dontlooknow

Trump loses to everybody but one person in crowded democrat presidential candidates

31 minutes ago, Olivaw said:

Then your experience may be limited. The sought after result is knowledge and skill.

So not a piece of paper? Got it. 

. Exams are the best way that we have to determine if the student has gained them.  

What kind of exam?

Those who passed the exams (or successfully defending a dissertation or thesis) are generally more clever/committed than those who failed or didn't try. 

Based on????

10 minutes ago, kfools said:

Apparently you didn't get it.  The paper proved that the individual was able to demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to earn the degree. 

What kind of exam?

Based on????

Multiple choice, written, oral, defending a thesis or dissertation etc. It's situational. 

Trump was a big proponent of education until he became a politician. Now he claims to love the uneducated, despite a career spent treating them like dirt. Care to explain? 

59 minutes ago, Olivaw said:

Then your experience may be limited. The sought after result is knowledge and skill. . Exams are the best way that we have to determine if the student has gained them.  Those who passed the exams (or successfully defending a dissertation or thesis) are generally more clever/committed than those who failed or didn't try. 

GMTA

27 minutes ago, kfools said:

What kind of exam?

Based on????

several centuries of experience.

20 minutes ago, Olivaw said:

Apparently you didn't get it.  The paper proved that the individual was able to demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to earn the degree. 

Then why can't your average Joe just take a test for a degree?

Multiple choice, written, oral, defending a thesis or dissertation etc. It's situational. 

This proves what exactly? That you can regurgitate what you are told?

Trump was a big proponent of education until he became a politician. Now he claims to love the uneducated, despite a career spent treating them like dirt. Care to explain? 

Does a degree make you educated?

19 minutes ago, Olivaw said:

kfools does NOT have a college education.  He has served with some distinction as an enlisted man in the National Guard, however, and has gained a great deal of tactical knowledge, awareness and experience.  He knows that the depth and breadth of material studied over the course of a demanding four year - or longer - college degree program is beyond his experience, and, therefore, beyond his knowledge.  He desperately wants to make everyone - but most importantly, himself - believe that he is every bit as smart and knowledgeable than any of those college geeks and their "pieces of paper".

It's kinda sad, actually. 

Just now, kfools said:

Then why can't your average Joe just take a test for a degree?

Your average Joe can attempt to challenge exams but is unlikely to succeed.  Same goes for submitting papers to academic journals. If you don't understand the subject matter, you are unlikely to add to the body of knowledge. 

This proves what exactly? That you can regurgitate what you are told?

Regurgitation is for grade school and 101 levels. Beyond that, exams are designed to measure comprehension. 

Does a degree make you educated?

Yes. 

8 minutes ago, maineman said:

kfools does NOT have a college education.  He has served with some distinction as an enlisted man in the National Guard, however, and has gained a great deal of tactical knowledge, awareness and experience.  He knows that the depth and breadth of material studied over the course of a demanding four year - or longer - college degree program is beyond his experience, and, therefore, beyond his knowledge.  He desperately wants to make everyone - but most importantly, himself - believe that he is every bit as smart and knowledgeable than any of those college geeks and their "pieces of paper".

There are smart people who have not obtained a degree but smart people who obtained the degree have demonstrated that their raw intelligence can be focused and applied. 

When I was a hiring manager, I quickly learned that a clever individual with an education will almost always surpass a clever individual without. 

1 hour ago, Olivaw said:

There are smart people who have not obtained a degree but smart people who obtained the degree have demonstrated that their raw intelligence can be focused and applied. 

When I was a hiring manager, I quickly learned that a clever individual with an education will almost always surpass a clever individual without. 

and one of the edges that educated person has is the ability to grasp large amounts of new information with minimal read-throughs.  I can remember, at Annapolis, being stunned by how many hundreds of  pages each and every professor expected me to read before the next class.... and then... years later, when getting my MBA, I looked back and laughed at how little I really had had to digest each night at the undergraduate level compared to the graduate level, and how much more DENSE and packed the information was.

On 5/16/2019 at 11:36 AM, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

Especially when it comes to taxes.  He's got a record of blatantly depreciating his own property to reduce his taxes.

He did not "depreciate" his property. He reported a false, lesser value for his property to the government to pay less in taxes.

Then he reported a false, greater value of his holdings to banks in order to get them to lend him money.

Then he stiffed the banks. Only Deutschebank was willing to dobusiness with him. It is said that Deutschebank had a deal with the Russian mafia that supplied moiney to Trump.

Trump is a corrupt, lying conman

2 hours ago, maineman said:

Hey Maine,

Your daddy, Bill Cosby, called. He wants you.....to come visit him. 

And, he said for you to bring 10 cartons of cigarettes.        😎

34 minutes ago, Taipan said:

Hey Maine,

Your daddy, Bill Cosby, called. He wants you.....to come visit him. 

And, he said for you to bring 10 cartons of cigarettes.        😎

my father was white and a distinquished Illinois lawyer and politician... he's been dead for more than a decade.  You have me confused with someone else.

Is the sum total of your contributions to this site nothing but stupid ad hominem shit like this?  Why bother???

Just now, maineman said:

my father was white and a distinquished Illinois lawyer and politician... he's been dead for more than a decade.  You have me confused with someone else.

Is the sum total of your contributions to this site nothing but stupid ad hominem shit like this?  Why bother???

The sum total?

The sum total is to teach you.....right from wrong.

Now, sit at my feet......and pay attention.  But don't feel special.  I work at a homeless shelter

and I do this for all the whores, junkies, winos, and other losers.     😎

50 minutes ago, Taipan said:

The sum total?

The sum total is to teach you.....right from wrong.

Now, sit at my feet......and pay attention.  But don't feel special.  I work at a homeless shelter

and I do this for all the whores, junkies, winos, and other losers.     😎

::::yawn:::::

On 5/17/2019 at 4:47 PM, maineman said:

At first you claimed,  "There wasn't anything wrong with the sentence you originally critiqued"

and now you are blaming your phone for somehow adding and changing words?  

make up your mind.

Fucking loser.

If you had said, "yeah... you're right... it was grammatically fucked up, but I didn't bother to fix it" at least that would have shown a modicum of integrity.  As it is... you're busted, lying loser.

^^^ from two days ago

"There wasn't anything wrong with the sentence you originally critiqued"

your words.

a lie.

and you knew it then and know it now.

you'd sacrifice your integrity for something as insignificant as this?????