less unwanted pregnancies and fewer abortions. Are you down with that, cons?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ocasio-cortez-birth-control-over-the-counter_n_5d028face4b0304a120beb39

(Full article at above link)

Democratic Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (N.Y.) and Ayanna Pressley (Mass.) want people to be able to access birth control easily and affordably ― and are pushing new legislation to do it.

Ocasio-Cortez, Pressley and a handful of other Democratic women lawmakers have introduced the “Affordability is Access” act, which would require insurance companies to cover oral contraception ― like daily birth control pills ― and have it be available over the counter without the need for a doctor’s prescription.

Under the Affordable Care Act, insurance plans are required to cover any contraception approved by the Food and Drug Administration. The new legislation would ensure that the FDA approve “without delay” birth control pills to be sold over the counter, and require that such pills be covered by insurance without cost-sharing, such as deductibles or copays, making them free to those who are insured.  

“It is a brutal form of oppression to seize control of the one essential thing a person should command: their own body,” Ocasio-Cortez said in a release. “Women should have the right to own and control their own bodies.”

“Reproductive justice is not only a healthcare issue, but it is also an economic issue and a civil rights issue,” Pressley said. “At a time when reproductive rights are under attack, it is more critical than ever that we take bold steps to reaffirm reproductive rights for all Americans.”

The legislation comes as several states have moved to severely restrict abortion rights ― including Georgia and Alabama, which recently approved some of the nation’s most severe limits on abortion.

Earlier this week, Republican Sen. Ted Cruz (Texas) tweeted at Ocasio-Cortez that they should “team up” on efforts to make birth control over-the-counter.

A Slate analysis pointed out that some conservative politicians have expressed support for making contraceptive pills over-the-counter in the past, likely because they don’t want insurance to have to pay for contraception ― a flashpoint for politicians and constituents of the religious right.

The new bill, however, ensures that while birth control would be available over the counter, the pills would still be fully covered by insurance.

Any risks to some women if it's over the counter?

For the record...I would like to see these ladies take birth control for the rest of their lives.  :)

On 6/14/2019 at 8:20 AM, Phoenix68 said:

On 6/14/2019 at 10:28 AM, Skans said:
On 6/14/2019 at 10:25 AM, rippy38 said:

It is a known fact that hispanics have an insatiable sex drive.  Doubtfully AOC's boyfriend is knocking that thing hard enough or often enough

Typical racist stereotyping. I hardly think that AOC is worried about paying for her own birth control pills.

From what I have read, BC pills do not have many contraindications, and if the instructions are made intelligible and read by the user, there is little risk of harm.

On 6/14/2019 at 10:28 AM, Skans said:

It is a known fact that hispanics have an insatiable sex drive.  Doubtfully AOC's boyfriend is knocking that thing hard enough or often enough.

How can he when she’s in dc making videos on Mac and cheese.

Why do the men carrying the sperm always leave their children behind?  

It's the men and the sperm that is the problem ...... no sperm no babies!!!

It seems to me some of you right wing male sperm dudes need to be hooking up with each other in order to prevent abortions!!!

On 6/14/2019 at 2:12 AM, drvoke said:

Image result for Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez And Ayanna Pressley Want Birth Control To Be Over-The-Counter

This would mean less unwanted pregnancies and fewer abortions. Are you down with that, cons?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ocasio-cortez-birth-control-over-the-counter_n_5d028face4b0304a120beb39

(Full article at above link)

Democratic Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (N.Y.) and Ayanna Pressley (Mass.) want people to be able to access birth control easily and affordably ― and are pushing new legislation to do it.

Ocasio-Cortez, Pressley and a handful of other Democratic women lawmakers have introduced the “Affordability is Access” act, which would require insurance companies to cover oral contraception ― like daily birth control pills ― and have it be available over the counter without the need for a doctor’s prescription.

Under the Affordable Care Act, insurance plans are required to cover any contraception approved by the Food and Drug Administration. The new legislation would ensure that the FDA approve “without delay” birth control pills to be sold over the counter, and require that such pills be covered by insurance without cost-sharing, such as deductibles or copays, making them free to those who are insured.  

“It is a brutal form of oppression to seize control of the one essential thing a person should command: their own body,” Ocasio-Cortez said in a release. “Women should have the right to own and control their own bodies.”

“Reproductive justice is not only a healthcare issue, but it is also an economic issue and a civil rights issue,” Pressley said. “At a time when reproductive rights are under attack, it is more critical than ever that we take bold steps to reaffirm reproductive rights for all Americans.”

The legislation comes as several states have moved to severely restrict abortion rights ― including Georgia and Alabama, which recently approved some of the nation’s most severe limits on abortion.

Earlier this week, Republican Sen. Ted Cruz (Texas) tweeted at Ocasio-Cortez that they should “team up” on efforts to make birth control over-the-counter.

A Slate analysis pointed out that some conservative politicians have expressed support for making contraceptive pills over-the-counter in the past, likely because they don’t want insurance to have to pay for contraception ― a flashpoint for politicians and constituents of the religious right.

The new bill, however, ensures that while birth control would be available over the counter, the pills would still be fully covered by insurance.

Over-the-counter birth control should be readily available to those over the age of majority in their states.

On 6/14/2019 at 2:43 AM, bigsky said:

you fu cking eco terrorists......destroying our water and wildlife with your slutty behavior.....

After the active ingredient in most birth control pills has done its duty preventing pregnancy, it begins a second life as a pollutant that can harm wildlife in waterways.

Not only is ethinyl estradiol quite potent — creating "intersex" fish and amphibians — but it is very difficult to remove from wastewater, which carries it into natural waterways. 

I hadn't heard of this, Big. Can you post a link?

On 6/14/2019 at 4:07 AM, Michaelf said:

Aside from pollution issues, I'm against requireing insurance companies to cover it...the more insurance covers, the more it costs and I'm not interested in buying a policy to cover birth control. Get pregnant or not as you see fit. Just leave me out of it. I paid for my birth control and you can pay for for yours.  It sure doesn't make sense to use insurance for crap like that. Do you file an insurance claim when you do an oil change on your car? LOL

I agree with your position on requiring insurance companies to cover it. It's widely available and inexpensive. Less than a cell phone plan and certainly less than abortion or birthing a child.

Im all for it.......as its 90% LIB SLAGS that gut their spawn......

It will:

---- reduce THE prison population

-----and WELFARE LEECHES

I love it......

Its LIB Bad word SLUG WHORES that mostly have abortions

This is like shooting CRIMINALS in a barrel.....KILL THOSE BABIES...PLEASE!

On 6/14/2019 at 3:41 AM, bigsky said:

533cdb7f8de9dfa086b7df4fe4dfb143.jpg

wow....perhaps bitches need to stop fu cking every tom dick and harry they meet....

relaxing-outside-smiley-emoticon.gif

You think they're cuttin' into your action, huh??

On 6/14/2019 at 12:41 AM, bigsky said:

wow....perhaps bitches need to stop fu cking every tom dick and harry they meet....our water supply cant handle the whore moans these filthy sluts are pissing into it....

Toms Dick is Hairy! LMFAO!

It means LESS WELFARE RATS, stupid! You should be for it!

Women like to Fu ck just as much as men! Or haven't you ever noticed that?

You have been married for too long, and out of the meat market! LOL!

59 minutes ago, merrill said:

Why do the men carrying the sperm always leave their children behind?  

It's the men and the sperm that is the problem ...... no sperm no babies!!!

It seems to me some of you right wing male sperm dudes need to be hooking up with each other in order to prevent abortions!!!

Why do women nearly ALWAYS get custody of the children of a marriage and the man has to pay out the nose and literally forfeits his rights to be part of his childrens' lives because the woman is pissed off and wants to extract as much revenge financially and emotionally on the man and he has little recourse. Then she hooks up with some worthless motherfu(ker that sponges off his child support and alimony and abuses his kids. GO  FU(K YOURSELF, merrill!!!