TheOldBarn

Lies and other things

As long as I've been around many politicians have not been completely honest. But to call a sitting president a straight up liar is not normal. Sure, LBJ was called a baby killer and worse. He was called a liar by Vietnam protesters, but typically the press stepped back from calling him an out and out liar - not that he wasn't a liar, and not that later on after the Pentagon Papers were released a lot of folks knew it was true. Nixon, or Tricky Dick, also deceived quite a lot. But again, he got a pass from the press until he resigned knowing if he didn't he'd soon be impeached.

Reagan lied, or was confused, I'm not sure which. But there was a dishonesty for sure with the Iran Contra affair, and even before, regarding the release of the American Hostages just prior to his first election win. 

Bush II, was controlled by a liar, Dick Cheney, but the press never said as much outright, at least not the mainstream press. 

Obama Lied, Joe Wilson shouted out, "You Lie", at a 2009 State of the Union Speech / which technically was untrue, and also extremely the wrong thing to do at a State of the Union Speech. 

But pretty much, calling a president or a Senator a liar, especially by the press was not something you heard everyday. 

And then, came Trump, the quintessential habitual liar that he is, had to be called out by the press as being a true, and total lying, unfit for the presidency, narcissist pathological liar, because honest to goodness that's what he is and not to say as much would be dishonest.

But did you notice, that once that damn broke, the Republicans call a whole host of people out as being liars.

They say, Adam Schiff is a liar - but they don't point out any of his lies. What did he say that was a lie?

They say the mainstream news media is lying, but what lies did they tell, other than Fox News?

Today, the Republicans call all Democrats Liars. The Republicans are mad at all the lies the Democrats have told. What lies? I wish they could be a little specific.

Trump utilized the Russian Propaganda Campaign as well as their illegal hacking to secure the presidency. The other day I heard a Republican Strategist counter that by saying that Hillary used a foreign 

fake dossier to illegally try to hurt Trump and possibly indict him. 

First, Hillary didn't fund the Steele Dossier in the beginning, it was the Republicans. And Secondly, Christopher Steele was MI6, and not part of the GRU.

Anyway, nowadays, the Republicans, many of those in the Congress call Democrats liars, and they call the news media liars - but they never say anything damning about Trump or Fox News.

Lies, liars. I hear those words a lot. Every time we hear about Trump and his associates Lying, we hear more of more Republicans calling the Democrats liars. It's always been the Republican way, to deflect when accused, and then make at least twice the amount of accusations. 

Anyway, that's how I see it.

Peace!

We have entered a whole new level of non accountability, it seems the truth doesn't matter now since someone can just accuse the accuser of lying also therefore the original lie isn't important any longer, at first I thought Trump would just be a phase we endure for at least 4 years or until impeached since none thought we would really see Republicans defend this president as much as they have. It's just shocking that the simple rule of law is not being respected as before.

On 5/2/2019 at 7:36 PM, fourputt said:

We have entered a whole new level of non accountability, it seems the truth doesn't matter now since someone can just accuse the accuser of lying also therefore the original lie isn't important any longer, at first I thought Trump would just be a phase we endure for at least 4 years or until impeached since none thought we would really see Republicans defend this president as much as they have. It's just shocking that the simple rule of law is not being respected as before.

It is true. It's a sad day for the US because of all this. We need a government that doesn't tell lies. Once you have a good government the answers should rightfully materialize.

That much is true for any government in any country. All people need to know this.

Peace!