Sign in to follow this  
drvoke

I own the restaurant that asked Sarah Sanders to leave. Here is what I learned from it...

Just now, EltonJohnson said:

This is more evidence of knowing  we will win.   

Subhuman slime thinks "evidence" will allow him to predict the future. 

2 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

You are   low  info.

And you are a deluded imbecile.¬† ūüėú

6 minutes ago, lewstherin said:

plus it'll make the meltdown they have after the indictments roll out that much more hilarious. lol

I remember  telling libs that Hillary was under investigation in 2015, and they   laughed and mocked me.    Of course I was  right.  In  April 2016   the  libs found out.    

the  big surprise  was then the  realized the   fix was  in on  7/5/2016 when  Comey  let her off the  hook after reading a guilty  charge

Just now, bludog said:

Subhuman slime thinks "evidence" will allow him to predict the future. 

I  clearly  know  more than  you and I am far better  informed than   you are.     

1 minute ago, bludog said:

And you are a deluded imbecile.¬† ūüėú

Mock me all you want.    I know you are wrong and who is going to be laughing last.   Me.

And I will point when I laugh,  oh  yes.    There will be  pointing and gloating.

19 minutes ago, chairmanOFTB said:

See you can be reasonable in a response so I shall engage in a dialogue 

So I wonder what conclusion you will draw form that observation?  No doubt a self-serving one.

YOU:   I should have said she was asked to leave not refused service, but then doesn't that show discrimination as Mrs. Sanders works for the White house as a press secretary.She isnt a high level cabinet senate confirmed appointee.She is a press secretary .

All irrelevant to the point.

YOU:   Im curious so if a Restaurant owned by lets say a Card carrying NRA member who is a registered Republican , and Josh Earnest former white house secretary to Obama came in with his family and the restaurant owner asked him to leave because he disagreed with Obama's policies are you saying that its fine and that is the owners right or would you question it?

It would be the owner's right -  long as there was no history of the owner doing the same to other black customers.

YOU:   Serious question.

Simple answer.

1 minute ago, DemoMan said:

So I wonder what conclusion you will draw form that observation?  No doubt a self-serving one.

YOU:   I should have said she was asked to leave not refused service, but then doesn't that show discrimination as Mrs. Sanders works for the White house as a press secretary.She isnt a high level cabinet senate confirmed appointee.She is a press secretary .

All irrelevant to the point.

YOU:   Im curious so if a Restaurant owned by lets say a Card carrying NRA member who is a registered Republican , and Josh Earnest former white house secretary to Obama came in with his family and the restaurant owner asked him to leave because he disagreed with Obama's policies are you saying that its fine and that is the owners right or would you question it?

It would be the owner's right -  long as there was no history of the owner doing the same to other black customers.

YOU:   Serious question.

Simple answer.

I'm not drawing a conclusion and Im asking a simple question, which boils down to 

why is a political affiliation a reason for discrimination ?

19 hours ago, drvoke said:

Image result for red hen inn

"What I learned is: resistance is not futile."

The owner took a stand for what is right. They had to weather the storm of hatred and threats of violence, but people of goodwill ultimately won. Donations and reservations poured in. Some visit the restaurant as a monument of resistance to inhumanity.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/i-own-the-red-hen-restaurant-that-asked-sarah-sanders-to-leave-resistance-isnt-futile/ar-AABlGz9?ocid=spartanntp

(Full article at above link)

I’ve been getting hate mail for almost a year now, ever since I asked White House press secretary Sarah Sanders to leave my Lexington, Va., restaurant, the Red Hen, last June.

At the time, the country was in turmoil over the Trump administration’s heinous practice of separating children from their parents at our southern border. In our tiny 26-seat restaurant, the horror felt simultaneously immediate and far away. 

Faced with the prospect of serving a fine meal to a person whose actions in the service of our country we felt violated basic standards of humanity, we couldn’t do it.

I took Ms. Sanders aside and politely suggested she leave. She agreed, equally politely. She may or may not have expected this day would come, but she never showed any sign of outrage, or even much surprise. We’d drawn a line; she’d accepted it.

I’m pretty sure both of us thought that was the end of the matter.

When I awoke the next morning, social media was on fire. The incident had gone from a Facebook post to a tagged tweet to nationally trending news with the whoosh of lighter fluid to a flame.

The blowback was swift and aggressive. Within 24 hours, the restaurant‚Äôs phone line was hacked, my staff and I were doxxed, and threats to our lives and families and property were pouring in through every available channel. Protesters colonized the streets around the restaurant. Thousands of fake Yelp reviews torpedoed our ratings, and dozens of people attempted to lock up our tables with reservations they had no intention of honoring. Pundits lamented the prospect of ‚Äúred restaurants‚ÄĚ and ‚Äúblue restaurants.‚ÄĚ In less than three days, President Trump had mocked us on Twitter.

In the days following, I tried to balance fears for the safety of my family and staff against the reality of being well-protected in a small, loving community.  

When the mail started pouring in, things got weirder. For the first few days the rubber-banded bundles fit into my letter carrier’s shoulder bag. But soon he was forced to heft large white plastic totes overflowing with letters and packages up to my door.

The realness of that mail struck me. Paper correspondence carries all the marks of genuine humans, people who feel strongly enough about the whole event that they take on all those little tasks of letter writing ‚ÄĒ tracking down paper or card, composing their thoughts, handwriting or printing it out, locating our address and getting it into the mail.

In more than 4,000 painstakingly typed letters, hastily scrawled postcards, and feces-smeared notebook pages, I was branded a racist, a bigot and a hypocrite. A victim of ‚ÄúTrump Derangement SyndromeÔĽŅÔĽŅ.‚ÄĚ ¬†

Yet, as I kept opening the letters, I saw a pattern. For every hateful message, there was one of gratitude, a note of thanks from someone lamenting Trump’s rollback of protections for marginalized people. What’s more, for every wish  that our business die a painful death, there was a dollar bill or a generous check or an order for a gift certificate.

When we opened after a 10-day hiatus, our dining room was full. In the following weeks, people who had never been to the Shenandoah Valley traveled out of their way to eat with us. HundredsÔĽŅ of orders for our Red Hen spice blend poured in. And the love spread far beyond our door, as supporters sent thousands of dollars‚Äô in donations in our honor to our local food pantry, our domestic violence shelter and first responders.

After nearly a year, I’m happy to say that business is still good. Better than good, actually. And besides the boost to our area charities, our town’s hospitality and sales revenue have gone up, too.

Our haters may have believed that there were more of ‚Äúthem‚ÄĚ than of ‚Äúus,‚ÄĚ but it turns out we have more than enough to keep us cooking. And to everyone who might be fearful about taking a stand, I say don‚Äôt be. Resistance is not futile, for you or your business.

Image result for red hen inn

I think the hate letters smeared with feces was a bit much, cons. Not surprising though.

...very immature or a liar or both....

I know you are wrong and who is going to be laughing last.

And you don't know shit from shinola.    All your cock-sure, self-serving predictions confirm it.   People who understand the way the world works, don't put much stock in made-up-on-the-spot predictions.

6 minutes ago, bludog said:

And you don't know shit from shinola.    All your cock-sure, self-serving predictions confirm it.   People who understand the way the world works, don't put much stock in made-up-on-the-spot predictions.

I've been right the  whole time.   everything  I predicted came true.

Meanwhile...   Mueller came up short for you.     

1 hour ago, EltonJohnson said:

Wrong.   Obama and you are the ones who are the Big   Brother thugs.

Trump is  a  threat to  your kind.

'Alternative facts', 'Truthful hyperbole', 'doesn't pass the fact checking', etc.  Orwell should have had such an imagination. 

1 hour ago, EltonJohnson said:

The left is a bunch of   hypocrites,   as the very same   ideology attacked a  man for not making a gay themed wedding cake.   he did not refuse  service  to them,  he  just would not make a specific cake.

I am not going to rehash it but I said pretty much the same thing about the baker in Colorado. 

1 minute ago, drvoke said:

'Alternative facts', 'Truthful hyperbole', 'doesn't pass the fact checking', etc.  Orwell should have had such an imagination. 

those are claims from  liberals.     

You are the side  Orwell was talking about.   

Just now, impartialobserver said:

I am not going to rehash it but I said pretty much the same thing about the baker in Colorado. 

I was careful not to include  you  in that  group.   

13 minutes ago, chairmanOFTB said:

I'm not drawing a conclusion and Im asking a simple question, which boils down to 

why is a political affiliation a reason for discrimination ?

Minor quibble: Sanders was not refused service over her political affiliation. She was refused service over her actions.  Specifically, Sanders is believed to have lied repeatedly to the American people. 

Just now, Olivaw said:

She was refused service over her actions.  Specifically, Sanders is believed to have lied repeatedly to the American people. 

False accusations from  a  deranged  mass population.     Sanders doesn't lie.    If she makes mistakes she corrects them.

3 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

I was careful not to include  you  in that  group.   

Ok and thanks. Both parties that were refused service had abundant options/alternatives. They should quit whining and find other alternatives. 

5 minutes ago, Olivaw said:

Minor quibble: Sanders was not refused service over her political affiliation. She was refused service over her actions.¬† Specifically, Sanders is believed to have lied repeatedly to the American people.¬†ÔĽŅ

okay, I can accept that explanation.

2 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Ok and thanks. Both parties that were refused service had abundant options/alternatives. They should quit whining and find other alternatives. 

There are differences.

The   CO  cake shop was set up by activists.

Sanders was  just out for dinner.

Just now, chairmanOFTB said:

okay, I can accept that explanation.

I do not accept it.    It is a lie that Sanders lies.

There are differences.

The   CO  cake shop was set up by activists.

Sanders was  just out for dinner.

By "set up", are you saying that they chose that particular vendor/baker due to his religious beliefs? This assumes that the baker's religious views were known to all.. that sounds a bit far fetched. 

2 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

I do not accept it.    It is a lie that Sanders lies.

But its the owner of the restaurant perception and her restaurant 

I may not agree with the owner decision or perception but it still her restaurant and her right.

If the owner and I haven't read all the stories started kicking out all republicans or those that sport MAGA paraphernalias, then yeah I would question it

but Mrs Sanders who I believe is a good person and doing her job and isnt liked because she is Donald Trump spokesperson is being targeted , then its not cool but then its a private business and that owner has the right to do what she feels is best.

Just like I have the right to boycott it because I don't agree with the owner decision.

7 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

By "set up", are you saying that they chose that particular vendor/baker due to his religious beliefs? This assumes that the baker's religious views were known to all.. that sounds a bit far fetched. 

that is exactly what happened.   The guy was very open about his  beliefs.

They are  still trying to  get him.     Another  activist  lawyer who is transgender  is trying to  get  him for  not making a  sex change  cake for him.

20 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

I've been right the  whole time.   everything  I predicted came true.   

A declaration of infallibility !   Delusions of grandeur.  I was right the first time.  You're batcrap, fucking nuts.

Meanwhile...   Mueller came up short for you.     

Nah.  Barr redacted his report into illegible pablum.

that is exactly what happened.   The guy was very open about his  beliefs.

They are  still trying to  get him.     Another  activist  lawyer who is transgender  is trying to  get  him for  not making a  sex change  cake for him.

I will look into this at another time. I need more evidence than the opinion of a stranger. 

3 minutes ago, chairmanOFTB said:

But its the owner of the restaurant perception and her restaurant 

I may not agree with the owner decision or perception but it still her restaurant and her right.

yes it  is her right  to be  deranged  liberal ,  but  it is  Big Lie that Sanders is a  liar.    Same with Trump.

Just now, bludog said:

A declaration of infallibility !   Delusions of grandeur.  I was right the first time.  You're batcrap, fucking nuts.

No pal.     I  was right.   it  is  just a fact.

1 minute ago, bludog said:

Barr redacted his report into illegible pablum.

You are an  idiot.   Barr  did no such thing.      thanks for  making my day.    You are my  window  into  liberal insanity