Sign in to follow this  
WillFranklin

This Lackluster Trump Economy Is Also On The Credit Card To Be Paid Back By The Middle Class With Interest

On 7/8/2019 at 6:48 AM, WillFranklin said:

That's because Olivaw's post was itself a quote and they do not automatically embed.

thanks WillFranklin, good to know.

Peace!

On 7/8/2019 at 11:04 AM, rrober49 said:

housing boom had more to do with a shortage of labor , no one could build a new home fast enough  and people that sold their homes could not move on and the system got clogged

owning a home is a dying trend,  still going to be a good market for it,  but nothing like 1990 2005

I bet if I blotted my face and rolled it over a loan application for a new car I could get one

I think they re established the game someplace else

A shortage of labor, really?

One of the things people should look at other than the monthly jobs report is the EPOP from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Below is the employment - population ratio for the 25 - 54 year age group from pre-recession to 2019

latest_numbers_LNS12300060_2000_2019_all_period_M06_data.gif

23 hours ago, TheOldBarn said:

A shortage of labor, really?

I didn't look at anything  I just built the homes and listened to the people in the industry through 3 recessions

took awhile for the consumer to gain confidence to  start investing that much money and by the time they did we had jobs in other sectors I went back to kitchen work  some of my  co workers took jobs doing long haul etc etc  payed less but was still more recession proof 

toss in something about the labor force being here illegally and our current president  plays a big role in this too?

google labor shortage  residential construction

sift through the countless pages

On 7/14/2019 at 5:38 PM, rrober49 said:

I didn't look at anything  I just built the homes and listened to the people in the industry through 3 recessions

took awhile for the consumer to gain confidence to  start investing that much money and by the time they did we had jobs in other sectors I went back to kitchen work  some of my  co workers took jobs doing long haul etc etc  payed less but was still more recession proof 

toss in something about the labor force being here illegally and our current president  plays a big role in this too?

google labor shortage  residential construction

sift through the countless pages

I could google it, but meanwhile, a lot of homes were being built in places like Sacramento. After the housing bubble popped, they were all empty. 

But I get what you mean. It was an erroneous claim. The actual demand was not real. We had folks who could perform the work, but there was no real jobs to be had.

It wasn't that there were no skilled workers who could build the homes, build the frames, sink the plumbing, put up the dry wall, and roof the roofs.

It wasn't a labor shortage at all. In some areas houses were built. Areas where land was cheap where builders could make a profit. And in those areas they sold houses to people with little or no money down. And we also saw folks refinance their nest eggs, and when the bottom dropped out they lost the farm.

That's what I meant. It was not a labor shortage. The people who build were there.

Peace!

On 7/13/2019 at 8:21 PM, TheOldBarn said:

thanks WillFranklin, good to know.

Peace!

Any time you have questions about the forum I will try to answer them.

130,000 jobs added in August.

Trump's eleven quarter GDP growth average is about to dip below Obama's last eleven quarter growth average of roughly 2.6%

On 7/8/2019 at 11:04 AM, rrober49 said:

housing boom had more to do with a shortage of labor , no one could build a new home fast enough  and people that sold their homes could not move on and the system got clogged

owning a home is a dying trend,  still going to be a good market for it,  but nothing like 1990 2005

I bet if I blotted my face and rolled it over a loan application for a new car I could get one

I think they re established the game someplace else

this is absolutely untrue. The housing bubble enabled folks to remortgage their homes, it enabled people to purchase homes for a time, with zero money down. It had nothing to do with a shortage of labor, there was plenty of labor until it, the housing bubble popped. Then, there was no longer any demand. It sucked trillions of dollars out of the US economy overnight, and all over the world. Shortage of labor, that's nonsense. If there was a real shortage of labor you would see wage hikes, and you would then surely see inflation caused by a shortage of labor.

But last time we checked, a few minutes ago, that wasn't true. 

There are a lot of workers, a whole lot. Workers are people too, you know, laborers. We got lots of them. 

Peace!

12 hours ago, TheOldBarn said:

this is absolutely untrue. The housing bubble enabled folks to remortgage their homes, it enabled people to purchase homes for a time, with zero money down. It had nothing to do with a shortage of labor, there was plenty of labor until it, the housing bubble popped. Then, there was no longer any demand. It sucked trillions of dollars out of the US economy overnight, and all over the world. Shortage of labor, that's nonsense. If there was a real shortage of labor you would see wage hikes, and you would then surely see inflation caused by a shortage of labor.

But last time we checked, a few minutes ago, that wasn't true. 

There are a lot of workers, a whole lot. Workers are people too, you know, laborers. We got lots of them. 

Peace!

25% + of our work force in construction is not even from America .... right now

but being payed under the table and forcing us all on I9's  so they could have zero accountability to our safety or the crumby work that came with the sorta people who would work under such a guise has more to do with that than  the people here needing work 

right to work states unions being pushed out to the brink . I work around 30 people on a daily base at work we all work for the same guy and only 4 of us get payed by his company FOUR of us are on his pay roll

their is virtually nothing left to disenfranchises in the industry in some manner right down to the the very last person

and loans

well you can go find all the people who actually could of used a zero down loan as opposed to the one who qualified for one I wont cause I built the house for that person 

the zero down loan stuff I do for people in need comes though a not for profit origination called habit for humanity, and that more of a lottery then a loan

we could talk about it ? All i did was share my ideas on how we might fall into recession and my personal insight to the housing bubble

I am the labor by choice

On 9/8/2019 at 9:53 AM, rrober49 said:

25% + of our work force in construction is not even from America .... right now

but being payed under the table and forcing us all on I9's  so they could have zero accountability to our safety or the crumby work that came with the sorta people who would work under such a guise has more to do with that than  the people here needing work 

right to work states unions being pushed out to the brink . I work around 30 people on a daily base at work we all work for the same guy and only 4 of us get payed by his company FOUR of us are on his pay roll

their is virtually nothing left to disenfranchises in the industry in some manner right down to the the very last person

and loans

well you can go find all the people who actually could of used a zero down loan as opposed to the one who qualified for one I wont cause I built the house for that person 

the zero down loan stuff I do for people in need comes though a not for profit origination called habit for humanity, and that more of a lottery then a loan

we could talk about it ? All i did was share my ideas on how we might fall into recession and my personal insight to the housing bubble

I am the labor by choice

there is no labor shortage, if there was, wages would go up. Remember inflation, wage growth spurs inflation. Let's say you live in Mexico where they got lots of workers, but not so much demand for their working people. They pump up the peso and artificially this kind of strategy artificially causes the peso to go through the roof man. And pretty soon everybody is even poorer, how come? They just print more and more money the fiat that a government has the right to do. 

Meanwhile these days, China is over productive, they still have too many people, they still have too much labor, but as they grow they produce Purchasing power, and keep the Yuan low by purchasing reserve international currency like the US dollar in the Trillions of US dollars like there's no tomorrow. Why, because they can. They got a lot of labor, a lot of cheap labor on their hands. And US Corporations make trade deals with China knowing this. China is a communist regime that completely controls its people, it's labor force. They make people who are in prison put out.

US Corporations are really smart at making profit for their shareholders. There is a lot of money tied up on Wall Street, a whole lot. They make trade deals with 

China. They make profit by making trade deals with China for all their shareholders.

Take Amazon. They sell everything under the sun. You cannot compete with them. Not unlike Walmart, but Amazon takes it a step further. Amazon's market capital is worth close to a trillion, however how much profit does Amazon actually make?  Where does all the money actually go?

https://www.investopedia.com/how-amazon-makes-money-4587523

Peace!

What about resources? Some poor countries sell their land resources off to the highest bidder which is now China. Trade is not about rational trade regarding workers and efficiency, lord I wish it was. Trade is about dominance in the markets. The big players these days are oligarchs or they are nation states like China who hold all the purse strings on their people allowing only so much freedom in certain allotments all controlled. 

The EU sees this, they desperately go to austerity to keep all the EU countries in line, because they know. Cause and effect. The US does better under the circumstance of a world wide recession because it uses some fiscal response by it's government to spur demand, because it can, at least to some extent. 

There is all that market money left untapped. There's that easy finance the richer countries like the US has. And just where does most of it go?

Well we invest in Amazon, their market capital close to a trillion, and it made 10 billion last year alone. Say the rich.

It should be astoundingly amazing, this consumer work force that requires cheaper goods. How much profit can you squeeze out of the sponge.

This old fable of a rich cat who cared about the worker, he bought up a bunch of Cadillac Cars and buried them from the front end around his large property

to create more jobs for the little guy laborers, which to some seems like a total waste of resource.