JinnMartini

What's WRONG in being PROUD to be WHITE ?

Just now, JinnMartini said:

You fcking retarded liberal asswipes ?

I am a Conservative and happen to be white. 

Personally, I don't find much value in taking pride in the skin color you were born with.  It says nothing about who you are; who you have become; who you are to other people; your accomplishments; your intelligence; or much of anything else for that matter.  On the other hand, I don't see that it is wrong to take pride in being white either.  It just seems rather empty to me.

1 minute ago, JinnMartini said:

Two days ago, Beto O'Rourke apologized for being white.

Is that the face...…...of the New Dem Party???

How sad.  How very, very sad.    😥

3 minutes ago, Skans said:

Personally, I don't find much value in taking pride in the skin color you were born with.  It says nothing about who you are; who you have become; who you are to other people; your accomplishments; your intelligence; or much of anything else for that matter.  On the other hand, I don't see that it is wrong to take pride in being white either.  It just seems rather empty to me.

+1

A n|gga is proud to be black ...

A chink is proud to be a flat-faced yellow chink ...

A wop is proud to be a spaghetti stuffing wop mouth ...

Etc etc

Why can't a White be proud to be White ?

13 minutes ago, JinnMartini said:

Etc etc

it is ok to be proud to be white has long as one doesn't think he is superior to other races.

15 minutes ago, JinnMartini said:

So, I should strive to be just like the people you do not much care for.  How does that make sense?

19 minutes ago, Skans said:

Bingo. Racial identity has nothing to do with the individual. Taking pride or feeling shame for the actions of ones race seems completely baseless. Same with any pride not stemming from individual accomplishment. Gay pride, national pride, sports team pride. All pretty hollow. 

24 minutes ago, Skans said:

amen 

4 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Same with any pride not stemming from individual accomplishment. Gay pride, national pride, sports team pride. All pretty hollow. 

I can't really disagree with this.  However, I was listening to a radio show some time ago where they had a sports psychologist go into detail on how and why people, who are not part of a team, take great pride in being a fan or associated with that team.  There is a distinctly human element to the pride of association - it is a real thing.  I found this enlightening.

1 minute ago, Skans said:

I can't really disagree with this.  However, I was listening to a radio show some time ago where they had a sports psychologist go into detail on how and why people, who are not part of a team, take great pride in being a fan or associated with that team.  Thee is a distinctly human element to the pride of association - it is a real thing.  I found this enlightening.

I just like patrick mahones.

he has inspired a whole city.

I never cared much for football until he started playing.

1 minute ago, Skans said:

I can't really disagree with this.  However, I was listening to a radio show some time ago where they had a sports psychologist go into detail on how and why people, who are not part of a team, take great pride in being a fan or associated with that team.  There is a distinctly human element to the pride of association - it is a real thing.  I found this enlightening.

Tribalism is deeply ingrained. I certainly find myself a victim of it. Takes effort to be empathetic towards the other team, nation, political ideology. Certainly a flaw all humans suffer from that, when honestly examined, is pretty shallow.

24 minutes ago, JinnMartini said:

Etc etc

well, if one is white and a racist imbecile, it would seem that their whiteness is the only thing they can be proud of. if you have a shlt job, are a drunk, hate minorities, and are stupid and lazy being white is all ya got left that separates you from the dreaded coloreds.

not saying you are a pos racist imbecile or anything. heck you would know that better than me.

6 minutes ago, Skans said:

It is interesting. I only have one team in sports that I take great pride in being associated with, Boise State Football. 

1 minute ago, NeoConvict said:

Tribalism is deeply ingrained. I certainly find myself a victim of it. Takes effort to be empathetic towards the other team, nation, political ideology. Certainly a flaw all humans suffer from that, when honestly examined, is pretty shallow.

what is wrong with being proud to be a human being instead of being separated

into groups which makes manipulation and control so much easier for those in power who are so inclined???

i am proud to be part of the human race with all it's glory.

what is bizarre is every other nationality you can state being proud of or  if you're proud of your sexual orientation, its fine  

If you're gay and say you're proud for being gay, you are a hero

If you're transgendered and you're proud for being transgender you are lauded as a hero 

if you're black and you are proud for being black you're a solid person

if you're a woman and proud for being a woman you are respected

if you're one of the 59 different genders and you're proud, you are courageous

If you're a muslim and proud you are treated with respect

but if you're a white male and straight and you say you are proud of being a white man who is straight, youre a fuc kin racist?

35 minutes ago, Skans said:

My sentiments, exactly.

39 minutes ago, JinnMartini said:

Are you one of those "Proud Boys" that beat up decent people?

2 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

1 minute ago, impartialobserver said:

It is interesting. I only have one team in sports that I take great pride in being associated with, Boise State Football. 

Yes, he was discussing tribalism.  It's been awhile since I listened to this - it was on a sports station, but I found this very interesting.  I'm certainly not immune from this.   But, isn't it odd how a fan will get so worked up over a team that he is not a part of and knows nothing of the individual fan.  The speaker was going into detail even about he physiology of what takes place to a fan during a game, after a win and after a loss.  Intellectually, we know better, but almost everyone can get caught up in tribalism. 

1 minute ago, harryramar said:

what is wrong with being proud to be a human being instead of being separated

into groups which makes manipulation and control so much easier for those in power who are so inclined???

i am proud to be part of the human race with all it's glory.

I am generally not a fan of pride, even when it's deserved. I guess you can derive pride for being human and all the accomplishments we have made as a species. Trouble is, if you are going to take personal pride in its successes in technology and art and literature you also have to take some credit for the wars and genocides and politically induced famines.