Sign in to follow this  
drvoke

Colorado Christian cakeshop sued a third time for discrimination

Image result for gender transition cake

Discrimination is a slippery slope.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/colorado-christian-cakeshop-sued-a-third-time-for-discrimination/ar-AACJecD?ocid=spartandhp

(Full article at above link)

The owner of Masterpiece Cakeshop -- which won a case before the U.S. Supreme Court recently -- was sued for a third time this week.

Jack Phillips, the Lakewood, Colo. bakery owner who has refused to bake cakes that violate his Christian faith, is being sued again by Autumn Scardina, a transgender woman, for refusing to bake a gender transition cake.

Scardina claims it is textbook LGBT discrimination. But Phillips said she is rehashing old claims that hold no merit.

Phillips describes himself as an artist who uses cakes as "canvas" to express ideas and celebrate events. He has insisted he doesn't want to do something that goes against his faith. He said the cases against him have directly affected his family and business and he's faced death threats and harassment.

The Supreme Court ruled in favor of Phillips last year in a case where he refused to bake a cake for a same-sex wedding. The high court ruled the Colorado Civil Rights Commission showed "anti-religious bias" when it filed a discrimination charge against Phillips.

The commission then filed another complaint against Phillips after he refused to make Scardina a cake celebrating a gender transition

He, in turn, sued the state claiming he was being singled out for his religious beliefs.

The Commission and Phillips agreed to drop their cases in March after discovery showed "anti-religious hostility" from the state toward the family-run bakery.

Scardina decided to pursue separate litigation, which attorneys filed Wednesday in district court.

“The dignity of all citizens in our state needs to be honored. Masterpiece Cakeshop said before the Supreme Court they would serve any baked good to members of the LGBTQ community. It was just the religious significance of it being a wedding cake,” Paula Griesen, one of the attorneys representing Scardina, told the local CBS station. “We don’t believe they’ve been honest with the public.”

Scardina claims Phillips violated Colorado's Anti-Discrimination Act and Consumer Protection Act for refusing to bake a "birthday cake" celebrating the plaintiff's gender transition, which was to be blue on the outside and pink on the inside, symbolizing a transition from male to female.

Jim Cambell, senior counsel for Alliance Defending Freedom, which has represented Phillips in the other cases, called it further harassment rehashing old claims.

"So this latest attack by Scardina looks like yet another desperate attempt to harass cake artist Jack Phillips," Cambell said. "And it stumbles over the one detail that matters most: Jack serves everyone; he just cannot express all messages through his custom cakes."

Related image

No such thing as a mob targeting a business till they go out of business. Seems that would go under rico act and extortion. sure starting to appear american civil law is parallel to sharia law nowadays.

Honestly, if I were gay, I would not sue these people and force them to bake me a cake. I would support a shop that wants to do business with me. I don't want spit in my wedding cake. or who knows what else. I understand the principal, but now a days, social media would cause the owners more financial pain.

Sarah Sanders.  The Red Hen Rest.  I guess it is OK to discriminate against Christians, Republicans, and White people.

But queers, Muslims, and negroes get special treatment.  

I see.  I see.....said the blind man.     😟

9 minutes ago, JeanMoulin said:

Honestly, if I were gay, I would not sue these people and force them to bake me a cake. I would support a shop that wants to do business with me. I don't want spit in my wedding cake. or who knows what else. I understand the principal, but now a days, social media would cause the owners more financial pain.

The Colorado queers are haters. 

They are haters of the Christian race. 

And everything the Christian race stands for.   😥

5 minutes ago, Taipan said:

The Colorado queers are haters. 

They are haters of the Christian race. 

And everything the Christian race stands for.   😥

You are not a believer in the teaching of Christ. You are a cult member.

4 minutes ago, JeanMoulin said:

On Judgement Day, Someone will judge me.

But, I don't think it will be you.          😇

I would love to see the LGBTQ community pull this on an Islamic bakery. If they tried this in an Islamic country instead of a Christian one, they would be hanged in the town square.

1 hour ago, JeanMoulin said:

the teachings of Christ clearly states that marriage should be between a man and a woman.

----------------------------------------------------------

Mark 10/4-9

4And they said, Moses suffered to write a bill of divorcement, and to put her away. 5And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept. 6But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. 7For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; 8And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. 9What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. 10And in the house his disciples asked him again of the same matter.

I hope this baker countersues that trans person, this is bordering on harassment of the poor guy

The trans person can go anywhere to have a cake made , why single out this guy?

This is nothing more than harassment and to get 15 minutes of fame

I hope he sues the trans person, the lawyer, the ACLU, the Democrat Party etc.

enough is enough. 

2 hours ago, Taipan said:

Sarah Sanders.  The Red Hen Rest.  I guess it is OK to discriminate against Christians, Republicans, and White people.

But queers, Muslims, and negroes get special treatment.  

I see.  I see.....said the blind man.     😟

They should try this crap at a Muslim bakery. 

5 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Yes sir.

Good point.

10 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

this is where they are lucky to be in America, a normal muslim baker would ask them to leave

the muslim baker who is a wahhabist , will cut off their heads in the name of protecting allah.

2 hours ago, drvoke said:

I would love to see the LGBTQ community pull this on an Islamic bakery. If they tried this in an Islamic country instead of a Christian one, they would be hanged in the town square.

Agreed

2 hours ago, drvoke said:

Agreed sir.

You have made a fair point.      🙂

Yes, this is harassment of the baker by a pouty butthurt deranged libtard, but I'm glad that any court action will further prove a few facts:

• LGQTSLF are rabid animals that should be separated from decent society
  • Content creators have the RIGHT to decline ANY commission for ANY reason
  • The shop owner is a good guy who offers his premade products to EVERYONE and does NOT illegally discriminate