JeanMoulin

Stand behind Biden

The same thing will happen to the democrats in 2020 that took place in 2016 if they decide to back up Joe Biden 

The people want real change and the whole "middle ground" argument is not gonna do well with the progressives within the party causing a divide within the Democratic party once again. You heard it here first JOE BIDEN is Hillary 2.0

14 hours ago, zkyllonen8 said:

You heard it here first JOE BIDEN is Hillary 2.0

Nicely put.  Many of us are thinking the same thing

Joe Biden isn't Hillary 2.0.  That'd imply he's an upgrade.  He's really not.

2 minutes ago, Cecelia said:

Joe Biden isn't Hillary 2.0.  That'd imply he's an upgrade.  He's really not.

You are correct.  Biden is not as smart as Hillary.  And recently, he's been awkward at expressing himself in public.  Comments like "I've been involved with civil rights my whole career:  Period, period, period". 

But Biden would lose for many of the same reasons as Hillary.   He's in the pockets of the mega-rich and has publicly reassured them:  “The truth of the matter is, you all, you all know, you all know in your gut what has to be done. We can disagree in the margins but the truth of the matter is it’s all within our wheelhouse and nobody has to be punished. No one’s standard of living will change, nothing would fundamentally change,”

2 hours ago, bludog said:

Biden is not as smart as Hillary.

Not nearly as smart.

5 hours ago, bludog said:

But Biden would lose for many of the same reasons as Hillary.   He's in the pockets of the mega-rich and has publicly reassured them:  “The truth of the matter is, you all, you all know, you all know in your gut what has to be done. We can disagree in the margins but the truth of the matter is it’s all within our wheelhouse and nobody has to be punished. No one’s standard of living will change, nothing would fundamentally change,”

this right here is why we need fundamental change because all the corporate democrats care about is their donors and not real issues facing the average american. 

he also is going to face-plant in my opinion in the debates when people will have the chance to call him out on working towards a middle ground, people do not want another centrist corporate establishment democrat and that is what we are going to get if Joe Biden wins the election.

There is way too many progressive candidates that have a lot of good ideas compared to this corporate shill that will do the same thing as previous administrations and greatly benefit the rich and corporations and not the average american.

Biden is not Hillary, sadly Hillary was hated by the right before she even ran for a Senate seat.

But Biden is like Hillary, regarding the status quo. It's this thought to be politically salient orthodoxical 

that sticks to the script, trying to capture as many who happen to answer a certain way

to a group of polls. It is marketing 101, like designing what is the next coolest thing to come 

down the pike by gauging what the cool kids who buy certain clothes will buy next.

It's like repackaging a box of apples, and calling them a new kind of apple, why not

give em a try.

Peace!

Biden’s stance on busing coincided with vast majority of people including blacks at the time. Opposing busing and opposing segregation are not mutually exclusive.  Harris’ “hurt feelings” was as phony as the pretense that her sound bite was spontaneous.  All evidence shows her attack was planned for days.  I originally thought she was likable but she lost all appeal with her arrogant response when asked if she would accept a vp spot on the ticket.  Saying Biden would be a good vp choice was just too cute for me. My choice for president should be humble enough to accept the second spot on the ticket if necessary to beat Trump. If Harris can’t show enough humility and willingness to be a running mate for Biden or whoever wins the nomination, then she shouldn’t be considered for president either.

On 6/29/2019 at 7:41 PM, Pragmatistical said:

Biden’s stance on busing coincided with vast majority of people including blacks at the time. Opposing busing and opposing segregation are not mutually exclusive.  Harris’ “hurt feelings” was as phony as the pretense that her sound bite was spontaneous.  All evidence shows her attack was planned for days.  I originally thought she was likable but she lost all appeal with her arrogant response when asked if she would accept a vp spot on the ticket.  Saying Biden would be a good vp choice was just too cute for me. My choice for president should be humble enough to accept the second spot on the ticket if necessary to beat Trump. If Harris can’t show enough humility and willingness to be a running mate for Biden or whoever wins the nomination, then she shouldn’t be considered for president either.

I don't believe what you say. I was a kid back then too. It was shameful back then to think about how bad some of the Black Schools were at the time. America was stupid regarding race back then, that's easy to say too. This country has for too long let people down. It's shameful to the extreme that we have not done more. Sure, we can compare and contrast all over the globe. But we are here, we live here. We need to take care of our people here. Is busing the answer, no. It is archaic in a sense. It was back then the only way. 

How do you do it? How do you make it a national priority to fix all the wrongs? 

Many think that sounds so liberal. Honestly though, if your fifty years or older, and you are honest, you should damn well be thinking the same thing!

Cut military spending as much as necessary. Of course, those tanks and airplanes, and ships, create jobs in certain states. But then, you also got to take a look at our horrible foreign policy measures over the last fifty or more years. Oil and coal, I say the sooner we find a way to eliminate both, the better off we'll all be.

Put the money in finding a way to do that now! O I like Cory Booker, he is a leader, but not regarding policy. I like him as a leader of morality, someone who lives and breathes genuine honesty. Cory is a leader. We need a lot more like him. Same thing with AOC. We need the people behind them to get motivated to create big time change. Look, mass transit (Biden), health and riding bikes (young people), city planning, you name it (Buttigieg, smart, quick on his feet, inspiring the youth), Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris, Jay Inslee, Michael Bennett, Amy Klobuchar (Serbian name), we need those folks. We need all that and more.

Peace!

On 6/29/2019 at 8:41 PM, Pragmatistical said:

Wasn’t it Cory Booker who made that joke about Biden being a good running mate? 

On 7/6/2019 at 12:07 PM, Zaro said:

Dead on arrival

solid point about Biden. Who can drive more young people to vote is the question. The job is to get the most people to go out and vote. I believed there was absolutely no chance Trump would win against Hillary. I supported Sanders first, but he lost the primary so I voted for Hillary. A lot of folks who would easily have chosen Hillary over Trump did not show.

Same thing happens in the midterms. It's been happening for years. They still have not done a darn thing to shore up SS or medicare even though it's been talked about and debated for decades. Even though a great majority of Americans want it.

The Democratic Party really needs to get their act together.  Nancy Pelosi is losing a lot of people because she'd rather attack AOC and Ilhan Omar than Mitch McConnell and Donald Trump.  

Honestly I'm getting a little tired of Republicans and Democrats having one thing in common:  Holding Democrats accountable, but letting Republicans off scott free.

On 6/11/2019 at 11:24 PM, Cecelia said:

Biden doesn't think Republicans are the problem.  This isn't something he said 30 years ago -- well it is, during the watergate scandal nonetheless, attacking fellow Dems instead, but it's also something he's said very recently.  Do we really want a guy who looks at Mitch McConnell and thinks "That's a guy I can work with?"  No thanks.  Joe Biden is a wolf in sheep's clothing.  He may pretend to be a democrat, but he's more closely allied with Republicans.  And I have no idea why Obama chose him as VP.  

biden's a dino.

18 minutes ago, Cecelia said:

The Democratic Party really needs to get their act together.  Nancy Pelosi is losing a lot of people because she'd rather attack AOC and Ilhan Omar than Mitch McConnell and Donald Trump.  

Honestly I'm getting a little tired of Republicans and Democrats having one thing in common:  Holding Democrats accountable, but letting Republicans off scott free.

biden's a dino.

On 7/6/2019 at 3:07 PM, Zaro said:

Dead on arrival

HAIL ZARO!

The one who knows the truth, a political mastermind who rules the roost with an iron fist.

On 6/29/2019 at 10:41 PM, Pragmatistical said:

she's like howard cosell. She tells it like it is.

2 minutes ago, TDS said:

she's like howard cosell. She tells it like it is.

that's inevitable politics in any primary, but I also did sense a bit of shallowness behind the accusations - to Biden, an older senior / respect your seniors, I say - sure they made mistakes in the past, but they are old, they did their best, it was a completely different world back then long ago. Howard Cosell once said - "stand for something. don't quest for popularity over morality, and ethics, and honesty." I think he said that to Alex Karras and Dandy Don, on Monday Night Football - it had no context, he just said it out of thin air, then there was this awkward silence.

I think that's what made Monday Night Football games fun to watch back then.

Peace!

1 minute ago, TheOldBarn said:

that's inevitable politics in any primary, but I also did sense a bit of shallowness behind the accusations - to Biden, an older senior / respect your seniors, I say - sure they made mistakes in the past, but they are old, they did their best, it was a completely different world back then long ago. Howard Cosell once said - "stand for something. don't quest for popularity over morality, and ethics, and honesty." I think he said that to Alex Karras and Dandy Don, on Monday Night Football - it had no context, he just said it out of thin air, then there was this awkward silence.

I think that's what made Monday Night Football games fun to watch back then.

Peace!

Especially when he said, "watch that little monkey run". Oopsie.

12 minutes ago, TDS said:

Especially when he said, "watch that little monkey run". Oopsie.

LOL... great one \

During a Monday Night Football telecast on September 5, 1983, Cosell said of Washington Redskins wide receiver Alvin Garrett, "That little monkey gets loose, doesn't he?" The Rev. Joseph Lowery, then-president of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, denounced Cosell's comment as racist and demanded a public apology, but Cosell refused, citing his past support for black athletes and stating that "little monkey" was an affectionate term he had used in the past

for diminutive white athletes (including Mike Adamle, for whom Cosell was on record using the term 11 years prior), as well as for his own grandson.

Cosell left the Monday Night Football booth following the 1983 season, citing his waning interest in professional football.

It was a different time. Back then, everybody watched MNF, before there was social media. But we've made so much progress since then, hallelujah amen... Not!

but the primaries, filled with gaffs and guffaws, old time funny things that have been said from the stables. I have a plan, the next person has a similar plan, and the next and the next, there are so many plans. All the plans seem similar. But there is no real time to fully illustrate your plan, and you need gifted bureaucrats behind any good real plan that can be executed. But for the Dems, the words,  good bureaucrat have become like a tired old joke. 

Unlike the Republican primaries where the best joke that they had was about the aristocrat, with that fabulous two word punchline: Donald Trump!

Peace!

On 7/7/2019 at 10:21 PM, TheOldBarn said:

LOL... great one \

During a Monday Night Football telecast on September 5, 1983, Cosell said of Washington Redskins wide receiver Alvin Garrett, "That little monkey gets loose, doesn't he?" The Rev. Joseph Lowery, then-president of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, denounced Cosell's comment as racist and demanded a public apology, but Cosell refused, citing his past support for black athletes and stating that "little monkey" was an affectionate term he had used in the past

for diminutive white athletes (including Mike Adamle, for whom Cosell was on record using the term 11 years prior), as well as for his own grandson.

Cosell left the Monday Night Football booth following the 1983 season, citing his waning interest in professional football.

It was a different time. Back then, everybody watched MNF, before there was social media. But we've made so much progress since then, hallelujah amen... Not!

but the primaries, filled with gaffs and guffaws, old time funny things that have been said from the stables. I have a plan, the next person has a similar plan, and the next and the next, there are so many plans. All the plans seem similar. But there is no real time to fully illustrate your plan, and you need gifted bureaucrats behind any good real plan that can be executed. But for the Dems, the words,  good bureaucrat have become like a tired old joke. 

Unlike the Republican primaries where the best joke that they had was about the aristocrat, with that fabulous two word punchline: Donald Trump!

Peace!

trump is highly punchable. I believe I would be PC to bitch slap trump.