Sign in to follow this  
kfools

The china problem.

Just now, kfools said:

Hard to call it propaganda when I can see with my own eyeballs it is true. 

Literally. I can SEE IT! 

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/28/trumps-economic-policies-failed-to-deliver-promised-3percent-growth-in-2018.html

• Throughout the 2016 campaign and since, the president and his party have vowed to kick-start tepid Obama-era economic growth.
  • New government data show that Trump, too, has failed to reach the 3 percent promised land, according to one major metric.
  • The Commerce Department’s Bureau of Economic Analysis measured 2018 growth at 2.9 percent, matching the peak Obama enjoyed in 2015.
  • For the rest of the president’s term, economic forecasters agree, that number will decline.

1 minute ago, kfools said:

Hard to call it propaganda when I can see with my own eyeballs it is true. 

Literally. I can SEE IT! 

you only see what you want to see its called confirmation bias

Just now, guilluamezenz said:

you only see what you want to see its called confirmation bias

That isn't how confirmation bias works chump. 

8 hours ago, kfools said:

They rip us off and that is not in dispute. 

They pay peasant wages 

Steal our pattens and intellectual rights

Put tariffs on imports long before we did to them

Without tariffs or war how do we deal with that? 

i so so hope they get the crap out of us, but obectively trade wars benifit no one china however is better situated to survive this that was are 

• ARGUMENT

Why China Will Win the Trade War

Trump thinks he has a strong hand. In fact, Washington is far more vulnerable than Beijing.

“When you’re already $500 Billion DOWN, you can’t lose!” U.S. President Donald Trump tweeted on April 4. He seems to believe that because the United States has a huge trade deficit with China — actually $337 billion in 2017, not $500 billion — he is bound to win the impending trade war between the two countries. But even though China sells more to America than it buys in return, Beijing’s position is actually much stronger, both economically and politically, than that crude calculus suggests.

Economically, both the United States and China would lose from a trade war. Punitive tariffs would push up import prices, dent exports, cost jobs, and crimp economic growth, so both sides would do best to avoid an outbreak of hostilities. But now that the Trump administration is threatening to impose 25 percent tariffs on $46 billion of U.S. imports from China and China has responded in kind, a trade war looms. Trump has since raised the stakes by threatening tariffs on a further $100 billion of imports (so far unspecified), which Beijing promptly said it would match. Trump’s calculation appears to be that China has more to lose and so will back down. He is wrong.https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/04/13/why-china-will-win-the-trade-war/

6 hours ago, kfools said:

Where are we sinking? 

We seem too be doing better than ever. 

Better than ever with what?

14 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

I have a Taiwanese friend who is married to a mainland Chinese woman from the city of Qingdao, a coastal city where Tsing Tao beer is brewed. His wife's parents are in their early eighties. They own their own apartment and retired at age FIFTY. His father in law was a mid-level office worker, his wife worked in a factory. They live on pension from the government. They had two children, both girls, the older one died of some inherited genetic ailment whose name I have forgotten. These old folks fly to Miami from China every year to be with the grandchildren. They pay all their own expenses. They were able to buy a two year old minivan for their daughter for cash.

So perhaps some Chinese workers make "peasant wages", but this is an example of two that do not. Neither of these people had a college education, neither of them was a Communist Party member.   Their story jibes with  stories that I have read about Americans and Canadians who traveled to China as teachers and wrote their observations.

The middle class of China is about as large as the entire population of the US, at around 300 million.

A lot of people in China became millionaires simply because they bought an apartment in the right place at the right time (mostly before the 2008 Olympics).