18 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

what is that? I know its a motor

It is a tricked out 1958 Desoto engine...(not sure BUT I believe) if you could get just a bare block you'll need $5,000 + just to start bidding.

Image result for 1958 Desoto

1 minute ago, king of the county said:

Then why did you ask 

It is an antique DeSoto Firedome V8 engine with  extensive modifications including what seem to be four carburetors.

The last DeSoto  came of the assembly line in 1961.

3 minutes ago, Old Mack said:

It is a tricked out 1958 Desoto engine...(not sure BUT I believe) if you could get just a bare block you'll need $5,000 + just to start bidding.

Image result for 1958 Desoto

wow. I wasn't expected to know this, right? lol

4 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

The last DeSoto  came of the assembly line in 1961.

Thank you Wikipedia for that information !

75573804_2593184914060467_5982204430404026368_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQnOdtX6uVe51DzD5a1y52w1Z4AXgUwnzQ8y6iFFLjAKJ5bdP8dc_x0wHrGnNEGplvM&_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.xx&oh=79689d270c3f52cd3ba775973d73fbea&oe=5E57C862

23 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

what is that? I know its a motor

While Generally interchangeable...

It's an Engine.

Motors - are considered electric.

BMW-logo.jpg

8>)

6 minutes ago, Blue Devil said:

While Generally interchangeable...

It's an Engine.

Motors - are considered electric.

BMW-logo.jpg

8>)

BMW stands for Bayerschen Motoren Werke AG .It is the abbreviation of three Geman, not English words.  Auto engines are called Motoren in German.

8 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

wow. I wasn't expected to know this, right? lol

I just post pictures of things with wheels !

Alcoholics Anonymous has no opinion on outside issues; hence the A.A. name ought never be drawn into public controversy.

Image may contain: one or more people and indoor

3 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

BMW stands for Bayerschen Motoren Werke AG .It is the abbreviation of three Geman, not English words.  Auto engines are called Motoren in German.

So you missed the joke.

Must happen a lot.

Ha!

7 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

You do know that I work for BMW? So, this I DID know. 

25 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

4 years of German. not a great language to learn, or speak . VERY DIFFICULT 

I have been working on learning German on Duolingo for the past year or so. It is indeed difficult, especially because of having to memorize not just the words, but what form of the words to use after  particular verbs and prepositions.

The pronunciation is not all that difficult, a LOT easier than Russian or Chinese, but there are a variety of dialects spoken in addition to the official Hochdeutsch.  They understand your question, but then they answer Schweitzerdeutsch and you probably are not going to understand the answer.

American high schools and colleges are not structured to teach foreign language fluently. There are a variety of useful things online like Duolingo and Deutsche Welle and Slow German that can be very helpful. I taught Spanish for 42 years, and if I were to design a program to teach a language, it would be very much like Duolingo. Babelmight be as good or better, but I have not used it. Duolingo is free.

Europeans are VERY GOOD at teaching foreign languages. I have met Germans, Scandinavians and Dutchmen that speak perfect unaccented standard American Broadcast English.

If you simply do the assignments and memorize the vocabulary in a US HS or university class, you will never achieve real fluency, not even in a simple language like Spanish.In the Netherlands, many HS classes are taught in English. Nearly everyone in the Netherlands speaks English.  Belgians are also quite good with language instruction. The French, Spanish and Portuguese are better than Americans. American FL instruction is better than Japanese, though.

1 minute ago, XavierOnassis said:

I have been working on learning German on Duolingo for the past year or so. It is indeed difficult, especially because of having to memorize not just the words, but what form of the words to use after  particular verbs and prepositions.

The pronunciation is not all that difficult, a LOT easier than Russian or Chinese, but there are a variety of dialects spoken in addition to the official Hochdeutsch.  They understand your question, but then they answer Schweitzerdeutsch and you probably are not going to understand the answer.

American high schools and colleges are not structured to teach foreign language fluently. There are a variety of useful things online like Duolingo and Deutsche Welle and Slow German that can be very helpful. I taught Spanish for 42 years, and if I were to design a program to teach a language, it would be very much like Duolingo. Babelmight be as good or better, but I have not used it. Duolingo is free.

Europeans are VERY GOOD at teaching foreign languages. I have met Germans, Scandinavians and Dutchmen that speak perfect unaccented standard American Broadcast English.

If you simply do the assignments and memorize the vocabulary in a US HS or university class, you will never achieve real fluency, not even in a simple language like Spanish.In the Netherlands, many HS classes are taught in English. Nearly everyone in the Netherlands speaks English.  Belgians are also quite good with language instruction. The French, Spanish and Portuguese are better than Americans. American FL instruction is better than Japanese, though.

I plan on gong to Germany in the next year to the BMW headquarters. I am brushing up on my German and learning French

3 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

I plan on gong to Germany in the next year to the BMW headquarters. I am brushing up on my German and learning French

Comment allez-vous mon cher 

4 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

Check out Deutsche Welle and Duolingo. There are excellent resources for studying German online.

1 minute ago, XavierOnassis said:

Check out Deutsche Welle and Duolingo. There are excellent resources for studying German online.

thanks XO

1 hour ago, Blue Devil said:

So you missed the joke.

Must happen a lot.

Ha!

He's a pinheaded busybody, the death of every party.