Jump to content
BlueDoggL

William Weld to challenge 'unstable' Trump for the 2020 Republican nomination

Recommended Posts

My Op Ed: There you have it MAGAts Trump is being primaried by a sane and competent Republican. Don't worry MAGAts hate competence and sanity so William Weld doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of winning any primaries or does he? If Weld debates Trump it will give the Dems even more ammo to use against Trump. Weld will attack attack attack and Trump will melt leaving a puddle of orange goo on the debate stage.  

 

Trump will probably wimp out so Weld would be wise to encourage another Republican to challenge Trump so when Trump doesn't show the two of them can take turns beating the crap out of Trump. 

 

Hey MAGAts, you are Trump are fuct! 

 

Weld won't win though. Weld obviously doesn't understand how depraved and stupid the Republican base is.

William Weld to challenge 'unstable' Trump for the 2020 Republican nomination

 

 

 

 

Donald Trump has his first Republican challenger for 2020.

William Weld, the former Massachusetts governor, said Friday he would run against Trump for the GOP presidential nomination.

 

“We have a president whose priorities are skewed towards promotion of himself rather than for the good of the country,” Weld said at a recent gathering in New Hampshire. “He may have great energy and considerable raw talent, but he does not use that in ways that promote democracy, truth, justice and equal opportunity for all. To compound matters, our president is simply too unstable to carry out the duties of the highest executive office in the land.”

 

In 2016, Weld ran with Gary Johnson on the Libertarian ticket for president, and received 4.5 million votes.

Trump, who remains wildly popular with much of his deranged base, now becomes the first GOP incumbent since George H.W. Bush to receive a primary challenge.

 

In an interview with Rolling Stone, Weld was asked whether he was surprised he was the first Republican to come out against Trump.

 

“I’m very surprised that I’m the only one,” Weld replied. “There are plenty of capable office holders in the Republican Party, and I bet you there’s a couple of dozen of them who, like myself, think they could do a better job than the incumbent. But it’s partly a miasma of fear that I have seen before in Washington, D.C. And it’s partly whistling past the graveyard and saying, ‘I’m happy, happy, happy.’ And partly it’s just not being willing to say that the emperor has no clothes. And this emperor does have no clothes!”

 

Weld describes himself as fiscally conservative and socially liberal, but takes pains to point out that his positions have been much more consistent than those of the current president.

 

“Mr. Trump, and this is not an indictment, had been a New York City Democrat most of his life,” Weld told Rolling Stone. “My principles have never changed. I’m the same guy who said in 1992, at the Republican convention, “I want the government out of your pocketbook and out of your bedroom.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, BlueDoggL said:

My Op Ed: There you have it MAGAts Trump is being primaried by a sane and competent Republican. Don't worry MAGAts hate competence and sanity so William Weld doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of winning any primaries or does he? If Weld debates Trump it will give the Dems even more ammo to use against Trump. Weld will attack attack attack and Trump will melt leaving a puddle of orange goo on the debate stage.  

 

Trump will probably wimp out so Weld would be wise to encourage another Republican to challenge Trump so when Trump doesn't show the two of them can take turns beating the crap out of Trump. 

 

Hey MAGAts, you are Trump are fuct! 

 

Weld won't win though. Weld obviously doesn't understand how depraved and stupid the Republican base is.

William Weld to challenge 'unstable' Trump for the 2020 Republican nomination

 

 

 

 

Donald Trump has his first Republican challenger for 2020.

William Weld, the former Massachusetts governor, said Friday he would run against Trump for the GOP presidential nomination.

 

“We have a president whose priorities are skewed towards promotion of himself rather than for the good of the country,” Weld said at a recent gathering in New Hampshire. “He may have great energy and considerable raw talent, but he does not use that in ways that promote democracy, truth, justice and equal opportunity for all. To compound matters, our president is simply too unstable to carry out the duties of the highest executive office in the land.”

 

In 2016, Weld ran with Gary Johnson on the Libertarian ticket for president, and received 4.5 million votes.

Trump, who remains wildly popular with much of his deranged base, now becomes the first GOP incumbent since George H.W. Bush to receive a primary challenge.

 

In an interview with Rolling Stone, Weld was asked whether he was surprised he was the first Republican to come out against Trump.

 

“I’m very surprised that I’m the only one,” Weld replied. “There are plenty of capable office holders in the Republican Party, and I bet you there’s a couple of dozen of them who, like myself, think they could do a better job than the incumbent. But it’s partly a miasma of fear that I have seen before in Washington, D.C. And it’s partly whistling past the graveyard and saying, ‘I’m happy, happy, happy.’ And partly it’s just not being willing to say that the emperor has no clothes. And this emperor does have no clothes!”

 

Weld describes himself as fiscally conservative and socially liberal, but takes pains to point out that his positions have been much more consistent than those of the current president.

 

“Mr. Trump, and this is not an indictment, had been a New York City Democrat most of his life,” Weld told Rolling Stone. “My principles have never changed. I’m the same guy who said in 1992, at the Republican convention, “I want the government out of your pocketbook and out of your bedroom.”

massachooseits…….really? does this country think that a guy from massachooseits is a fu cking conservative? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Who??

a guy from massachooseits….a real staunch conservative....wink wink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bigsky said:

massachooseits…….really? does this country think that a guy from massachooseits is a fu cking conservative? 

If you read his bio he's a small government fiscal conservative, a REAL conservative. Mitt Romney was also the governor of Massachusetts. There are a lot of old style conservatives in the Northeast. They are educated, moral and sane except for Chris Christie. Dems used to vote for conservatives. Reagan got a lot of votes from democrats. 

 

If you think Trump is a conservative, you are delusional. If you think you are a conservative, you are delusional. Can you even define conservative? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NeoConvict said:

Who??

A Republican governor who is an actual conservative.  He's also sane like Republican Governor John Kasich who is also a real conservative. MAGAts are not conservatives. MAGAts are much further to the Reich. Oops I mean the right. Well actually I mean the Third Reich.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

He may have great energy and considerable raw talent, but he does not use that in ways that promote democracy, truth, justice and equal opportunity for all.

 

 

This ... is a campaign line.

 

It has nearly zero meaning.

 

Progs will love it.

 

 

kj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BlueDoggL said:

If you read his bio he's a small government fiscal conservative, a REAL conservative. Mitt Romney was also the governor of Massachusetts. There are a lot of old style conservatives in the Northeast. They are educated, moral and sane except for Chris Christie. Dems used to vote for conservatives. Reagan got a lot of votes from democrats. 

 

If you think Trump is a conservative, you are delusional. If you think you are a conservative, you are delusional. Can you even define conservative? 

romney mandated corporate enslavement.....just like Obama..absolutely not conservative...not in the slightest. and no....there are no conservatives on the east coast.....they are all progressive republicans AT BEST.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BlueDoggL said:

A Republican governor who is an actual conservative.  He's also sane like Republican Governor John Kasich who is also a real conservative. MAGAts are not conservatives. MAGAts are much further to the Reich. Oops I mean the right. Well actually I mean the Third Reich.

kaysitch the bitch was no conservative....he is a fu cking progressive republican.....and a traitor to the country..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BlueDoggL said:

My Op Ed: There you have it MAGAts Trump is being primaried by a sane and competent Republican. Don't worry MAGAts hate competence and sanity so William Weld doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of winning any primaries or does he? If Weld debates Trump it will give the Dems even more ammo to use against Trump. Weld will attack attack attack and Trump will melt leaving a puddle of orange goo on the debate stage.  

 

Trump will probably wimp out so Weld would be wise to encourage another Republican to challenge Trump so when Trump doesn't show the two of them can take turns beating the crap out of Trump. 

 

Hey MAGAts, you are Trump are fuct! 

 

Weld won't win though. Weld obviously doesn't understand how depraved and stupid the Republican base is.

William Weld to challenge 'unstable' Trump for the 2020 Republican nomination

 

 

 

 

Donald Trump has his first Republican challenger for 2020.

William Weld, the former Massachusetts governor, said Friday he would run against Trump for the GOP presidential nomination.

 

“We have a president whose priorities are skewed towards promotion of himself rather than for the good of the country,” Weld said at a recent gathering in New Hampshire. “He may have great energy and considerable raw talent, but he does not use that in ways that promote democracy, truth, justice and equal opportunity for all. To compound matters, our president is simply too unstable to carry out the duties of the highest executive office in the land.”

 

In 2016, Weld ran with Gary Johnson on the Libertarian ticket for president, and received 4.5 million votes.

Trump, who remains wildly popular with much of his deranged base, now becomes the first GOP incumbent since George H.W. Bush to receive a primary challenge.

 

In an interview with Rolling Stone, Weld was asked whether he was surprised he was the first Republican to come out against Trump.

 

“I’m very surprised that I’m the only one,” Weld replied. “There are plenty of capable office holders in the Republican Party, and I bet you there’s a couple of dozen of them who, like myself, think they could do a better job than the incumbent. But it’s partly a miasma of fear that I have seen before in Washington, D.C. And it’s partly whistling past the graveyard and saying, ‘I’m happy, happy, happy.’ And partly it’s just not being willing to say that the emperor has no clothes. And this emperor does have no clothes!”

 

Weld describes himself as fiscally conservative and socially liberal, but takes pains to point out that his positions have been much more consistent than those of the current president.

 

“Mr. Trump, and this is not an indictment, had been a New York City Democrat most of his life,” Weld told Rolling Stone. “My principles have never changed. I’m the same guy who said in 1992, at the Republican convention, “I want the government out of your pocketbook and out of your bedroom.”

 

 

Bad and news for Trump. Any challenge at all from another Republican means votes he doesn’t get. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bigsky said:

a guy from massachooseits….a real staunch conservative....wink wink

Never heard of such a thing. Sounds like bigfoot, the loch ness monster, or a San Francisco straight male. Pure myth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, skews13 said:

 

 

Bad and news for Trump. Any challenge at all from another Republican means votes he doesn’t get. 

It's a primary. Democrats have a viable independent challenger which is why many are boycotting their beloved Starbucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump lost on every debate stage in 2016.

 

All the tropes wanted from trump was insults and personal attacks and help from russians. Every time a serious issue arose, he would just say ”I’ll fix it”, and never expand beyond that.

 

They weren’t looking at trump to be informed.  They were just looking for him to be vulgar and vile.  And the more vulgar and vile, the more they loved him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NeoConvict said:

Never heard of such a thing. Sounds like bigfoot, the loch ness monster, or a San Francisco straight male. Pure myth.

they are elusive little bastards to say the least....but one time at band camp....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, jrock2310 said:

Trump lost on every debate stage in 2016.

 

All the tropes wanted from trump was insults and personal attacks and help from russians. Every time a serious issue arose, he would just say ”I’ll fix it”, and never expand beyond that.

 

They weren’t looking at trump to be informed.  They were just looking for him to be vulgar and vile.  And the more vulgar and vile, the more they loved him.

lol....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha…………………...that is some funny sh it right there.....

you are an establishment, status quo, elitist government hooker.....you suck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bigsky said:

lol....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha…………………...that is some funny sh it right there.....

you are an establishment, status quo, elitist government hooker.....you suck.

You sound like trump ☝️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jrock2310 said:

You sound like trump ☝️

and you sound like a Clinton, a bush and an Obama.....yeah....gubmint involvement in everything we do...yeah.....

you would be happier in prison....I assure you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bigsky said:

and you sound like a Clinton, a bush and an Obama.....yeah....gubmint involvement in everything we do...yeah.....

you would be happier in prison....I assure you

Hmmm.... Educated, rational human being.

 

That’s the nicest thing you’ve ever said to me.

 

Thanks, hank.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jrock2310 said:

Hmmm.... Educated, rational human being.

 

That’s the nicest thing you’ve ever said to me.

 

Thanks, hank.

 

 

yer welcome mr."gubmint good....dey do nutin wong…"

trump is the best president ever....face it.

he has a 70% approval rating

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bigsky said:

yer welcome mr."gubmint good....dey do nutin wong…"

trump is the best president ever....face it.

he has a 70% approval rating

🤣🤣🤣

 

Oh hank... you’re incorrigible.

 

You try oh so very hard.

 

Never change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jrock2310 said:

🤣🤣🤣

 

Oh hank... you’re incorrigible.

 

You try oh so very hard.

 

Never change.

why would I? you should

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

Weld was talking about GW/Climate Change....he doesn't stand a chance with the Uneducated rednecks

 

 

See the source image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Republicans have always been fascists at heart.

They don't want actual conservatism, they want Trump.

 

The only reason we had conservatives like Romney running in the past is because that was as close to fascism as the GOP used to allow itself to get.

But now all of that has changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×