Sign in to follow this  
drvoke

I own the restaurant that asked Sarah Sanders to leave. Here is what I learned from it...

5 hours ago, Chuck! said:

Never in my life have I been motivated to send a hate mail.
That's like bragging about impotence.

I send protest mail all the time. I was suspended from Twitter for 11 hours recently because of hate mail. No regrets.

6 hours ago, BeAChooser said:

"I own the restaurant that asked Sarah Sanders to leave. Here is what I learned from it..."

Judging from that article ... Not A Damn Thing.

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? It is clearly spelled out.

6 hours ago, Taipan said:

Denny's in Birmingham.

The sign in the window says,...….. "No Negroes Allowed Inside".

Will that be OK, with the Dems?             

Confucius say,

Man who live in glass house,

Should not throw rocks.                     🙂

Poor analogy. Apples and oranges.

5 hours ago, NeoConvict said:

I don't know anyone who ever has. Guess the extremes are getting more vocal on both sides. I am sure there are good people on both sides. 😎

More precisely 'fine people'. But I hear your racist dog whistle loud and clear.

5 hours ago, personreal said:

Her act against Sanders was that of a child.

Honest and uncomplicated, and knowing the difference between right and wrong.

5 hours ago, bigsky said:

non-violence will be met with violence?

No. kfools said intolerance is met with intolerance. I believe violence should be met with violence. I'm wrong, but I don't care.

1 minute ago, drvoke said:

Honest and uncomplicated, and knowing the difference between right and wrong.

no....it was complete bitchery.....but I do understand where she is coming from......I showed up on the job site today and discovered it was a sh it fu cking faggot who owned the house....

I picked up my tools and left...went fishing....I dont work for faggots

Just now, drvoke said:

No. kfools said intolerance is met with intolerance. I believe violence should be met with violence. I'm probably wrong, but I don't care.

I think nonviolence should be met with violence.....but im usually chicken....so it works out better for me.

Just now, bigsky said:

no....it was complete bitchery.....but I do understand where she is coming from......I showed up on the job site today and discovered it was a sh it fu cking faggot who owned the house....

I picked up my tools and left...went fishing....I dont work for faggots

Yes you do, unless you give blow jobs for fun and the $5 they give you is just an added bonus.

2 minutes ago, bigsky said:

I think nonviolence should be met with violence.....but im usually chicken....so it works out better for me.

LOL

1 minute ago, drvoke said:

Yes you do, unless you give blow jobs for fun and the $5 they give you is just an added bonus.

no....you have me confused with you.....

In this instance, justice was done.  And when donations and reservations poured in to the restaurant owner's lap ...  That was poetic justice.

Sarah Sanders is a totally amoral, duped fool, who cleaves to blind obeisance to her famously dishonest employer, Mein Trumpkofk.    She is payed to deceive as many Americans as possible.  Being herself, a puppet on a string.  Sarah Sanders is a lost soul, searching for salvation in the den of the devil.

9 hours ago, drvoke said:

"What I learned is: resistance is not futile."

The owner took a stand for what is right.

Image result for window

Point 1: Yeah she really changed Donald Trump and the world for standing up for what is right. She is just another intolerable kook !

Point 2: The above picture says it all about ultraliberal intolerance for anyone they disagree with ! Well so does the picture below.

310005.jpg

10 hours ago, drvoke said:

The owner took a stand for what is right.

No they did not.    The owner took a stand on stupidity and intolerance.    You still haven’t realized your ideology is based on lies.

Hands Up Don’t Shoot

Tawana Brawley

Duke Lax

UVA Gang Rape

Brett Kavanaugh 

Covington Catholic 

Jussie Smollet 

Trump Russia Collusion 

The list keeps growing and growing.   Left wing lies.  That is just the most publicized lies.   You have so many other lies you wade in.

lies about wages, genders, healthcare 

Lies

That is what you stand for.  

3 hours ago, bludog said:

Sarah Sanders is a totally amoral, duped fool, who cleaves to blind obeisance to her famously dishonest employer, Mein Trumpkofk.    She is payed to deceive as many Americans as possible

How about you tell us Sara Sanders’ lies?  She is by accounts a nice honest lady and mom.  She comes from a nice family.

you are the one who sides in lies.   You didn’t get the memo that your 2 year investigation on Trump resulted in you pushing a lie the whole time.  

4 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

Hands Up Don’t Shoot

Tawana Brawley

Duke Lax

UVA Gang Rape

Brett Kavanaugh 

Covington Catholic 

Jussie Smollet 

Trump Russia Collusion 

That’s you right there. 

Ill side with Sanders and the actual truth.  

11 hours ago, drvoke said:

Image result for red hen inn

"What I learned is: resistance is not futile."

The owner took a stand for what is right. They had to weather the storm of hatred and threats of violence, but people of goodwill ultimately won. Donations and reservations poured in. Some visit the restaurant as a monument of resistance to inhumanity.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/i-own-the-red-hen-restaurant-that-asked-sarah-sanders-to-leave-resistance-isnt-futile/ar-AABlGz9?ocid=spartanntp

(Full article at above link)

I’ve been getting hate mail for almost a year now, ever since I asked White House press secretary Sarah Sanders to leave my Lexington, Va., restaurant, the Red Hen, last June.

At the time, the country was in turmoil over the Trump administration’s heinous practice of separating children from their parents at our southern border. In our tiny 26-seat restaurant, the horror felt simultaneously immediate and far away. 

Faced with the prospect of serving a fine meal to a person whose actions in the service of our country we felt violated basic standards of humanity, we couldn’t do it.

I took Ms. Sanders aside and politely suggested she leave. She agreed, equally politely. She may or may not have expected this day would come, but she never showed any sign of outrage, or even much surprise. We’d drawn a line; she’d accepted it.

I’m pretty sure both of us thought that was the end of the matter.

When I awoke the next morning, social media was on fire. The incident had gone from a Facebook post to a tagged tweet to nationally trending news with the whoosh of lighter fluid to a flame.

The blowback was swift and aggressive. Within 24 hours, the restaurant’s phone line was hacked, my staff and I were doxxed, and threats to our lives and families and property were pouring in through every available channel. Protesters colonized the streets around the restaurant. Thousands of fake Yelp reviews torpedoed our ratings, and dozens of people attempted to lock up our tables with reservations they had no intention of honoring. Pundits lamented the prospect of “red restaurants” and “blue restaurants.” In less than three days, President Trump had mocked us on Twitter.

In the days following, I tried to balance fears for the safety of my family and staff against the reality of being well-protected in a small, loving community.  

When the mail started pouring in, things got weirder. For the first few days the rubber-banded bundles fit into my letter carrier’s shoulder bag. But soon he was forced to heft large white plastic totes overflowing with letters and packages up to my door.

The realness of that mail struck me. Paper correspondence carries all the marks of genuine humans, people who feel strongly enough about the whole event that they take on all those little tasks of letter writing — tracking down paper or card, composing their thoughts, handwriting or printing it out, locating our address and getting it into the mail.

In more than 4,000 painstakingly typed letters, hastily scrawled postcards, and feces-smeared notebook pages, I was branded a racist, a bigot and a hypocrite. A victim of “Trump Derangement Syndrome.”  

Yet, as I kept opening the letters, I saw a pattern. For every hateful message, there was one of gratitude, a note of thanks from someone lamenting Trump’s rollback of protections for marginalized people. What’s more, for every wish  that our business die a painful death, there was a dollar bill or a generous check or an order for a gift certificate.

When we opened after a 10-day hiatus, our dining room was full. In the following weeks, people who had never been to the Shenandoah Valley traveled out of their way to eat with us. Hundreds of orders for our Red Hen spice blend poured in. And the love spread far beyond our door, as supporters sent thousands of dollars’ in donations in our honor to our local food pantry, our domestic violence shelter and first responders.

After nearly a year, I’m happy to say that business is still good. Better than good, actually. And besides the boost to our area charities, our town’s hospitality and sales revenue have gone up, too.

Our haters may have believed that there were more of “them” than of “us,” but it turns out we have more than enough to keep us cooking. And to everyone who might be fearful about taking a stand, I say don’t be. Resistance is not futile, for you or your business.

I think the hate letters smeared with feces was a bit much, cons. Not surprising though.

Lefty BS,  chickens are infected with disease and they are probably going out of business.

14 minutes ago, Chongo said:

At the time, the country was in turmoil over the Trump administration’s heinous practice of separating children from their parents at our southern border.

Remember they were fine when Obama was doing it. 

2 minutes ago, drvoke said:

Image result for sarah sanders red hen cartoon

Great, they can plan on going out the business too, I slow cooked a chicken for 8 hours and still had to throw it out, they probably shot it full of vaccines-hormones and fed it toxic GMO food. I'm not going to trust a bunch of sick leftys with my food.

5 hours ago, drvoke said:

More precisely 'fine people'. But I hear your racist dog whistle loud and clear.

Fine people, good people. Not all liberals are atheist commies. Not all conservatives are uneducated racists.

12 hours ago, kfools said:

Intolerance will not be tolerated.

Unless it’s the intolerance of a SNOWFLAKE who cannot accept that people disagree with them.

2 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

Unless it’s the intolerance of a SNOWFLAKE who cannot accept that people disagree with them.

2015-07-14-3b19fed4.jpg

12 hours ago, drvoke said:

This guy has it right. The owner should be in jail for discrimination.

But who cares about faggot Dems eating tofu and drinking sparkling sissy water. Decent people won't eat there anyway.