personreal

Is It Hip to Ignore the Health Risks of Marijuana?

Just now, CrimeaRiver said:

Agreed bro.  I like to get high sometimes when I do outdoor stuff - maybe 6-8x a year

All things in moderation no matter what it is.  

Just now, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

Translation: No such studies exist because I want to be so internet cool... :D 

OK...don't believe it.  Not my problem.   :)

2 minutes ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

I'm not the one claiming that Weed turns people into murderers.  You must think "Refer Madness" is medically accurate.  :D

Classic movie. 

1 minute ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

I have. And you're full of sh!t... :D 

No I'm not actually...but you do seem defensive.   :)

Just now, personreal said:

No I'm not actually...but you do seem defensive.   :)

I'm amused by your crazy as hell claims that you can't ever prove.   It's like arguing with a brain damaged toaster.

PersonReal thinks its realistic. 

Boy comes home from school and smashes a frying pan over his mother's head in the kitchen. Pretty realistic.

Are you anti-vaxxer too?  I just want to know how much of an intervention your family must be planning for you.  :D 

OK...have it yer way.

I'm not saying people are running around killing each other cause they're stone on pot...but as more information comes out it's clear there is a down side just like with other drugs.

3 minutes ago, personreal said:

I'm not saying people are running around killing each other cause they're stone on pot...but as more information comes out it's clear there is a down side just like with other drugs.

I'll take that as a concession that you were wrong about pot turning people into murderers.  :D

It is no secret that there are downsides to marijuana use. It has been my experience that most regular to heavy users feel that it is safer than tobacco and less-mind altering than alcohol and therefore superior in some sense. I will say that I have yet to hear/read of someone smoking pot (and ingesting no other drugs) and then going out and committing murder or beating their wives/gfs. Have not done the drug in 20+ years but all it did to me was make me tired and give me an intense craving for large amounts of salty snacks. 

4 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

Boy comes home from school and smashes a frying pan over his mother's head in the kitchen. Pretty realistic.

Meth perhaps. 

4 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

I haven't smoked in decades but I know that it doesn't make people spaz out over a piano.  

Just now, impartialobserver said:

It is no secret that there are downsides to marijuana use. It has been my experience that most regular to heavy users feel that it is safer than tobacco and less-mind altering than alcohol and therefore superior in some sense. 

I had a job where a couple of work buddies would go smoke a joint on their lunch break.  They reeked of it and were giggling like little school girls.  The job didn't have a piss test so they never got in any trouble.  

To be honest, It was hilarious.  I miss those days.  

I'm amused by your crazy as hell claims that you can't ever prove.   It's like arguing with a brain damaged toaster.

^^  Triggered  cause he knows there's at least some basis in fact to what the data shows  ^^

I had a job where a couple of work buddies would go smoke a joint on their lunch break.  They reeked of it and were giggling like little school girls.  The job didn't have a piss test so they never got in any trouble.  

To be honest, It was hilarious.  I miss those days.  

When I worked in restaurants, the younger guys would get high in the walk-in freezers. While they did not perform their job at the highest level, they were functional.

1 minute ago, leftwinger said:

Wrong. It was in the movie, Reefer Madness.

Missed the point. Some drugs, like meth and bathsalts are known to cause psychotic breaks. Pot isn't. 

4 minutes ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

I'll take that as a concession that you were wrong about pot turning people into murderers.  :D

Yer tendency to be in denial is showing up again on this thread.   :) 

"In conclusion, the results show that continued cannabis use is associated with a 7-fold greater odds for subsequent commission of violent crimes.  This level of risk is similar to the increased risk of lung cancer from smoking cigarettes over a similar duration (40 years).  The authors suggest that impairments in neurological circuits controlling behavior may underlie impulsive, violent behavior, as a result of cannabis altering the normal neural functioning in the ventrolateral prefrontal cortex."  

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-new-brain/201603/marijuana-use-increases-violent-behavior

2 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Missed the point. Some drugs, like meth and bathsalts are known to cause psychotic breaks. Pot isn't. 

We were talking about the movie.

4 minutes ago, personreal said:

Yer tendency to be in denial is showing up again on this thread.   :) 

"In conclusion, the results show that continued cannabis use is associated with a 7-fold greater odds for subsequent commission of violent crimes.  This level of risk is similar to the increased risk of lung cancer from smoking cigarettes over a similar duration (40 years).  The authors suggest that impairments in neurological circuits controlling behavior may underlie impulsive, violent behavior, as a result of cannabis altering the normal neural functioning in the ventrolateral prefrontal cortex."  

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-new-brain/201603/marijuana-use-increases-violent-behavior

Nah. Crime is a result of the illegality of pot, not its effects. Violence during alcohol prohibition wasn't a result of consumption. Users are involved in supporting criminal enterprise. 

3 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

We were talking about the movie.

Refer madness would be somewhat accurate if it was about bath salts.

1 minute ago, NeoConvict said:

Nah. Crime is a result of the illegality of pot, not its effects. Violence during alcohol prohibition wasn't a result of consumption. Users are involved in supporting criminal enterprise. 

There is truth in that as well...but decade of studies and data gathering also points to the use of pot...mostly long term heavy use.

It's like anything else...it isn't happening to everybody...but it does happen.