Jump to content
drvoke

AOC And Ayanna Pressley Want Birth Control To Be Over-The-Counter

Recommended Posts

 

Image result for Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez And Ayanna Pressley Want Birth Control To Be Over-The-Counter

 

 

This would mean less unwanted pregnancies and fewer abortions. Are you down with that, cons?

 

 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ocasio-cortez-birth-control-over-the-counter_n_5d028face4b0304a120beb39

(Full article at above link)

 

 

Democratic Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (N.Y.) and Ayanna Pressley (Mass.) want people to be able to access birth control easily and affordably ― and are pushing new legislation to do it.

Ocasio-Cortez, Pressley and a handful of other Democratic women lawmakers have introduced the “Affordability is Access” act, which would require insurance companies to cover oral contraception ― like daily birth control pills ― and have it be available over the counter without the need for a doctor’s prescription.

Under the Affordable Care Act, insurance plans are required to cover any contraception approved by the Food and Drug Administration. The new legislation would ensure that the FDA approve “without delay” birth control pills to be sold over the counter, and require that such pills be covered by insurance without cost-sharing, such as deductibles or copays, making them free to those who are insured.  

“It is a brutal form of oppression to seize control of the one essential thing a person should command: their own body,” Ocasio-Cortez said in a release. “Women should have the right to own and control their own bodies.”

“Reproductive justice is not only a healthcare issue, but it is also an economic issue and a civil rights issue,” Pressley said. “At a time when reproductive rights are under attack, it is more critical than ever that we take bold steps to reaffirm reproductive rights for all Americans.”

The legislation comes as several states have moved to severely restrict abortion rights ― including Georgia and Alabama, which recently approved some of the nation’s most severe limits on abortion.

Earlier this week, Republican Sen. Ted Cruz (Texas) tweeted at Ocasio-Cortez that they should “team up” on efforts to make birth control over-the-counter.

A Slate analysis pointed out that some conservative politicians have expressed support for making contraceptive pills over-the-counter in the past, likely because they don’t want insurance to have to pay for contraception ― a flashpoint for politicians and constituents of the religious right.

The new bill, however, ensures that while birth control would be available over the counter, the pills would still be fully covered by insurance.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, drvoke said:

 

Image result for Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez And Ayanna Pressley Want Birth Control To Be Over-The-Counter

 

 

This would mean less unwanted pregnancies and fewer abortions. Are you down with that, cons?

 

 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ocasio-cortez-birth-control-over-the-counter_n_5d028face4b0304a120beb39

(Full article at above link)

 

 

Democratic Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (N.Y.) and Ayanna Pressley (Mass.) want people to be able to access birth control easily and affordably ― and are pushing new legislation to do it.

Ocasio-Cortez, Pressley and a handful of other Democratic women lawmakers have introduced the “Affordability is Access” act, which would require insurance companies to cover oral contraception ― like daily birth control pills ― and have it be available over the counter without the need for a doctor’s prescription.

Under the Affordable Care Act, insurance plans are required to cover any contraception approved by the Food and Drug Administration. The new legislation would ensure that the FDA approve “without delay” birth control pills to be sold over the counter, and require that such pills be covered by insurance without cost-sharing, such as deductibles or copays, making them free to those who are insured.  

“It is a brutal form of oppression to seize control of the one essential thing a person should command: their own body,” Ocasio-Cortez said in a release. “Women should have the right to own and control their own bodies.”

“Reproductive justice is not only a healthcare issue, but it is also an economic issue and a civil rights issue,” Pressley said. “At a time when reproductive rights are under attack, it is more critical than ever that we take bold steps to reaffirm reproductive rights for all Americans.”

The legislation comes as several states have moved to severely restrict abortion rights ― including Georgia and Alabama, which recently approved some of the nation’s most severe limits on abortion.

Earlier this week, Republican Sen. Ted Cruz (Texas) tweeted at Ocasio-Cortez that they should “team up” on efforts to make birth control over-the-counter.

A Slate analysis pointed out that some conservative politicians have expressed support for making contraceptive pills over-the-counter in the past, likely because they don’t want insurance to have to pay for contraception ― a flashpoint for politicians and constituents of the religious right.

The new bill, however, ensures that while birth control would be available over the counter, the pills would still be fully covered by insurance.

 

wow....perhaps bitches need to stop fu cking every tom dick and harry they meet....our water supply cant handle the whore moans these filthy sluts are pissing into it....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you fu cking eco terrorists......destroying our water and wildlife with your slutty behavior.....

 

After the active ingredient in most birth control pills has done its duty preventing pregnancy, it begins a second life as a pollutant that can harm wildlife in waterways.

Not only is ethinyl estradiol quite potent — creating "intersex" fish and amphibians — but it is very difficult to remove from wastewater, which carries it into natural waterways. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aside from pollution issues, I'm against requireing insurance companies to cover it...the more insurance covers, the more it costs and I'm not interested in buying a policy to cover birth control. Get pregnant or not as you see fit. Just leave me out of it. I paid for my birth control and you can pay for for yours.  It sure doesn't make sense to use insurance for crap like that. Do you file an insurance claim when you do an oil change on your car? LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm all for it...in fact make it a free item in America, and everywhere eles in the World

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, benson13 said:

I'm all for it...in fact make it a free item in America, and everywhere eles in the World

There’s no such thing as a free lunch 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dumbazz

""There’s no such thing as a free lunch""

 

 

 

tell the Subsidized redneck states that....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think moonbat bitch AOC should be permanently sterilized to prevent her from reproducing more loony moonbats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bigsky said:

wow....perhaps bitches need to stop fu cking every tom dick and harry they meet....our water supply cant handle the whore moans these filthy sluts are pissing into it....

 

relaxing-outside-smiley-emoticon.gif

......After all.....where are you Unlucky-At-Love/virginal-"conservatives" gonna find enough welfare-recipients, to complain-about....if women are given full-and-complete control of their own biology.....Right??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, drvoke said:

 

This would mean less unwanted pregnancies and fewer abortions. Are you down with that, cons?

 

No.

 

Birth Control HORMONES need to be regularly MONITORED by a MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL since they are the leading cause of CANCER in women!!!!

 

Self medicating is dangerous AND going to create UNNEEDED HARM to women.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

updated by TRUMPCO

4 hours ago, bigsky said:

you fu cking eco terrorists......destroying our water and wildlife with your slutty behavior.....

 

relaxing-outside-smiley-emoticon.gif

Try to stay on-subject, there.

There's no need to drag-in TRUMPCO, here.

 

Quote

EPA History

"In the early '70s, just after the birth of EPA and the environmental movement, the agency hired freelance photographers to record the state of the environment and efforts to improve it. Documerica ultimately collected tens of thousands of photos that serve the agency and the public as a visual baseline for comparing how our environment looked then with how it looks now and in the future. By 1974, Documerica had produced more than 81,000 photographs by more than 100 photographers. The strongest 22,000-plus images were catalogued by the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) and made available to publications nationwide. About 15,000 of these images are now online." (Images updated by TRUMPCO)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Michaelf said:

slob_8567.jpg

Aside from pollution issues, I'm against requireing insurance companies to cover it...the more insurance covers, the more it costs and I'm not interested in buying a policy to cover birth control. Get pregnant or not as you see fit. Just leave me out of it. I paid for my birth control and you can pay for for yours.  It sure doesn't make sense to use insurance for crap like that. Do you file an insurance claim when you do an oil change on your car? LOL

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, king of the county said:

200px-Edarem.jpg

There’s no such thing as a free lunch 

 

15-trump-couch-potato.w710.h473.2x.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Buffalo said:

backside-of-hefty-cowboy-.jpg

I think moonbat bitch AOC should be permanently sterilized to prevent her from reproducing more loony moonbats.

 

relaxing-outside-smiley-emoticon.gif

STILL not gettin' "any", huh??

Shocking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, drvoke said:

This would mean less unwanted pregnancies and fewer abortions. Are you down with that, cons?

 

 

36 minutes ago, MidnightMax said:

after-boom-smiley-emoticon.png

 

No.

 

Birth Control HORMONES need to be regularly MONITORED by a MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL since they are the leading cause of CANCER in women!!!!

 

Self medicating is dangerous AND going to create UNNEEDED HARM to women.

 

ThunderousNeglectedFiddlercrab-small.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, benson13 said:

Dumbazz

""There’s no such thing as a free lunch""

 

 

 

tell the Subsidized redneck states that....

Ok there’s no such thing as a free lunch 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, guilluamezenz said:

and why not?

chemical birth control is as dangerous to the female body as smoking tobacco products. That is why not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, drvoke said:

 

Image result for Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez And Ayanna Pressley Want Birth Control To Be Over-The-Counter

 

 

This would mean less unwanted pregnancies and fewer abortions. Are you down with that, cons?

 

 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ocasio-cortez-birth-control-over-the-counter_n_5d028face4b0304a120beb39

(Full article at above link)

 

 

Democratic Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (N.Y.) and Ayanna Pressley (Mass.) want people to be able to access birth control easily and affordably ― and are pushing new legislation to do it.

Ocasio-Cortez, Pressley and a handful of other Democratic women lawmakers have introduced the “Affordability is Access” act, which would require insurance companies to cover oral contraception ― like daily birth control pills ― and have it be available over the counter without the need for a doctor’s prescription.

Under the Affordable Care Act, insurance plans are required to cover any contraception approved by the Food and Drug Administration. The new legislation would ensure that the FDA approve “without delay” birth control pills to be sold over the counter, and require that such pills be covered by insurance without cost-sharing, such as deductibles or copays, making them free to those who are insured.  

“It is a brutal form of oppression to seize control of the one essential thing a person should command: their own body,” Ocasio-Cortez said in a release. “Women should have the right to own and control their own bodies.”

“Reproductive justice is not only a healthcare issue, but it is also an economic issue and a civil rights issue,” Pressley said. “At a time when reproductive rights are under attack, it is more critical than ever that we take bold steps to reaffirm reproductive rights for all Americans.”

The legislation comes as several states have moved to severely restrict abortion rights ― including Georgia and Alabama, which recently approved some of the nation’s most severe limits on abortion.

Earlier this week, Republican Sen. Ted Cruz (Texas) tweeted at Ocasio-Cortez that they should “team up” on efforts to make birth control over-the-counter.

A Slate analysis pointed out that some conservative politicians have expressed support for making contraceptive pills over-the-counter in the past, likely because they don’t want insurance to have to pay for contraception ― a flashpoint for politicians and constituents of the religious right.

The new bill, however, ensures that while birth control would be available over the counter, the pills would still be fully covered by insurance.

 

I prefer forced sterilizations.....'

 

What makes your dumb ass think someone SO IRRESPONSIBLE to have an unplanned pregnancy is somehow going to be responsible enough to take a pill daily? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, drvoke said:

Basically a plug for big pharma....

 

There are approximately 200 different medications used for "birth control", and a person's weight is a significant factor in the necessary dose for maximum effectiveness.  Do you really want to leave it up to the individual consumer to just grab some birth control medication of the shelf and think it's safe to fornicate?  What do you think this will do to the average effective rates of birth control medication avoiding pregnancy?  Do WalMart shoppers even know how much they weigh?  Also, complications from birth control pills can be serious. These include heart attack, stroke, blood clots, and liver tumors. In very rare cases, they can lead to death.  

 

So, while I know Leftists are all for enriching Big Pharma, you might want to actually think a little about what you are recommending. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5d0292e62400008c178f708f.jpeg?cache=qcfx

 

I think these two are pissed over the fact that have vaginas.

 

Talk about being eat up with resting bitch face...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rippy38 said:

5d0292e62400008c178f708f.jpeg?cache=qcfx

 

I think these two are pissed over the fact that have vaginas.

 

Talk about being eat up with resting bitch face...

It is a known fact that hispanics have an insatiable sex drive.  Doubtfully AOC's boyfriend is knocking that thing hard enough or often enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...