NeoConvict

Global warming solutions far worse than warming

5 minutes ago, Toldya said:

Drastic population reduction is not being considered by anyone, snd you support the party that actively wants to make it as bad as it can possibly be.

Making sure Trump isn't re-elected will make things better.

Disingenuous. How are we going to return to pre industrial levels of greenhouse gas emissions with 7 billion people on the planet? The green new deal is the closest I have seen to realistic climate change reduction legislation and it still falls short.

9 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Thanos only killed half. These people need 4 out of 5 to be eliminated to halt the warming. 

Why would you want to stop the  warming?    You want it to get colder?

5 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

Baby it’s cold outside 

3 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

Well most of human development is along the coasts so a significant rise in ocean levels would lead to significant displacement of people. A warmer more energetic climate will also produce more powerful storms, exacerbate droughts, and cause the frequency of other natural disasters to increase. The risks they outline are valid. The solutions they sell are inadequate. So either they don't really believe the risks or they are unwilling to admit the price to reverse global warming would make Hitler's final solution look like Gandhi. 

1 minute ago, NeoConvict said:

Well most of human development is along the coasts so a significant rise in ocean levels would lead to significant displacement of people. A warmer more energetic climate will also produce more powerful storms, exacerbate droughts, and cause the frequency of other natural disasters to increase. The risks they outline are valid. The solutions they sell are inadequate. So either they don't really believe the risks or they are unwilling to admit the price to reverse global warming would make Hitler's final solution look like Gandhi. 

Well I guess I’ll have to move again 

7 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

Baby it’s cold outside 

It is.    Coldest spring in decades

2 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

They have been talking about apocalypse end of times and climate scares  for as long as I can remember .. yes we are fucked but not for a while 

4 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Well most of human development is along the coasts so a significant rise in ocean levels would lead to significant displacement of people.

Except it isn’t going to happen.

Just now, EltonJohnson said:

Kinda mornings that make ya not want to get out of bed.. if you know what I mean ;) 

5 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

Pretty wet too. 

2 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

Except it isn’t going to happen.

Arctic has been melting since the exit of the last ice age. It will continue to do so until the next 10000 year cycle take hold. Sea levels have remained pretty static over the past 150 years. Less than 2 feet in rise over that period. Some scientists claim this is because the ocean floor has compacted under the extra weight, hiding the real increase. To me that sounds too much like "the dog ate my homework".

6 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

Kinda mornings that make ya not want to get out of bed.. if you know what I mean ;) 

raw

7 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Disingenuous. How are we going to return to pre industrial levels of greenhouse gas emissions with 7 billion people on the planet? The green new deal is the closest I have seen to realistic climate change reduction legislation and it still falls short.

It is not even a little bit disingenuous to say that Trump is making it worse, OR that population reduction is seriously being considered. The least we could be doing is not giving the oil industries massive tax breaks that neither ordinary citizens nor most other industries receive. We also need to punish corporations who are responsible for mass deforestation as well a regulating emissions standards more strictly.

It isn't possible to return to pre-industrial levels and that isn't the current goal-- the current goal is to not do what Trump is doing by pretending it isn't a problem or it's a fvcking conspiracy theory and letting the oil companies control climate change policy. We are probably headed for a really rough couple of decades if we manage to prevent total collapse, but that doesn't mean we should just keep making it worse. 

There are probably going to be a lot of different solutions-- GMO trees that can store more CO2 in combination with engineering species to adapt to the new climate, carbon capture, etc. But of course we won't be able to make any progress as long as Trump is defiling the white house with his stupidity and filth.

3 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Arctic has been melting since the exit of the last ice age. It will continue to do so until the next 10000 year cycle take hold. Sea levels have remained pretty static over the past 150 years. Less than 2 feet in rise over that period. Some scientists claim this is because the ocean floor has compacted under the extra weight, hiding the real increase. To me that sounds too much like "the dog ate my homework".

Yeah, obviously you know more than NASA.

2 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Worrying about these things truly a waste of time . 

My friend went all organic gmo free - she was still a dipcrap and a Bernie supporter 

we are no longer friends 

2 minutes ago, Toldya said:

It is not even a little bit disingenuous to say that Trump is making it worse, OR that population reduction is seriously being considered. The least we could be doing is not giving the oil industries massive tax breaks that neither ordinary citizens nor most other industries receive. We also need to punish corporations who are responsible for mass deforestation as well a regulating emissions standards more strictly.

It isn't possible to return to pre-industrial levels and that isn't the current goal-- the current goal is to not do what Trump is doing by pretending it isn't a problem or it's a fvcking conspiracy theory and letting the oil companies control climate change policy. We are probably headed for a really rough couple of decades if we manage to prevent total collapse, but that doesn't mean we should just keep making it worse. 

There are probably going to be a lot of different solutions-- GMO trees that can store more CO2 in combination with engineering species to adapt to the new climate, carbon capture, etc. But of course we won't be able to make any progress as long as Trump is defiling the white house with his stupidity and filth.

Population control - I support that ALL day long 

3 minutes ago, Toldya said:

The least we could be doing is not giving the oil industries massive tax breaks that neither ordinary citizens nor most other industries receive.

What are these tax breaks?  

why do  they get them?

3 minutes ago, Toldya said:

There are probably going to be a lot of different solutions-- GMO trees that can store more CO2 in combination with engineering species to adapt to the new climate, carbon capture, etc.

Can   you tell us what level of science  training / education  you have?

2 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

What are these tax breaks?  

why do  they get them?

Can   you tell us what level of science  training / education  you have?

Oh FFS you lazy POS:

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/04/business/04bptax.html

And I don't have training in this stuff, I just know how to read and have enough modesty and humility to accept that people who write articles like this:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/10/101001105205.htm

probably know what they're doing.

You see, I defer to people who understand the issue as opposed to wallowing in ignorance and then making up my own narratives because they make me feel good.

This is something you and Neoconvict should also try, but you won't, because you're Trump supporters.

2 minutes ago, Toldya said:

Deflection. The AGW proponents solutions that are sold to the public fall well short of addressing the alleged issue. That has nothing to do with Trump or big oil or climate change denial. If it's true that we face catastrophic global warming unless we reduce our emissions and footprint to pre industrial levels then paying for pollution credits and planting trees isn't goint to cut it. Driving a Prius is feel good masturbation. We would need to start with the elimination of the farming of meat. We would need to convert most buildings to solar and switch most utilities to alternative energy. Oh, and we can't use nuclear because it's scary. When that proves not to be enough we will have to cap the global human population to one billion. The green new deal gets some respect from me as it's at least a bit more appropriate a proposition to help the alleged issue than smart cars and carbon trading schemes. 

11 minutes ago, Toldya said:

This is something you and Neoconvict should also try, but you won't, because you're Trump supporters.

I have news for you,  Trump's policies worked  and are  working.     Your policies have  failed over and over.

12 minutes ago, Toldya said:

I don't have training in this stuff

I can  tell.    So you appeal to  authority without question, which is naive.

7 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

I have news for you,  Trump's policies worked  and are  working.     Your policies have  failed over and over.

I can  tell.    So you appeal to  authority without question, which is naive.

You appeal to the fullest extent of your colon, which is where your head lives.

Trump's environmental policies are a fvcking disaster.

21 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Deflection. The AGW proponents solutions that are sold to the public fall well short of addressing the alleged issue. That has nothing to do with Trump or big oil or climate change denial. If it's true that we face catastrophic global warming unless we reduce our emissions and footprint to pre industrial levels then paying for pollution credits and planting trees isn't goint to cut it. Driving a Prius is feel good masturbation. We would need to start with the elimination of the farming of meat. We would need to convert most buildings to solar and switch most utilities to alternative energy. Oh, and we can't use nuclear because it's scary. When that proves not to be enough we will have to cap the global human population to one billion. The green new deal gets some respect from me as it's at least a bit more appropriate a proposition to help the alleged issue than smart cars and carbon trading schemes. 

Climate change initiatives do not automatically translate to genocide.

You are absolutely insane.