personreal

Is It Hip to Ignore the Health Risks of Marijuana?

8 minutes ago, personreal said:

Actually that's just you knee jerking.  Something yer very good at TrumpBStaying.   :)

I read your article and it shot you down at the knees.  So you want to believe something so bad that you ignore your own evidence, You're beyond helping. 

1 minute ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

I read your article and it shot you down at the knees.  So you want to believe something so bad that you ignore your own evidence, You're beyond helping. 

Stop whining.  You claimed on another thread you want serious discussion...then you attack me here.

What a fuking phony you are.   LOL

22 hours ago, lewstherin said:

tenor.gif

i agree. pot advocates try to say DUI on weed is rare. but that's only because there is no breathalyzer test for weed. 

i can actually slam a 12 pack and drive fine. i can't drive at all on weed, though. i drink all the time and have never had a DUI,

nor have i ever been in a wreck while drinking and driving. i got stoned once and drove though, and ran off the road 3 f*cking times

on a 5 mile stretch back home. just bought this classic cutlas supreme when i did it, too. totally f*cked up the body of the vehicle, too. 

i was $hitty. lol

23 hours ago, personreal said:

tenor.gif

"In conclusion, the results show that continued cannabis use is associated with a 7-fold greater odds for subsequent commission of violent crimes.  This level of risk is similar to the increased risk of lung cancer from smoking cigarettes over a similar duration (40 years).  The authors suggest that impairments in neurological circuits controlling behavior may underlie impulsive, violent behavior, as a result of cannabis altering the normal neural functioning in the ventrolateral prefrontal cortex."  

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-new-brain/201603/marijuana-use-increases-violent-behavior

https://norml.org/news

......For the least-educated conservaweenies.

Why would it ever be hip to ignore the health risks of anything?

However I really do think that cigarettes and especially alcohol are much worse.

Anyone who has ever had to deal with an alcoholic could tell you it's much more difficult than dealing with some burnout pothead.

Just now, Toldya said:

However I really do think that cigarettes and especially alcohol are much worse.

Anyone who has ever had to deal with an alcoholic could tell you it's much more difficult than dealing with some burnout pothead.

True. We don't have thousands dying of liver failure from pot. Stoners are more likely to give unwanted hugs than attempt violence. 

By the time we're all said and done I have zero doubt the health BENEFITS of using weed, including the mental health benefits for many people, will be proven to far outweigh the hazards.

15 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

True. We don't have thousands dying of liver failure from pot. Stoners are more likely to give unwanted hugs than attempt violence. 

I would say even the psychological effects of alcohol are worse.

I've seen people going through DTs... it's horrifying. 

13 minutes ago, splunch said:

By the time we're all said and done I have zero doubt the health BENEFITS of using weed, including the mental health benefits for many people, will be proven to far outweigh the hazards.

Rut roh raggy, we agree. 

1 hour ago, NeoConvict said:

Know too many life long stoners and burnouts to believe it can't have lasting impact.

pillow.gif

hitchens-razor.png

55 minutes ago, Toldya said:

34 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

It will not happen during the Trump regime but the next Democratic President will probably oversee full federal legalization of marijuana.

State laws will remain, but states that fail to legalize will just watch as their dollars flow over the border, like Oklahoma is complaining about with Colorado.  Money talks, as always, it seems.  Once the hammerlock on the law was broken by voter referendums, the genie was out of the bottle.  The weed dollars are flowing, and they are competing directly now with the money that drug companies and drug dealers spent to support prohibition all these years.  It feels inevitable to me now, like gay marriage in the years leading up to that change.