Sign in to follow this  
drvoke

I own the restaurant that asked Sarah Sanders to leave. Here is what I learned from it...

1 hour ago, chairmanOFTB said:

I think Sarah Huckabee Sanders is a class act,

Yeah, like when she lied to the entire country that lots and lots of FBI personnel called her to thank her for Comey being fired.

Is that your definition of "class"?

1 minute ago, DemoMan said:

Yeah, like when she lied to the entire country that lots an lots of FBI personnel called her to thank her for Comey being fired.

Is that your definition of "class"?

Sarah Huckabee Sanders is a class act in the way that Herb Tarlak of WKRP in Cincinnati was a class act. She has a very distasteful job of repeating lie after lie  in front of millions of people for a rather modest paycheck. She rather like a snakeoil salesman's assistant.

10 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

I am pretty sure that if any restaurant chain-- McDonald's, Starbucks, Waffle House, etc. were to announce that "after the first of next year, we will no longer be serving (name any group: Blacks, Whites, Boy Scouts, Blackwater mercenaries, electricians, gays, heterosexuals)", there would be a lawsuit and that lawsuit would be lost. 

I think you can argue that refusing the serve  the mendacious Huckabee was a violation of her rights. On the other hand, it also made sense for her to go elsewhere, rather than attempt to enjoy her meal; in a place where she was unwanted.

except if you're in a protected class you have more  rights and where is the line? it seems we have gone too far at times .

we are supposed to be an advanced society with rights, The owner has the right to refuse service as most place do, some places you cant enter without a shirt, shoes, business attire etc, that is acceptable to most of  us

But why pick out a person because you believed she lied to the american public? if we are being honest all public figures lie, some more than others, If I owned a restaurant and said sorry Josh Earnest, or those who were on Obama's staff that you are not welcomed here as you lied to the american public, you said I could keep my doctor , would you think I have a legitimate beef or just a whining right winger?

1 minute ago, chairmanOFTB said:

except if you're in a protected class you have more  rights and where is the line? it seems we have gone too far at times .

we are supposed to be an advanced society with rights, The owner has the right to refuse service as most place do, some places you cant enter without a shirt, shoes, business attire etc, that is acceptable to most of  us

But why pick out a person because you believed she lied to the american public? if we are being honest all public figures lie, some more than others, If I owned a restaurant and said sorry Josh Earnest, or those who were on Obama's staff that you are not welcomed here as you lied to the american public, you said I could keep my doctor , would you think I have a legitimate beef or just a whining right winger?

I do not own the restaurant, it was not my call. The owner in this case politely asked her to leave, and she did so. 

I am entirely content with the outcome. I cannot say whether I would have asked her to leave or not.

19 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

True. Except that banning/refusing to serve all persons of color is a bit different from refusing service to a relatively few individuals for whatever reason. Besides, all actions have consequences. Word of mouth and the spread of technology are a bit__.

I didn't say "all persons of color" did I? No I said A person of color.

18 minutes ago, DemoMan said:

Yeah, like when she lied to the entire country that lots and lots of FBI personnel called her to thank her for Comey being fired.

They didn't? Let's see the proof. Or are you on one of your hallucinogenic trips again?

3 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

I didn't say "all persons of color" did I? No I said A person of color.

Yes, people would overreact if a single person of color was refused service. However, that comes with the assumption that this person was acting in a civil fashion and the owner is adamantly racist. That's a lot to assume. 

21 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Sarah Huckabee Sanders is a class act in the way that Herb Tarlak of WKRP in Cincinnati was a class act. She has a very distasteful job of repeating lie after lie  in front of millions of people for a rather modest paycheck. She rather like a snakeoil salesman's assistant.

A fictional character on a comedy show exaggerated beyond anything that actually exists and you compare that hyperbole to a real person.  wow. misdirection from the start all the way through.

Social media has given rise to this new inflated sense of self aggrandizement. It allows for people to play the victim card for even the slightest of slights (real or perceived). It allows everyone to play hero no matter how small or inconsequential their actions are. 

2 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Social media has given rise to this new inflated sense of self aggrandizement. It allows for people to play the victim card for even the slightest of slights (real or perceived). It allows everyone to play hero no matter how small or inconsequential their actions are. 

Sad but true

Just now, NeoConvict said:

Sad but true

This owner probably thinks of herself as some hero who valiantly stood up to the big, bad Trump/conservative establishment (or whatever exaggerated title one can think of) and should be recognized with some award/honor. And yet, one week after her valiant effort... no one cared. 

7 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

couldnt agree more 

8 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

This owner probably thinks of herself as some hero who valiantly stood up to the big, bad Trump/conservative establishment (or whatever exaggerated title one can think of) and should be recognized with some award/honor. And yet, one week after her valiant effort... no one cared. 

Unfortunately she was rewarded for it. Thousands of small donations along with feces smeared threats. Tempted to start an anti Trump business with the intent of fleecing drooling partisans.

1 minute ago, NeoConvict said:

Unfortunately she was rewarded for it. Thousands of small donations along with feces smeared threats. Tempted to start an anti Trump business with the intent of fleecing drooling partisans.

For those with such inflated self worth, the threats or negative actions were probably a bit exciting, invigorating, etc. People care enough about her small, insignificant actions to go out of their way to react to her so passionately. 

46 minutes ago, sole result said:

A fictional character on a comedy show exaggerated beyond anything that actually exists and you compare that hyperbole to a real person.  wow. misdirection from the start all the way through.

YOU are more weird than any comedic characters, sole. You make less sense than Cliff Clavin, but you are not funny

2 hours ago, drvoke said:

I don't 'get violent'. That implies anger. I have no anger management issues. Violence can be dispensed without emotion. I have felt obligated to do this on a few occasions when I have witnessed violence against others. 

Alright, let me reword that.

So you feel obligated to  "dispense violence"  when you witness somenone dispensing violence because he felt obligated to dispense it ?

Wonder if this makes more sense than my previous post ? 

1 minute ago, JinnMartini said:

Alright, let me reword that.

So you feel obligated to  "dispense violence"  when you witness somenone dispensing violence because he felt obligated to dispense it ?

Wonder if this makes more sense than my previous post ? 

Yes.

Yes.

1 hour ago, XavierOnassis said:

I am pretty sure that if any restaurant chain-- McDonald's, Starbucks, Waffle House, etc. were to announce that "after the first of next year, we will no longer be serving (name any group: Blacks, Whites, Boy Scouts, Blackwater mercenaries, electricians, gays, heterosexuals)", there would be a lawsuit and that lawsuit would be lost. 

I think you can argue that refusing the serve  the mendacious Huckabee was a violation of her rights. On the other hand, it also made sense for her to go elsewhere, rather than attempt to enjoy her meal; in a place where she was unwanted.

You asswipe are UNWANTED here ... yet here you are, sticking around like big turd that just doesn't flush away no matter how many times the chain is pulled.

Reading over this thread, I think I have detected the problem. Cons are under the false impression that all opinions are equal. THAT IS NOT TRUE.  Some things are correct, others not. Fair as opposed to unfair, kindness not cruelty, acceptance not bigotry. GOOD vs EVIL.

Im curious, if you were at a restaurant and somebody of the opposite political viewpoint was refused service/forcibly removed simply for being of that viewpoint, would you care?

3 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

YOU are more weird than any comedic characters, sole. You make less sense than Cliff Clavin, but you are not funny

seldom do you run into an honest sole(individual reproduction knowing the proportion of his presence) among the corrupted souls saving concepts of what humanity should be.

7 hours ago, drvoke said:

This sounds reasonable.

310005.jpg

5 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

Im curious, if you were at a restaurant and somebody of the opposite political viewpoint was refused service/forcibly removed simply for being of that viewpoint, would you care?

It would depend on what issue we are talking about.

14 minutes ago, Old Mack said:

310005.jpg

I would take that as an invitation for self-service. Meaning: I'm taking whatever the f*ck I want.

7 hours ago, SixShooter said:

They didn't? Let's see the proof.

You can save your brainless whoring.   She already admitted it wasn't true.