king of the county

For Democrats, Ilhan Omar Is a Complicated Figure to Defend

3 hours ago, EltonJohnson said:

Lies of course.   Nothing he says is true.  

what a moronic liar. the lady in the article was attacked and by your pussy preznit, hilary was attacked, maxine waters was attacked , nancy pelosi was attacked, etc etc. you are the biggest liar here mooch boy

51 minutes ago, CrimeaRiver said:

Ilhan simply questioned the control of AIPAC over WASH DC........its a valid concern. 

She used tropes also whatever that is 

BS is not a Democrat. He isn’t in a “wing” of our party.

He is a “wingnut” who has done tremendous damage to our party and who enabled the election of Donald a Trump. Democrats widely despise this a- hole.

Bill

On 4/17/2019 at 7:50 AM, benson13 said:

a-guy-who-cheated-on-his-1st-wife-with-his-32656621.png

And JFK cheated on Jackie when she was pregnant with John john, but that is okay right? how about the one night stand with Marilyn Monroe as he was president 

hypocrite 

yeah yeah , I know JFK isnt president today, and Trump didnt cheat on his wife as President

11 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

BS is not a Democrat. He isn’t in a “wing” of our party.

He is a “wingnut” who has done tremendous damage to our party and who enabled the election of Donald a Trump. Democrats widely despise this a- hole.

Bill

Who is BS?

1 minute ago, king of the county said:

Who is BS?

Read a newspaper.

Bill

1 minute ago, king of the county said:

Who is BS?

TrollCar is referring to Bernie Sanders who he is obsessed with and can't stop whining about.  

On 4/17/2019 at 7:21 AM, king of the county said:

Hell yea I’ll fight hideous pant suit wearing lying piece of crap 

You'd bang her in a New York minute!You horny toad!

"I knew JFK....JFK was a friend of mine...and you are no JFK"....neither is your POS ConMan

16 minutes ago, benson13 said:

"I knew JFK....JFK was a friend of mine...and you are no JFK"....neither is your POS ConMan

Who said he was?

14 minutes ago, king of the county said:

Who said he was?

That was the famous remark Lloyd Bentson said to///can't remember.Running mate of Bush Sr. I believe.

to dan 'potatoe' quayle

king knows nothing...but then, what republiKlan does

THE ROOM RETARD BENSON KNOWS NOTHING

2 hours ago, RollingRock said:

TrollCar is referring to Bernie Sanders who he is obsessed with and can't stop whining about.  

He's the a-hole who, with the help of cultists like you, got Trump elected. 

BS is an enemy of liberal Democracy and I'm thrilled that his current campaign is crashing.

He is a total con man.

Bill

On 4/16/2019 at 5:12 PM, king of the county said:

For Democrats, Ilhan Omar Is a Complicated Figure to Defend 

SHERYL GAY STOLBERG 

1 hr ago 

Representative Ilhan Omar, Democrat of Minnesota, is one of the first two Muslim women elected to Congress.© Jenn Ackerman for The New York TimesRepresentative Ilhan Omar, Democrat of Minnesota, is one of the first two Muslim women elected to Congress. 

WASHINGTON — When President Trump tweeted an edited video portraying Representative Ilhan Omar as playing down the 9/11 attacks, it took less than three hours for Senator Bernie Sanders to rush to her defense and declare her “a leader with strength and courage.” But when a Fox News anchor described Mr. Sanders on Monday night as “a staunch supporter” of Ms. Omar, the senator balked.

“Hold it, hold it, hold it,” Mr. Sanders insisted. “I’ve talked to Ilhan about twice in my life.”

His reaction reflects the broader Democratic Party’s conflicted embrace of Ms. Omar. That struggle has especially been apparent in the House, where Jewish Democrats have tangled with Ms. Omar and Democratic leaders have grappled with how to handle the freshman Democrat from Minnesota, who is one of the first two Muslim women elected to Congress.

When Ms. Omar, 36, pushed for a House rules change to permit her to wear her hijab on the House floor, she was heralded as a powerful symbol of the Democratic Party’s inclusiveness. But her support of the boycott Israel movement and her attacks on supporters of Israel have made her a complicated figure to defend. Democratic leaders, as well as many in the rank and file, are choosing their words with caution.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi denounced the president for invoking the “painful images of 9/11 for a political attack” without mentioning Ms. Omar, and waited until Sunday — two days after Mr. Trump’s tweet — to issue a statement saying she had asked the Capitol Police to assess the congresswoman’s safety. Representative Steny H. Hoyer, the House Democratic leader, waited three days before calling on the president to apologize to Ms. Omar.

“They put us in photos when they want to show our party is diverse,” Representative Rashida Tlaib, Democrat of Michigan and the only other Muslim woman of Congress, wrote on Twitter, responding to someone who complained about Ms. Omar’s “lack of support” from the Democratic leadership. “However, when we ask to be at the table, or speak up about issues that impact who we are, what we fight for & why we ran in the first place, we are ignored. To truly honor our diversity is to never silence us.”

Bernie Sanders holding a sign: Senator Bernie Sanders, independent of Vermont, said he had “talked to Ilhan about twice in my life.”© Lauren Justice for The New York TimesSenator Bernie Sanders, independent of Vermont, said he had “talked to Ilhan about twice in my life.” 

In many respects, Ms. Omar, a Somali refugee whose family received asylum in the United States when she was a teenager, represents a new direction for the Democratic Party. Her allies on the left argue that Mr. Trump’s war with Ms. Omar is a defining issue for the party.

“This is a proxy for who counts as an American and who doesn’t, and that is a fight that the Democratic Party needs to be leading on,” said Waleed Shahid, spokesman for Justice Democrats, a liberal advocacy group that helped elect Ms. Omar. “The Democratic Party can’t run away from the fight regarding Ilhan Omar, because she represents the country. In the story between Make America Great Again or the new America we are becoming, she is a pivotal character.”

Mr. Trump appears to agree. Using Ms. Omar as his foil, he and his team are deploying the same anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim rhetoric for the 2020 re-election campaign that they used to ride to the White House in 2016. The congresswoman has said she has “experienced an increase in direct threats on my life” since the president’s tweet on Friday.

“This is endangering lives,” she said in a statement Sunday night. “It has to stop.”

But centrist Democrats have a more complex relationship with Ms. Omar. Her leftist brand of politics does not go over well in the swing districts that delivered Democrats the House majority. Her views on Israel make many Jews — an important component of the Democratic base — deeply uneasy. And her insinuations that American policy toward the Jewish state is driven by money — “It’s all about the Benjamins baby,” she wrote on Twitter — have drawn charges of anti-Semitism, prompting her to apologize.

So while Ms. Omar’s more moderate colleagues have denounced the threats against her, they have been tepid in their remarks. Representative Josh Gottheimer, a centrist Democrat from New Jersey and strong supporter of Israel, spoke carefully when asked about Ms. Omar.

“The response to different points of view in our country must never be threats of physical harm or violence,” he said.

Even Mr. Sanders — who hails from the same wing of the party as Ms. Omar — is taking care to put some distance between the two of them. When Mr. Sanders spoke Monday night, at a televised town hall meeting hosted by the Fox News Channel, Mr. Sanders, who if elected would be the nation’s first Jewish president, said, “I think that Ilhan has got to do maybe a better job in speaking to the Jewish community.”

She doesn't need defending. And in case you didn't know, she's on the Foreign Affairs Committee. The one that Rex Tillerson just met with in secret.

She's the one on offense. It Trump that's the one on defense. Between Nancy Pelosi kicking his ass up one side of the street, and Reps like Omar kicking it back down the other. It's becoming quite an embarrassment. 

No wonder he's having tantrums.

3 hours ago, skews13 said:

She doesn't need defending. And in case you didn't know, she's on the Foreign Affairs Committee. The one that Rex Tillerson just met with in secret.

She's the one on offense. It Trump that's the one on defense. Between Nancy Pelosi kicking his ass up one side of the street, and Reps like Omar kicking it back down the other. It's becoming quite an embarrassment. 

No wonder he's having tantrums.

Well that didnt take long  Omar offended people of faith on the house floor who is she