Sign in to follow this  
drvoke

Man says employer refused to let him take shelter at work as destructive tornado bore down

Image result for trump tornado cartoon

"Excuse me, sir? Could the rest of us take shelter with you and the other supervisors in the back room until the tornado passes?"

"No. Get back to work."

How much do you want to bet that the boss was a Republican? 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/man-says-employer-refused-to-let-him-take-shelter-at-work-as-destructive-tornado-bore-down/ar-BBVXxO1?ocid=spartanntp

(Full article at above link)

On a morning break from his job as call center representative at Lynx Services, Morse received alerts on his mobile phone of an impending tornado with advisories to take cover, and he heard emergency sirens blaring in the distance.

"Some supervisors disappeared into a back office," said Morse, who wanted to head for safety. "I was one of the people who asked our floor supervisor" for permission to leave his work station and take shelter, he added.

"The supervisor said, ‘No, just continue working. You'll be fine.' I said, ‘Alright' and went to my desk and did what I was told. I've got to work."

Morse is one of 22 employees who filed an Occupational Safety and Health Administration complaint against Lynx Services for not allowing them to take shelter during a tornado. Lynx, a Solera Company, has not yet responded to the allegations.

The tornado traveled nearly 17 miles, was an estimated 300 yards at its widest, lasted 16 minutes and approached within a few miles of the Lynx office building. Dozens of barns, garages and grain bins were destroyed, at least a dozen homes sustained major structural damage, and a state of emergency was declared for the county.

"The Walmart shut down -- and, you know, Walmart doesn't shut down for anything," Morse, who is 21.

Under the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970, employers are responsible for providing safe and healthful workplaces for their employees and to have an Emergency Action Plan "to facilitate and organize employer and employee actions during workplace emergencies." 

Solera released a statement, which in part read,  "We are not paying people to sit on their asses in the basement."*

Related image

* ok, I made that up.-drvoke

1 hour ago, drvoke said:

Image result for trump tornado cartoon

"Excuse me, sir? Could the rest of us take shelter with you and the other supervisors in the back room until the tornado passes?"

"No. Get back to work."

How much do you want to bet that the boss was a Republican? 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/man-says-employer-refused-to-let-him-take-shelter-at-work-as-destructive-tornado-bore-down/ar-BBVXxO1?ocid=spartanntp

(Full article at above link)

On a morning break from his job as call center representative at Lynx Services, Morse received alerts on his mobile phone of an impending tornado with advisories to take cover, and he heard emergency sirens blaring in the distance.

"Some supervisors disappeared into a back office," said Morse, who wanted to head for safety. "I was one of the people who asked our floor supervisor" for permission to leave his work station and take shelter, he added.

"The supervisor said, ‘No, just continue working. You'll be fine.' I said, ‘Alright' and went to my desk and did what I was told. I've got to work."

Morse is one of 22 employees who filed an Occupational Safety and Health Administration complaint against Lynx Services for not allowing them to take shelter during a tornado. Lynx, a Solera Company, has not yet responded to the allegations.

The tornado traveled nearly 17 miles, was an estimated 300 yards at its widest, lasted 16 minutes and approached within a few miles of the Lynx office building. Dozens of barns, garages and grain bins were destroyed, at least a dozen homes sustained major structural damage, and a state of emergency was declared for the county.

"The Walmart shut down -- and, you know, Walmart doesn't shut down for anything," Morse, who is 21.

Under the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970, employers are responsible for providing safe and healthful workplaces for their employees and to have an Emergency Action Plan "to facilitate and organize employer and employee actions during workplace emergencies." 

Solera released a statement, which in part read,  "We are not paying people to sit on their asses in the basement."

Probably, Demorats are too stupid to run or manage any business successfully.

ce18c3756e860021a6d98f6d99107e1d.jpg&f=1

time to Ky to shlt or get off the pot. these people vote republican but mooch off of the fed like a bunch of collective welfare queens. time to do without for these republican gasbags. maybe a few years of hunger will wake them up to reality. if not, oh well...

https://www.wkyufm.org/post/kentucky-second-most-dependent-state-federal-money#stream/0

Kentucky is ranked the second most federally dependent state in the nation.

A recent study by WalletHub looked at two key factors: state government dependency and resident dependency. Kentucky’s government is ranked fourth in dependency on federal money, but is only ranked 23rd in the share of federal jobs. Analyst Jill Gonzalez said there are some drawbacks to being so dependent on federal money.

“So federally if any crisis were going to happen it would probably affect Kentucky more than other states,” she said.  

Gonzalez said federal funding makes up about 40 percent of Kentucky’s revenue, the 4th highest rate in the country.  However, she said Kentuckians are getting more money back from the federal government than what they put in.

“For every dollar a Kentuckian gives, they’re actually getting $2.61 back so that’s a really good return on their federal investment,” she said.  

Tennessee is ranked 13th overall and Indiana is the 11th most federally dependent state.

59 minutes ago, harryramar said:

time to Ky to shlt or get off the pot. these people vote republican but mooch off of the fed like a bunch of collective welfare queens. time to do without for these republican gasbags. maybe a few years of hunger will wake them up to reality. if not, oh well...

https://www.wkyufm.org/post/kentucky-second-most-dependent-state-federal-money#stream/0

Kentucky is ranked the second most federally dependent state in the nation.

A recent study by WalletHub looked at two key factors: state government dependency and resident dependency. Kentucky’s government is ranked fourth in dependency on federal money, but is only ranked 23rd in the share of federal jobs. Analyst Jill Gonzalez said there are some drawbacks to being so dependent on federal money.

“So federally if any crisis were going to happen it would probably affect Kentucky more than other states,” she said.  

Gonzalez said federal funding makes up about 40 percent of Kentucky’s revenue, the 4th highest rate in the country.  However, she said Kentuckians are getting more money back from the federal government than what they put in.

“For every dollar a Kentuckian gives, they’re actually getting $2.61 back so that’s a really good return on their federal investment,” she said.  

Tennessee is ranked 13th overall and Indiana is the 11th most federally dependent state.

16deece0682a6816d4f67e596b80221a--americ

The original post was about a person that wouldn’t help other people- that’s an assshole it doesn’t matter what state he’s from or what party he identifies with 

1 hour ago, Imgreatagain said:

Tornadoes touched down not to far from my place 2 nights ago. Scary stuff 

Its from Gorebull warming.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.Hear Bernice Sanders trying to say we have 12 years of life left?.........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...WHAT A FKN MORON!

The requirement for an employer to have an "Emergency Action Plan" does not mean that they provide adequate shelter from a tornado. Often it amounts to an assigned meeting place where heads are counted once an alarm is sounded. So, who sounds the alarm? Somebody is designated.  So this guy is miffed that it isn't up to him? Personally, I'll head for cover when it seems like a smart thing to do. I'm not going to stop to talk it over or ask permission either. LOL

2 hours ago, Imgreatagain said:

The original post was about a person that wouldn’t help other people- that’s an assshole it doesn’t matter what state he’s from or what party he identifies with 

I agree. But he was a Republican. I'd put money on it.

1 hour ago, drvoke said:

3 hours ago, 123urout said:

Probably, Demorats are too stupid to run or manage any business successfully.

ce18c3756e860021a6d98f6d99107e1d.jpg&f=1

9 minutes ago, drvoke said:

Yeah the Democrats were outside running around in the tornado trying to find oz

2 hours ago, 123urout said:

16deece0682a6816d4f67e596b80221a--americ

And why did Hillary use Bleachbit on her server and the DNC refused to let the FBI do a forensic investigation on their server even after they claimed the Russians hacked it.

Hey 123...we need a "Bridges for Sale" thread so we can cut our lib friends a deal.  :)

2 hours ago, Imgreatagain said:

oh...come on now.....Bad word? really? maybe the dude was a democrat.....they have plenty of safe spaces....

Like I said he was an assshole. There are a few people I know that I wouldn’t let in during a storm. Infact id smile as they spun in a tornado. 

8 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

Like I said he was an assshole. There are a few people I know that I wouldn’t let in during a storm. Infact id smile as they spun in a tornado. 

why do you get to cuss and I...……………..ooohhh....assssssssshole….well that is bad word....

drjoke is going for Menace and CrimeaDiarrhea's rubles.

There's only so much to go around.

kj