Sign in to follow this  
TrumpBGoneSoon

Are There American Christians Being Persecuted?

5 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

I have always assumed that the entire audience to this event was composed of Jews. There is no accusation of blasphemy, either.

The four Gospels are more likely hearsay than an actual historical description.

They were written at least fifty years after the event. To put it in perspective, about as long a span of time as it is from now until the break-up of the Beatles.

Jesus spent nearly all his time preaching only to Jews.

Paul observed that Jews were a rather small component of the population and they were harder to convert than pagans.

Pagan men did not fancy circumcision/ Paul managed to get his protégé Timothy to circumcise himself, but eventually, he managed to convince Peter that it was not necessary and after that, conversions rolled in. 

I have often wondered what Timothy thought of that. I am pretty sure he did not enjoy circumcising himself.

Rabbis....they work for "tips"

lol

4 hours ago, lewstherin said:

i would. if i owned a food service place? i'd dare anyone i don't like to try to make me cook food for them if i didn't want to. lol. 

that cake batter sure as hell ain't gonna be made with anything they wanna eat, though. ha ha

faggots are gross....so are goat fu ckers......not as bad as dems though....I hate dems worse than faggots and goat fu ckers.....

7 hours ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

If you're refering to the OT, Sure.  NT not so much.  And Most Christians will say they follow the NT moreso than the OT since they eat non-kosher food. 

I'm afraid that you're not understanding why there is an OT and an NT. Christ came to fulfill the law. Read the book of Acts.

1 hour ago, Michaelf said:

I'm afraid that you're not understanding why there is an OT and an NT. Christ came to fulfill the law. Read the book of Acts.

2 points.  The crucifixion of Jesus is commonly considered a New Covenant with God.   2nd point, Jesus never stated his wish for everyone to eat Kosher.  

On 5/12/2019 at 3:59 PM, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

Are There American Christians Being Persecuted?

big-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

26Ny.gif

On 5/12/2019 at 12:59 PM, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

The point was brought up,   I couldn't find any examples.  Can you? 

Well, we can always hope.

17 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

I have always assumed that the entire audience to this event was composed of Jews. There is no accusation of blasphemy, either.

The four Gospels are more likely hearsay than an actual historical description.

They were written at least fifty years after the event. To put it in perspective, about as long a span of time as it is from now until the break-up of the Beatles.

Jesus spent nearly all his time preaching only to Jews. he told his disciples to avoid villages of Gentiles.

Paul observed that Jews were a rather small component of the population and they were harder to convert than pagans.

Pagan men did not fancy circumcision/ Paul managed to get his protégé Timothy to circumcise himself, but eventually, he managed to convince Peter that it was not necessary and after that, conversions rolled in. 

I have often wondered what Timothy thought of that. I am pretty sure he did not enjoy circumcising himself.

You may not know the full context of this scripture. Yes they were all Jews there. The Pharisees brought a woman to Jesus and asked what they should do to her because she was caught in adultery. This was a trap set by them. If Jesus said she should be stoned to death under Jewish law, he would be breaking Roman law which forbid any capital punishment not approved by the Roman authority. If Jesus said she should not be put to death because of Roman law, they would have accused him of heresy. This is why Jesus said "let he with out sin cast the first stone". He was basically not answer their questions to avoid the trap.

After they left, Jesus asked the woman "where are you accusers". She says I have none (because they left) and Jesus said "and neither do I'. This is where blasphemy comes into play and the most important part of this lesson. Jesus said "now go and sin no more". Jesus directly forgave her showing his divinity and could have been charged with blasphemy.