Sign in to follow this  
WillFranklin

This Lackluster Trump Economy Is Also On The Credit Card To Be Paid Back By The Middle Class With Interest

On 7/8/2019 at 6:48 AM, WillFranklin said:

That's because Olivaw's post was itself a quote and they do not automatically embed.

thanks WillFranklin, good to know.

Peace!

On 7/8/2019 at 11:04 AM, rrober49 said:

housing boom had more to do with a shortage of labor , no one could build a new home fast enough  and people that sold their homes could not move on and the system got clogged

owning a home is a dying trend,  still going to be a good market for it,  but nothing like 1990 2005

I bet if I blotted my face and rolled it over a loan application for a new car I could get one

I think they re established the game someplace else

A shortage of labor, really?

One of the things people should look at other than the monthly jobs report is the EPOP from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Below is the employment - population ratio for the 25 - 54 year age group from pre-recession to 2019

latest_numbers_LNS12300060_2000_2019_all_period_M06_data.gif

23 hours ago, TheOldBarn said:

A shortage of labor, really?

I didn't look at anything  I just built the homes and listened to the people in the industry through 3 recessions

took awhile for the consumer to gain confidence to  start investing that much money and by the time they did we had jobs in other sectors I went back to kitchen work  some of my  co workers took jobs doing long haul etc etc  payed less but was still more recession proof 

toss in something about the labor force being here illegally and our current president  plays a big role in this too?

google labor shortage  residential construction

sift through the countless pages

On 7/14/2019 at 5:38 PM, rrober49 said:

I didn't look at anything  I just built the homes and listened to the people in the industry through 3 recessions

took awhile for the consumer to gain confidence to  start investing that much money and by the time they did we had jobs in other sectors I went back to kitchen work  some of my  co workers took jobs doing long haul etc etc  payed less but was still more recession proof 

toss in something about the labor force being here illegally and our current president  plays a big role in this too?

google labor shortage  residential construction

sift through the countless pages

I could google it, but meanwhile, a lot of homes were being built in places like Sacramento. After the housing bubble popped, they were all empty. 

But I get what you mean. It was an erroneous claim. The actual demand was not real. We had folks who could perform the work, but there was no real jobs to be had.

It wasn't that there were no skilled workers who could build the homes, build the frames, sink the plumbing, put up the dry wall, and roof the roofs.

It wasn't a labor shortage at all. In some areas houses were built. Areas where land was cheap where builders could make a profit. And in those areas they sold houses to people with little or no money down. And we also saw folks refinance their nest eggs, and when the bottom dropped out they lost the farm.

That's what I meant. It was not a labor shortage. The people who build were there.

Peace!

On 7/13/2019 at 8:21 PM, TheOldBarn said:

thanks WillFranklin, good to know.

Peace!

Any time you have questions about the forum I will try to answer them.